PDA

View Full Version : Not Glock Perfection…..But Triple Glock Goodness

walker2713
10-08-2022, 08:55 AM
I have a history with Glocks going back to the mid-90’s….to a Gen2 G22….today I normally carry a 19 Gen4 or Gen5.

About 22 years ago, when our youngest daughter (now 53) moved to El Paso I gave her one of my Glocks….a Gen2 19C, which I’d shot very little at that point.

She decided to drive over from her home in Santa Fe, and I asked her to bring her Glock with her….wanted to check it out…see if it needed any TLC. She arrived yesterday and I’ve had a chance to renew my acquaintance with the pistol.

It’s in the same condition in which I gave it to her….still has the factory sights, the CorBon ammo I gave her is in it and appears very clean. I’ll do a detailed strip and clean later. I see the top of the slide black plate is buggered, so I’ll replace it. Otherwise, very nice. The trigger is a very crisp 5 1/2 lbs.

I haven’t told her yet but I plan to swap it back and send her home with the Sig P365 in .380 that her Mom has decided she doesn’t like.

George

Duelist
10-08-2022, 09:24 AM
Probably ask her if she wants to do that. At least, with a 53 yo daughter, I probably would.

MGW
10-08-2022, 09:47 AM
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a 19C.

walker2713
10-08-2022, 09:48 AM
Probably ask her if she wants to do that. At least, with a 53 yo daughter, I probably would.

And now at the age of 82, with 3 daughters ages 53, 55 and 60 I’m getting advice on how to be a Father……

🙄

spinmove_
10-08-2022, 09:59 AM
And now at the age of 82, with 3 daughters ages 53, 55 and 60 I’m getting advice on how to be a Father……

🙄

Because telling a 53 year old what they’re going to do regarding their own personal safety simply because you’re the parent is going to be effective? That stuff you do with a 7 year old because they don’t know any better and haven’t the capacity to effectively reason with logic yet. At 53 she’s damn near your level of curmudgeonness. The least you could do is treat her like the adult that she is and give her the option.

If I told my 20 year old what she was going to do as far as defending herself she’d either tell me she wasn’t going to do that or “OK, yeah sure”. Which means in either case she’s going to ignore me and do whatever she wants anywho, and justifiably so, because SHE’S AN ADULT. She’s capable of making her own decisions. At 53 I would hope she’d be capable of the same thing.

walker2713
10-08-2022, 10:13 AM
Jeeeeezzeee….you guys…..calm down and take a breath.

I was posting about Glock goodness and made an incidental comment about my plans for the gun.

You’re jumping to the conclusion that I’m some kind of despotic ogre who doesn’t knot sh*t about parenting and personal relationships.

You’re assuming and presuming a lot.

Get a life…..

walker2713
10-08-2022, 10:26 AM
If I want relationship advice I’ll call Ann Landers….this is the Pistol-Forum!

Did I forget to mention that she’s an attorney…..a plaintiff’s attorney….a litigator. 😳

NWshooter
10-08-2022, 10:30 AM

Did I forget to mention that she’s an attorney…..a plaintiff’s attorney….a litigator. 😳

I’m with you dad.

Once she hears your reasoning for the swap she is gonna be “thanks dad, love you”

She might even add “why can’t I have both, better concealment with the P365 so I’ll carry it more, and the Glock because I can count on it 100% at home”

Then you’ll know your work is done.

Actsda
10-08-2022, 11:49 AM

Thanks for sharing the gen 2 photos and info. My favorite Glocks and my first Glock. Really neat how the gun is in essentially mint condition. I gave a relative a gen2 19 around 1994 and he has kept it in a safety deposit box ever since, go figure! have often thought about trying to switch out another gun for him since he never even lays eyes on the damn thing. I hope you enjoy getting reacquainted with it!
As far as the "advice" you are getting, it was, I thought, pretty clear that your post was about a Glock gen2 19. Unless someone is asking for advice I am not sure why anyone would feel compelled to offer advice on something that is obviously tangential to your post and a personal matter.

Chuck Whitlock
10-08-2022, 01:50 PM
I would at least swap out the plastic OEM sights for something more robust.

walker2713
10-08-2022, 02:15 PM

Yep…I agree…..put 150 rounds through it at the range this morning and decided the same thing. The plastics gotta go!!

gato naranja
10-08-2022, 02:57 PM

I had a 19 for some years with the OEM plastic front, and it never gave me a problem. My eyes could use about any handgun front sight at that time, so I put off replacing it with a better sight... and it was still OEM until it wan't my worry anymore. That was a Gen 3, and despite the angst the Gen 3 G19 generated, it was a good pistol for me and I should have just squirreled it away as a TEOTWAWKI "dig it up/out and strap it on" gun.

Now, about this possible SIG swap-

As much as it pains me to say it, that P365 strikes me as a decent choice for EDC... including out in the West Texas town of El Paso. I sort of wish I could make them point naturally for me and also break my quarter-century "SIGs don't like my hand" curse.
(Seriously... SIG's R&D may as well have measured my hand while I was sleeping one off in the 1970's and then said, "Don't make a grip or controls to fit this guy.")

Chuck Whitlock
10-08-2022, 03:17 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, that P365 strikes me as a decent choice for EDC... including out in the West Texas town of El Paso. I sort of wish I could make them point naturally for me and also break my quarter-century "SIGs don't like my hand" curse.
(Seriously... SIG's R&D may as well have measured my hand while I was sleeping one off in the 1970's and then said, "Don't make a grip or controls to fit this guy.")

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/WCP365-Modules/products/1471/

Mark D
10-08-2022, 10:11 PM
Cool Gen 2 pistol. And in great condition!