PDA

View Full Version : Unity Tactical Slide plate removal after 5+ years

ffhounddog
10-17-2022, 01:19 PM
I have had a t1 on my Unity GLock 19 for about 5-6 years and I went to remove the plate because I am going to go another route and I cannot get the plate off. I have removed the screw and to no aval it is stuck has this happened to anyone? I know my gun smith at VA arms when still open put it on because I had already over torqed a Aimpoint T1 on a Daniel Defense mount and I was a little hesitant to add a mount because that was still fresh in my mind.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can go about removing the plate and not damaging the Aimpoint T1?

Thanks

JonInWA
10-17-2022, 07:18 PM
I have had a t1 on my Unity GLock 19 for about 5-6 years and I went to remove the plate because I am going to go another route and I cannot get the plate off. I have removed the screw and to no aval it is stuck has this happened to anyone? I know my gun smith at VA arms when still open put it on because I had already over torqed a Aimpoint T1 on a Daniel Defense mount and I was a little hesitant to add a mount because that was still fresh in my mind.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can go about removing the plate and not damaging the Aimpoint T1?

Thanks

Gunsmith.

Best, Jon

Magsz
10-18-2022, 01:57 AM
Did you throw any penetrating oil at it?

I'd dunk the shit out of it and let it sit for a while then take a nylon punch to it to drift it out.

Jason M
10-18-2022, 02:10 AM
Kroil and time

HeavyDuty
10-18-2022, 06:23 AM
Is there any chance he bedded the plate with something?

richiecotite
10-18-2022, 09:42 PM
Robb is over at Elite Shooting Sports now; I’d run it over to him and get him to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ffhounddog
10-19-2022, 06:15 PM
I moved to Alabama after looking at it I see It was just on real tight. Had to get a third hand i.e a vice so I could knock it off.

Now to figure what is next for this Unity slide.

WobblyPossum
10-19-2022, 08:38 PM
On a similar train of thought, when I mounted my FCD RMR plate to my Glock MOS gun, I couldn’t get it into the cutout by hand. I actually had to lightly tap it in with one of those small gunsmith hammers. It’s so tight I wouldn’t be surprised if it stayed on even without the plate-to-slide screws. If the agency starts allowing some of the enclosed emitter optics like the ACRO or 509T and I decide to upgrade, how am I going to get this thing off?

Super77
10-21-2022, 07:46 AM
Might try freezing it.