WobblyPossum
10-27-2022, 07:43 PM
Ordered one as well.

Oldherkpilot
10-27-2022, 08:03 PM
Me, too.

Oceanbob
10-28-2022, 08:07 AM
Ordered 3. 2 for my two 1301s and one for a buddy in Canada. Two is one and one is none.

dontshakepandas
10-28-2022, 09:58 AM
I ordered one too. I don't think it is really a need for me, but I was so impressed with how the charging handle issue was handled that I wanted to support Aridus any way I could. I do think its a really cool design though.

js475
10-28-2022, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know if the 4140 steel follower would cause any wear issues on my Benelli M4's titanium mag tube?

Cdub_NW
10-28-2022, 10:51 AM
Ordered.

Cdub_NW

and you didn't order me one!!?? HAHA :D

Cdub_NW
10-28-2022, 10:56 AM
I feel left out... ordered.

GyroF-16
10-28-2022, 11:43 AM
Ordered…

TCinVA
10-28-2022, 02:32 PM
Note that if you have a Nordic spring in your gun, it may require being trimmed to accommodate the Aridus follower. Once I did that I was able to fit 7 shells in the tube and the gun ran just fine in my Home Defense Shotgun class where it was used heavily as a loaner.

SeriousStudent
10-28-2022, 07:39 PM
I ordered one too. I don't think it is really a need for me, but I was so impressed with how the charging handle issue was handled that I wanted to support Aridus any way I could. I do think its a really cool design though.

Agreed, and for the same reason.

Clusterfrack
10-31-2022, 02:55 PM
Aridus SMRT follower installed. I had to cut 1 coil from a Nordic +2 spring fitted for the OEM follower.

titsonritz
10-31-2022, 03:32 PM
Note that if you have a Nordic spring in your gun, it may require being trimmed to accommodate the Aridus follower. Once I did that I was able to fit 7 shells in the tube and the gun ran just fine in my Home Defense Shotgun class where it was used heavily as a loaner.

Aridus SMRT follower installed. I had to cut 1 coil from a Nordic +2 spring fitted for the OEM follower.

Slight thread drift here...I'm curious if anyone is using the factory spring instead of the Nordic spring??

Paul Blackburn
10-31-2022, 04:46 PM
Slight thread drift here...I'm curious if anyone is using the factory spring instead of the Nordic spring??

I am.

With a +1 extension.

Oceanbob
10-31-2022, 08:54 PM
96457My 3 arrived today. Fast shipping. Yes, it’s easy to see the green and also you can use your finger to feel the face. It fits perfect and as Tony said, I made sure the factory spring bottoms out. It’s definitely an upgrade.

Oceanbob
10-31-2022, 08:56 PM
I am.

With a +1 extension.

I have several unopened Nordic Springs and I just use the factory spring on +2 extensions

WobblyPossum
10-31-2022, 09:26 PM
My 1301 doesn’t have an extension yet so I’m using the OEM spring in the 5 round tube. Initially I thought I might have to cut off a coil or two when I saw the end of the spring wouldn’t fit into the follower like it does with the OEM follower, but I reassembled the gun and had no issues getting 5 dummy shells in the tube and cycling them through a few times. I was also able to load 5 rounds of FFC into the tube. I’ll run the gun as is for now. If I have issues I might cut a coil off.

testudo
10-31-2022, 09:28 PM
I have a 5 shot 1301 with a KZ +2 extension, GG&G light mount, and I am using a stock 1301 spring.

The Aridus follower drops me from 7 to 6 shots.

Oceanbob
11-01-2022, 12:25 AM
I have a 5 shot 1301 with a KZ +2 extension, GG&G light mount, and I am using a stock 1301 spring.

The Aridus follower drops me from 7 to 6 shots.

The followers are almost identical depth and I could load 7 and 1/3RD rounds before and after I swapped to the Aridus I could load 7 and 1/3RD rounds. SAME SAME.

Make sure you follow Tony’s advice and make sure the spring goes In fully. Then turn the assembly upside down and lower down the tube.

philpac33
11-01-2022, 12:54 AM
I thought I needed one until I remembered that my LTT 1301 came with a Nordic Enhanced Follower which works well in the Nordic Tube Extension. I do still want the Aridus charging handle but I’ll be damned if that green follower isn’t the tits.

