PDA

View Full Version : USBP agent killed

JodyH
10-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Breaking news is two Agents shot and one killed south of Tucson AZ.
This sucks.
RIP

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

JM Campbell
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Sad day indeed. Condolences to the families of the fallen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

rsa-otc
10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Breaking news is two Agents shot and one killed south of Tucson AZ.
This sucks.
RIP

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Have they released the names yet? A long time employee (who is retired to AZ now) has a son who is a Border Patrol agent in that area. This could hit close to home. And ya this sucks big time.

RoyGBiv
10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Have they released the names yet?
Not yet...

The identities of the agents were not immediately released, but the shooting occurred at the Brian Terry Station near Naco, Ariz., which is just south of Tucson. The station was named after an agent who was killed in the line of duty in December 2010. The area is considered a remote part of the state and sources tell Fox News that the shooting occurred at 1:50 a.m. local time and about 8 miles from the border.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/02/2-us-border-agents-shot-1-killed-near-major-drug-cooridor-in-arizona/

JV_
10-02-2012, 09:09 AM
If the story just dies, you'll know it was a Fast and Furious gun...

tmoore912
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
The agents were shot while patrolling the area on horseback around 1 a.m.

A third agent was also with them, but not harmed, according to George McCubbin, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a union representing about 17,000 border patrol agents.

McCubbin added, "We're going to keep fighting the fight. We're going to take care of the agent and his family like we have for all the others and we'll get through this..guarantee it."

According to Cochise County Sheriff's spokeswoman Carol Capas, the shooting occurred after an alarm was triggered on one of the many sensors along the border and the three agents went to investigate.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19703207/2012/10/02/border-patrol-agents-shot-1-dead

Rest In Peace.

Lon
10-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Go with God, Brother.

They have the most thankless job in law enforcement. I briefly considered working for the BP, but decided against it.

JodyH
10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
We routinely have 15+ USBP Agents and instructors at our 3-gun matches.
I've become friends with many of them, every one i've ever met have been great guys.
Even though I didn't personally know Agent Ivie... I know Agent Ivie.