PDA

View Full Version : And For The Next Six Months...

AzShooter
11-09-2022, 06:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/T3knAXlh.jpg

I'm trying to get classified in Rimfire Pistol Iron for Steel Challenge Competition. I've already shot my Black Mamba with a C-More 12 MOA dot for RFPO and have had a lot of fun. For the past 6 months I've been shooting my S&W 617 instead of the Mamba.

Today I set it up with a Volquartsen fiber optic front sight and VQ adjustable rear so I can get my new classification. I intend to shoot this setup for the next 6 months and then see what I will change to at that time.

feudist
11-09-2022, 06:25 PM
Was the 617 optic equipped?
Can you summarize the pros and cons of the 2 guns for Steel Challenge?

AzShooter
11-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Was the 617 optic equipped?
Can you summarize the pros and cons of the 2 guns for Steel Challenge?

Yes it was.

I always have two guns set up the same way. I've learned over the years that if one goes belly up I have backup in my bag.

I like the variety of Steel Challenge. There are 13 divisions right now. I had to shoot my 617 against the autos because there is no division for revolver .22s.

feudist
11-09-2022, 07:28 PM
Yes it was.

I always have two guns set up the same way. I've learned over the years that if one goes belly up I have backup in my bag.

I like the variety of Steel Challenge. There are 13 divisions right now. I had to shoot my 617 against the autos because there is no division for revolver .22s.

How did that go?

AzShooter
11-10-2022, 02:55 AM
It went very well. I actually had my best times with the revolver. I'm more accurate with it.