PDA

View Full Version : Painting the inside of a Glock magwell.

Cowtown44
09-30-2012, 05:14 PM
I noted a few on this forum have done so. What part did you mark/paint? What was the shape of the mark or was the it a large mark near the end? What marking/painting product did you use. Thanks in advance for replies.

Prdator
09-30-2012, 05:24 PM
I use a "whiteout" pen and it works just fine.

JV_
09-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I paint the part of the magwell that is beveled, closest to the opening, with an orange Sharpie Paint pen. I paint it front to back, some people use arrows/lines. Play around with it and see what/if it works for you.

MD7305
09-30-2012, 05:28 PM
I used a Sharpie brand orange paint marker. I painted the beveled portion on the right side (I'm a righty) of the magwell from the rear corner to the center of the front of the magwell. The paint has held up well. I'll attempt to get a pic this evening.

DVCPrepper
10-01-2012, 03:14 AM
I used testers paint pens in orange. The point was to set the angle and then place a dot so it could only be seen on the reload if the magwell was angled correctly to match the mag coming from the offside while the gun was pulled into the workspace.

It's good for learning index but after a few thousand reloads its not needed IMO, neither is looking at the magwell if the index (elbow to ribs) is available.

John Ralston
10-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I paint the part of the magwell that is beveled, closest to the opening, with an orange Sharpie Paint pen. I paint it front to back, some people use arrows/lines. Play around with it and see what/if it works for you.

Just like this...did it on my P30 too.

VolGrad
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I use either orange or lime green paint pens from the hobby shop to paint everything I can see on the inside of the magwell when the gun us positioned properly for a re-load.

JonInWA
10-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm right-handed, so I apply a dot or a dash of white Liquid Paper to the center of the inner right portion of the magwell, so that I can see it and use it as an index point during a reload. When the Liquid Paper wears/chips, I simply re-apply.

Best, Jon

Zhurdan
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
About three months ago, I painted my Glock and M&P's mag wells with hobby paint. It seems to help out and it's a cheap, easy and effective method.

I was going to paint "NO STEP" on it just for fun. :D

JonInWA
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Just apply a decal from a WWII or contemporary model aircraft decal sheet!

Best, Jon

VolGrad
10-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I use either orange or lime green paint pens from the hobby shop to paint everything I can see on the inside of the magwell when the gun us positioned properly for a re-load.

I just painted the inside of a Lone Wolf Timberwolf magwell with Elmer's opaque metallic grey/silver painter's pen. It worked much better than the colored Krylon paint pens I've used in the past.

justcor
10-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I use a medium Sharpie. It is oil based and needs to be repainted once and awhile.
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o591/justcor1/89e190c1.jpg

BWT
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Maybe it just hasn't happened to me yet.

But I have no problem finding the mag well after shooting/carrying a single stack gun for over a year.

I do it by feel, the way I see it (or... poor choice of words, don't see it) you're inserting a magazine into a fisted grip (that happens to have a pistol in it).

Are you guys generally faster looking? If there's a speed advantage, I'm all for trying it out.

Mr_White
10-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe it just hasn't happened to me yet.

But I have no problem finding the mag well after shooting/carrying a single stack gun for over a year.

I do it by feel, the way I see it (or... poor choice of words, don't see it) you're inserting a magazine into a fisted grip (that happens to have a pistol in it).

Are you guys generally faster looking? If there's a speed advantage, I'm all for trying it out.

I don't find there to be any advantage to looking, either for speed or reliability of insertion. But I am in the tiniest minority ever on this issue. Virtually everyone else looks and feels they benefit from it. Maybe I need to try it again.

JeffJ
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
My time for a good reload doesn't really change but while looking my fumble factor is a little less. I don't paint b/c it's not production legal.