PDA

View Full Version : M&P Thumb Safety-No definitive on and off

Oldstate
09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Just got a new 9c with a thumb safety. I noticed that you can push it very slightly down and disengage it while it still appears on. My 45's safety is very definite. Just like my 1911's but a little lighter.

SW wants me to send it in but I'm thinking there may be an easy fix. I'm pretty comfortable with minor smithing but haven't really studied the m&p safety.

Any experience and fix this?

bdcheung
09-26-2012, 08:09 PM
There are some DIY threads over at mp-forum.com that involve a small file and removing some material to make the safety engagement more positive.

I don't have access to a desktop right now and can't find the exact thread, but it should be pretty easy to find over there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oldstate
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
There are some DIY threads over at mp-forum.com that involve a small file and removing some material to make the safety engagement more positive.

I don't have access to a desktop right now and can't find the exact thread, but it should be pretty easy to find over there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think I found tht thread last week but all the pictures explaining everything were gone. I also heard there is a Hilton Yam article but I can't find that one.

YVK
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd love to do the same, but I've not found a visual tutorial too.