PDA

View Full Version : 38 years and out

Detmongo
11-07-2022, 03:47 PM
So today I turned in my shield after 38 years in the biggest city it was a wild ride. I’m not happy with they way I had to leave but looking back over the last year it was time. I was trying to make it to 40 years but it was not ment to be, sooo 38 years will have to do.

deputyG23
11-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Hopefully it works out for the best in your case. Good luck in the next chapter in your life.
Still on the clock with 41 years in. No immediate plans to pull the pin. I have been blessed beyond measure.

Detmongo
11-07-2022, 04:23 PM
Hopefully it works out for the best in your case. Good luck in the next chapter in your life.
Still on the clock with 41 years in. No immediate plans to pull the pin. I have been blessed beyond measure.

Wow 41 years good on ya. Thank you Sir. I didn’t get in any trouble or anything I just refused to get the shot so I had to retire or be fired.

deputyG23
11-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Wow 41 years good on ya. Thank you Sir. I didn’t get in any trouble or anything I just refused to get the shot so I had to retire or be fired.

Lord, have mercy, that sucks hugely.
Best of luck to you!

jnc36rcpd
11-07-2022, 06:10 PM
I had hoped to make forty as well, but also was forced out at thirty-eight. Good luck in the future.

blues
11-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Congrats on putting in the time...and earning a well deserved retirement.

psalms144.1
11-07-2022, 08:04 PM
Congrats on your retirement!

WobblyPossum
11-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Congratulations on making it to retirement!

SecondsCount
11-07-2022, 08:48 PM

I can't say that I blame you. I've had two friends suffer strokes in the last year and had the shot. Nobody can figure out why it happened.

Chuck Whitlock
11-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Congratulations!

That is one heck of a run. I hope the next chapter is just as fun and/or rewarding.

Detmongo
11-07-2022, 10:12 PM
I can't say that I blame you. I've had two friends suffer strokes in the last year and had the shot. Nobody can figure out why it happened.

We have over 40 guys with heart problems shortly after getting the shot. I had given the city 38 years of my adult life and when I said no I ment it. Quite a few people were trying to get me to stay but it was time. I missed to much time with my kids. Now I’m going to try to make that up to them. Gentlemen thank you for all your support. Please be safe out there and reach out if you need anything.

V/R
Tony D

Joe45
11-08-2022, 06:31 AM
Congratulations! Sounds like a hell of a run.

TheNewbie
11-08-2022, 07:00 AM
I’m really sorry this happened to you, and I’m sorry that such a vile policy as forced vaccination was put in place. The citizens of your city lost the kind of cop(s) who would be the greatest defender of liberty against criminal tyranny. Whether from regular criminals, or government criminals.

Thank you for all you did, God bless, and good luck.

HeavyDuty
11-08-2022, 09:26 AM
Congrats!

MD7305
11-08-2022, 10:00 AM
Congratulations!

LockedBreech
11-08-2022, 03:50 PM
That is a long, long time doing brutally thankless work. So I will say thank you, and I wish you a relaxing and fun retirement!

Borderland
11-08-2022, 05:51 PM
Congratulations. That's a hell of a run.

I made it to 30 and I was lucky. I knew they wanted me out of there a few years before I retired. I finally realized that everyone would be happier, including me, if I let someone else have my highly coveted job. The guy I knew who was lined up to get it was a deserving individual and a friend. I used to ask him how much is my job worth to you? If you can can come up with a number I like and cash I can open some doors. Of course I was just kidding. He filled the position when I left.

MDFA
11-10-2022, 05:34 AM
Sorry about the circumstances Brother. Congrats and enjoy retirement, you've earned it.

titsonritz
11-11-2022, 02:21 PM

That is such bullshit. Sorry to hear it went down that way, but honestly, they don't deserve you. Enjoy life's next chapter.

MRW
11-13-2022, 07:27 PM
Congratulations on retirement!

KellyinAvon
11-13-2022, 09:24 PM
When it's time to retire, you'll know it (and you did!) Congrats on retirement.

