PDA

View Full Version : Smart Carry or Thunderwear?

vaspence
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
As these holsters have been mentioned recently in threads I'm wondering is there a preference between the two? Your reason why?

Shellback
03-25-2011, 10:42 AM
The Smartcarry won "hands down" in this 16 month comparison between the 2. http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/accessories/deep-concealment-face-off-smartcarry-vs-thunderwear/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhiheFmVO0&feature=player_embedded

SLG
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I have no experience with the smartcarry, having bought my thunderwear before the smartcarry came out. I very rarely use the thunderwear, but it has always done what I wanted over the years. No idea about the quality these days.

skyugo
04-18-2011, 11:59 PM
i carried a smartcarry with a G26 for about 8 months straight 8 hours a day. some wear, but still functional.

definitely excellent concealment and very good comfort. NOT the fastest option. now that i'm a part time member of the p7 cult, i don't think i'd want to carry it with a glock again. the p7 fits the small smart carry beautifully though.

Super J
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I bought a thunderwear system at a gunshow a few years ago. It is good for deep concealment for small to medium sized guns. Full size guns will print around the grip area if your pants front is not loose. Full size guns will also bottom out or press on the bottom of your pant's crotch if the crotch is too short. My biggest gripe is that I really have not been able to use the restroom facilities without it being a pain to deal with.

dookie1481
11-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I may have to go with a Smartcarry when I go back to school in January. Do you all feel comfortable carrying a striker-fired pistol in one? Does the material have the ability to bunch up and catch the trigger? I don't want to switch to the thumb safety M&Pc as it would require all new holsters (for when I'm not at school).

JeffJ
11-13-2011, 02:02 PM
I tried it with a g19 and it didn't work at all for me YMMV - Dale Fricke has "holster" that is just a trigger guard cover with a string on it so it will pop off when pulled far enough away from where you anchor the string - might set you mind at ease with the Glock

s0nspark
11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I have carried an M&P9c or a Glock 29/30 in my SmartCarry when I had no other option. I felt comfortable enough with the gun riding in the holster - the fabric is fairly thick and I wasn't able to pull the trigger through it (testing with an unloaded gun, of course LOL) - but I have not ever felt comfortable reholstering.