PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a light to a Bennelli M4

Chewbacca10
10-16-2022, 09:06 PM
I'm looking to mount a light to a Benelli M4. It will most likely be a Surefire of one kind or another. I've been looking at the GG&G and Impact Weapons mounts. Has anyone had experience with these?

Snidely Whiplash
10-18-2022, 07:06 AM
I have an IWCS mount coupled with a Surefire M600DF on a Benelli M4. I’m happy with the setup. Rock solid and has given me zero issues. Strongly suggest you consider a tactician style tailcap (credit to @unobtainium) if you opt for a Surefire light; operating the light while firing the shotgun with the standard Surefire tailcap is brutal. https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=501

Pnut
10-18-2022, 03:03 PM
Speaking of tailcaps for the Scout Lights, I have an M300 Pro on my 1301 and HATED the factory tail cap. I’m has a raised ring around the pressure switch that tears up your thumb under fire and make activation difficult on my setup. I figure the raised section it there to avoid accidental light discharges and to protect the rubber switch from wear and tear?!?

My solution was to grind down and smooth off the portion of the raised area where my thumb would contact. It’s worked out so far, but I might try out this cap option.

Exiledviking
10-18-2022, 03:29 PM
I have an IWCS mount coupled with a Surefire M600DF on a Benelli M4. I’m happy with the setup. Rock solid and has given me zero issues. Strongly suggest you consider a tactician style tailcap (credit to @unobtainium) if you opt for a Surefire light; operating the light while firing the shotgun with the standard Surefire tailcap is brutal. https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=501I second this setup. I have the IWCS mount with a Surefire M600DF as well on my M4 and I've helped two friends with installing the IWCS light mount. Quality product.

CleverNickname
10-18-2022, 03:53 PM
I second this setup. I have the IWCS mount with a Surefire M600DF as well on my M4 and I've helped two friends with installing the IWCS light mount. Quality product.
Thirded, I also have this setup.

Chewbacca10
10-21-2022, 08:48 PM
My email notifications did not arrive in my inbox. I must have had them turned off.

Thanks for the replies. That is the way that I will go, then. Much appreciated.