Robert Mitchum
11-13-2022, 09:46 PM
Iron man 2,

Sawyer
11-17-2022, 12:56 AM
Did you see this? Might it impact you? https://nypost.com/2022/10/25/judge-tosses-nyc-vaccine-mandate-orders-workers-backpay/

Detmongo
11-17-2022, 10:25 AM
I did see that. I would take a financial loss on my pension if I go back. Thank you for looking out for me.

willie
11-17-2022, 01:53 PM
38 years. WOW. The City threw away a highly valuable man. It's their loss. I hope you feel good about your service. And thank you.

CWM11B
11-19-2022, 10:45 AM
Congratulations even though the circumstances sucked. Welcome to the has been club!

CJK
11-19-2022, 08:35 PM
Congratulations. 38 years has to be super human or something. I retired at 31 years and it was more than enough. Small town, bad politics.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Erick Gelhaus
11-21-2022, 09:40 PM
Congratulations! 29 was enough for me.

BobM
11-22-2022, 08:45 AM
Thirty two for me. I can’t imagine sticking it out much longer than that.

UncleGabby
11-22-2022, 09:00 AM
Congratulations! 38 years is a hell of a run!

Latka Gravas
12-18-2022, 06:02 PM
So today I turned in my shield after 38 years in the biggest city it was a wild ride. I’m not happy with they way I had to leave but looking back over the last year it was time. I was trying to make it to 40 years but it was not ment to be, sooo 38 years will have to do.

I did 27 1/2, over a 29 year period. I wasn't ready to retire, but my body sure was. I retired in 2017 and the medical community has been trying to to fix and put my body back together ever since I retired. I just had my 5th surgery since 2020......

We had front row seats to the best show in America!! We had to see and do things no person should ever have to see or do. We did it and became the one's our friends, families, departments and communities depended on. We learned to control our laughs and our cries. We retired with the appreciation and respect from those who's opinions really mattered.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy your retirement because you have earned it!!

CraigS
12-19-2022, 08:06 AM
Da-n these idiots. That shot doesn't prevent getting, transmitting covid, or dying from covid. All it does is make the symptoms less severe and even that is difficult to prove. And I just (10 min ago) read about a study that points to the jab causing various blood clotting problems in old folks. Ruining your career over this crap is despicable. I am sorry to see this and wish you all the best in your future.

Detmongo
12-19-2022, 09:47 AM
I did 27 1/2, over a 29 year period. I wasn't ready to retire, but my body sure was. I retired in 2017 and the medical community has been trying to to fix and put my body back together ever since I retired. I just had my 5th surgery since 2020......

We had front row seats to the best show in America!! We had to see and do things no person should ever have to see or do. We did it and became the one's our friends, families, departments and communities depended on. We learned to control our laughs and our cries. We retired with the appreciation and respect from those who's opinions really mattered.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy your retirement because you have earned it!!

I hope you are healing so you can enjoy your retirement pain free. You certainly earned it my friend.

Detmongo
12-19-2022, 09:49 AM
Da-n these idiots. That shot doesn't prevent getting, transmitting covid, or dying from covid. All it does is make the symptoms less severe and even that is difficult to prove. And I just (10 min ago) read about a study that points to the jab causing various blood clotting problems in old folks. Ruining your career over this crap is despicable. I am sorry to see this and wish you all the best in your future.

I knew it all along it wasn’t an actual vax. It just confirmed my suspension, hence why I didn’t take and elected to retire.

Latka Gravas
12-19-2022, 06:49 PM
I knew it all along it wasn’t an actual vax. It just confirmed my suspension, hence why I didn’t take and elected to retire.

When I retired, my stress level dropped. My wife commented one day that my face even showed less stress and that I actually looked younger. LOL!!!

I've also realized I enjoy more of what life ahs to offer than when I was working. I don't think the hyper awareness will ever go away (and frankly I am glad for this). But I realize my current position is to be the very best witness I can be, right up to the point where innocent people get seriously hurt.

I am fortunate enough to live on a pond. Recent health problems put a pause to my workout routine. So I started fishing the pond. It is a fantastic stress reliever-should have tried fishing years ago!! LOL!!!