TCinVA
11-01-2022, 06:51 AM
my LTT 1301 came with a Nordic Enhanced Follower

Unfortunately that's the follower I've seen hang on the transition from the extension to the factory tube and on two occasions actually back out past the shell stop into the action of the gun.

You don't need the Aridus. It's a nice unit that's working great so far.

But it would probably be best if you installed your factory follower back into your gun.

TCinVA
11-01-2022, 06:53 AM

The factory spring works just fine in even a +2 extension.

WobblyPossum
11-01-2022, 08:31 AM
For everyone using the OEM spring, did the end of your spring fit inside the follower? If so, was it an easy fit or did you have to really work it in there?

testudo
11-01-2022, 09:10 AM
For everyone using the OEM spring, did the end of your spring fit inside the follower? If so, was it an easy fit or did you have to really work it in there?

I did not have much difficulty. I "wound" the spring a little to reduce the circumference and it fit.

WobblyPossum
11-01-2022, 09:27 AM
I did not have much difficulty. I "wound" the spring a little to reduce the circumference and it fit.

When I get home from work I’ll disassemble and try that. Without the spring being seated in the follower, I can feel that there is a little less room/give in the tube when it’s loaded with all five shells.

Paul Blackburn
11-01-2022, 11:03 AM
The follower fits the Nordic spring fine. The OEM spring is the one that need to be modified slightly. At least in my sample.

titsonritz
11-01-2022, 12:20 PM
The factory spring works just fine in even a +2 extension.

I am using the factory spring currently and wondered whether others were as well. Thanks guys.

philpac33
11-01-2022, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately that's the follower I've seen hang on the transition from the extension to the factory tube and on two occasions actually back out past the shell stop into the action of the gun.

You don't need the Aridus. It's a nice unit that's working great so far.

But it would probably be best if you installed your factory follower back into your gun.

This is good to know, thank you.

Oldherkpilot
11-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Got my new follower today! Installed it and removed the spring retainer in the process. Now I have a "high-capacity" shotgun and can be doubly certain when the tube is empty. Very pleased.

dontshakepandas
11-03-2022, 02:15 PM
For the factory 7 round guns, is there a consensus on if its better to leave the spring retaining cap in and trim the spring, or to remove the spring retaining cap and leave the spring along?

I can't get 7 rounds in with the retaining cap in place even with the stock follower, but not sure which option is better long term.

Pnut
11-03-2022, 06:23 PM
I’d just remove the retainer. The only purpose I see for it is to simplify assembly/disassembly, but as long as you’re aware that the spring is no longer “captured”.it’s not an issue. The added benefit of going this route is that it’s reversible… you could always reinstall the cap, you can’t add coils back to the spring.

dontshakepandas
11-04-2022, 03:21 PM
I’d just remove the retainer. The only purpose I see for it is to simplify assembly/disassembly, but as long as you’re aware that the spring is no longer “captured”.it’s not an issue. The added benefit of going this route is that it’s reversible… you could always reinstall the cap, you can’t add coils back to the spring.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought, although I wouldn't think getting a replacement spring would be too difficult either.

I wasn't sure if maybe there was a reliability advantage to having the retaining cap so the pressure wasn't being applied to the magazine tube cover, especially if you weren't using the factory clamp.

Oceanbob
11-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought, although I wouldn't think getting a replacement spring would be too difficult either.

I wasn't sure if maybe there was a reliability advantage to having the retaining cap so the pressure wasn't being applied to the magazine tube cover, especially if you weren't using the factory clamp.

Erik Stern recently mentioned that the spring pushing the cap eventually would start unscrewing the cap and fly out after probably hundreds of rounds. It takes 18 turns to unscrew but what I do is tighten it down and install a RANGER BAND (bought a bag for $9.95 from Amazon) they are very strong and heat resistant.
My tube holds 7 and 1/3RD. Rounds. So 7. It looks like this….

willie
11-04-2022, 05:55 PM
A crush washer would inhibit unscrewing of the tube and probably prevent this altogether.