PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's latest new stuff - pouches, MBUS3 sights, etc.

LittleLebowski
10-26-2022, 09:57 AM
PF will get a few cents if you buy any of this. The owner of PF plows such heady profits as this right back into buying gear like this.

Magpul PF affiliate link (https://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=ml&ti=1058845&pw=252061)

mtnbkr
10-26-2022, 10:36 AM
One day we'll get the Savage 10/110 stock they've been promising for 3 years. It's always "Coming $NEXTSEASON" or "Coming Soon".

Chris

HeavyDuty
10-26-2022, 11:05 AM
One day we'll get the Savage 10/110 stock they've been promising for 3 years. It's always "Coming $NEXTSEASON" or "Coming Soon".

Chris

They obviously feel the need to get the man buns and tshirts done first.

EricP
10-26-2022, 11:21 AM

Chris

Magpul poked some fun at their release schedule here:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-NnZDcW5g10?feature=share

Edit: Not sure why that won’t embed.

LHS
10-26-2022, 11:33 AM
I rather liked the first iteration of their flight gloves. I've used USGI flight gloves for shooting for years, and having some with touchscreen compatibility are pretty awesome. I do kind of miss the longer gauntlet cuff of the originals though, I got used to rolling them up over the years.

LittleLebowski
10-26-2022, 12:23 PM

Chris

It's because God hates Savage :D

LHS
10-26-2022, 12:29 PM

I waited literal years for them to make another run of Ruger American stocks. C'est la vie.

mtnbkr
10-26-2022, 01:12 PM

At the time Satan, I mean Savage, was the only company making bolt rifles with iron sights that a mere mortal could afford.

Chris

RevolverRob
10-26-2022, 01:13 PM
Anyone know how the finger length is on Magpul's gloves? Also, how are the seams? Flat lock or bulky like most gloves?

GyroF-16
10-26-2022, 05:56 PM
I have two pairs of the first generation Magpul flight gloves, and just received two pairs of the second generation.
I wear a 9 or 10 (depending on manufacturer) in Mil-issue Nomex gloves, and the Magpul XL fits me well.
I have large palms, and relatively short fingers, and the Magpul is also a good fit in that respect.
The Magpul gloves have fairly flat seams, and offer good dexterity for me. If an old-school Nomex glove is a “10” in dexterity, the Magpuls are a 9.5. RevolverRob

My disappointment with the first-gen was that the capacitive-touch fingertips didn’t work. At all. Comfortable gloves for driving (like traditional Nomex gloves), but no good with a touchscreen.
The second-gen gloves are much better in that respect- not perfect, as is sometimes takes a second touch to get the desired response, but much better. I’ll use one pair for work, and the other for general use in my winter jacket pocket.

BobM
10-26-2022, 08:52 PM
I waited literal years for them to make another run of Ruger American stocks. C'est la vie.

What is your opinion on the Magpul Ruger stock? I’ve been thinking about it, but imagine it would add more weight than I want

rob_s
10-27-2022, 05:39 AM
At the time Satan, I mean Savage, was the only company making bolt rifles with iron sights that a mere mortal could afford.

Chris

Who else is making them now?

I’m specifically looking for something where I don’t have to remove the sight to mount the optic (understanding that the sights won’t be useable with the optic mounted).

rob_s
10-27-2022, 05:41 AM
Maybe they say somewhere I can’t find but, same plane?
https://magpul.com/mbus-3-sight-rear.html

mtnbkr
10-27-2022, 05:53 AM
Who else is making them now?

I’m specifically looking for something where I don’t have to remove the sight to mount the optic (understanding that the sights won’t be useable with the optic mounted).

These days, I don't know. My point was at the time I was shopping, they were the only game in town if you wanted an affordable bolt rifle with iron sights (this is their Hog Hunter model, btw). CZ may (and possibly still do) have one in their dangerous game guns, but those were out of my budget and in larger calibers than I wanted.

The Savage was also threaded for suppressors and came with suppressor-height sights. As the rear sight is on the barrel, you don't have to remove it to mount an optic. I hated the rear sight and installed a receiver-mounted peep.

Funny thing is, while sights were a big deal when I bought the rifle, my eyes have degraded enough in the meantime that I've removed them and installed a scope. :rolleyes:

ETA: Just checked CZ's site and the only centerfire rifle with sights is the CZ600 Lux, which is hideous, not threaded, and more than twice the price I paid for my Savage.
Winchester has a few models, but not in 308win (another requirement) and none that are threaded.

Forgot...The Ruger Gunsite Scout was another option at the time, but I didn't like how it fit me. Price was a factor, but not an insurmountable one. Still, when I came across the Savage for under $350, it was hard to turn down...

Chris

LittleLebowski
10-27-2022, 09:18 AM
Maybe they say somewhere I can’t find but, same plane?
https://magpul.com/mbus-3-sight-rear.html

This should be enough for you to start measuring stuff and answer it for us :D

Center of aperture to top of rail: 1.41 in.

LittleLebowski
10-27-2022, 09:22 AM

I'm pretty sure that God used to hate Ruger, too :D

LHS
10-27-2022, 10:34 AM
What is your opinion on the Magpul Ruger stock? I’ve been thinking about it, but imagine it would add more weight than I want

I just put it on and haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but it's definitely heavier than the factory option. I do prefer the grip angle though, and the ability to shorten up the LOP.

HeavyDuty
10-27-2022, 11:06 AM

Look! New makeup bags! *swoon*

Thy.Will.Be.Done
10-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Look! New makeup bags! *swoon*

This caught my eye also, been looking for something to stow my G19X w/ TLR-7A setup. Been wanting something along those lines since the first DAKA pouches rolled off the line.

rob_s
10-27-2022, 01:36 PM
Forgot...The Ruger Gunsite Scout was another option at the time

that's the one taht (IIRC) has to remove the iron sight to mount the optic.

LittleLebowski
10-27-2022, 03:40 PM
New Magpul arm braces (https://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=ml&ti=1060237&pw=252061) dropped.

HeavyDuty
10-27-2022, 03:55 PM
New Magpul arm braces (https://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=ml&ti=1060237&pw=252061) dropped.

Interesting given the political and regulatory climate.

Rick R
10-27-2022, 04:24 PM
Interesting given the political and regulatory climate.

They probably sunk big money on molds that finally got delivered and are trying to get some profit before they mothball them.

I’m still surprised that they haven’t decided to make an SGA stock for the Beretta 1301 since a good percent of the other two models get bolted on using an adapter that isn’t cheap.