PDA

View Full Version : New DA/SA Carry Gun LTT PX4 CC vs LTT P30sk

Amurr
10-01-2022, 07:47 PM
Looking to pick up a new DA/SA carry gun.

Thinking about two options:
1) LTT PX4 CC
2) LTT P30sk

Other info:
1. I carry AIWB
2. I don’t currently nor do I plan on using a red dot on my pistols
3. I like gussied up langdon guns. My LTT 92 centurion is my HD gun
4. I have pretty big hands and don’t like guns that don’t give me a full grip. Even a g19 is a little short for me unless I add an undercut. From playing around at the store I believe a P30sk with 13rnd mags would work we for me. I carried a p2000 for a while many years ago and really liked it. I don’t know that I have never held a PX4 CC

Anyone with feedback on the two?

Thanks
Amurr

Duelist
10-01-2022, 08:07 PM
I do not have experience with any LTT guns, but logic says that if your HD gun is the Beretta 92, then your carry gun being the PX4 would be more similar than your carry gun being the P30. Similar/identical operational controls makes sense to me, so that is what I would pick.

Which is why my carry guns are a G26 and a JFrame, and my HD guns are a G19X and Kframes: similar/identical operation.

WobblyPossum
10-01-2022, 10:04 PM
If your hands can’t comfortably fit on a G19 frame, I think you’ll find a PX4CC too short as well. It’s been years since I’ve owned one but I remember the frame being about G19 size or slightly smaller.

Hstanton1
10-01-2022, 10:20 PM
If it has to be DA/SA, I’d stick with the PX4. I’ve got large enough hands that I don’t really like the g19, even though though I can still shoot pretty well with it. The PX4 is a tad shorter but is light enough recoiling and shoots so well that it doesn’t really matter. The trigger on those can also be really, really good. HK’s TDA really just isn’t great. I think the P30 series shines in LEM if you’re willing to manage that trigger.

If you want a TDA gun that’s a bit larger than a G19, the CZ P07 is a great option. Still polymer framed too.

Navin Johnson
10-01-2022, 11:50 PM
As always find a range that rents what you’re looking for or find a person will loan you the product you’re looking at so you can test it

Better yet buy both (if it is important to you) And spend time testing them possibly using them in classes or competition.

One should also factor in the availability (and cost) of accessories and one’s willingness to learn the system.

GJM
10-02-2022, 12:07 AM
The Beretta has a better trigger and is more shootable. The HK is better (only a slight exaggeration) in every other way.

Noah
10-02-2022, 06:49 AM
I went through literally the exact same choice this Spring. I was biased by already being a Beretta fan, but I'd always been interested in the USP and P30 series as well. I ultimately went with the PX4CC because the trigger is way better, I hate doing reloads with an extended mag you have to get out of the way of to drop, and magazine prices.

Holster support (thanks JM) and red dot options (thanks LTT) are very similar. I know you aren't interested in a dot but worth noting.

I've spent a lot of time prior carrying a 92 or a Glock, and a PX4 is as close as it comes to a perfect gun to me- a 92 trigger in a very trim but neutral grip angle Glock. No large pokey controls or beavertail, lightweight. Soft shooting and reliable.

After I got the PX4CC I never carried the 92 and ended up swapping it for a PX4 full size.

JAH 3rd
10-02-2022, 01:15 PM
I bought a PX4 compact just over a year ago. I am a 92 fan. Very similar features, though takedown is different on the PX4.....as well as the rotating barrel. The only thing I did to the PX4 was to add a "D" mainspring to the pistol. I just got the factory Beretta spring simply because I didn't feel like investing money in multiple springs to see which lowest weight was reliable. That "D" spring made the most difference with the double action pull. An easier pull which aids in keeping the sights aligned on the target.

Personal preference, but I like a manual safety on a pistol. An oops moment can present itself at anytime, no matter what age or familiarity with one's weapon of choice is. That's just me.

The concealed carry model does offer nice upgrades to the PX4 compact. When I bought my PX4 compact, that was my purchase of this model. Now I half-way keep my eye on the prices of the compact carry model. Perhaps one day I will own a second PX4 Storm.

TicTacticalTimmy
10-02-2022, 02:01 PM
Given your size preference I think the PX4 is a no brainer. With the HK you will be using extended mags which make reloads much slower/pinchier, and you get 2 less rounds. The PX4 is more similar to a 92 in ergos, will probably have a much nicer trigger (assumption on my part, I have no idea what an LTT HK trigger would feel like), and should be more shootable because of the rotating barrel.

No.6
10-02-2022, 08:18 PM
> I have pretty big hands and don’t like guns that don’t give me a full grip. Even a g19 is a little short for me unless I add an undercut.

I love my Stormcat (obviously not its real name, but Tomcat, Bobcat, Cougar, Storm?) but have you given the idea of carrying the 92 any thought?

My hands fit G19 and PX4CC perfectly. If I were wider in the fingers I'd want a Centurion sized grip (or, as I've done with one of my PX4 mags, the aluminum mag extension (https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/px4-aluminum-magazine-extension/) which then makes it the same height as the Centurion.

Jared
10-02-2022, 10:00 PM

1) LTT PX4 CC
2) LTT P30sk

Other info:
1. I carry AIWB
2. I don’t currently nor do I plan on using a red dot on my pistols
3. I like gussied up langdon guns. My LTT 92 centurion is my HD gun
4. I have pretty big hands and don’t like guns that don’t give me a full grip. Even a g19 is a little short for me unless I add an undercut. From playing around at the store I believe a P30sk with 13rnd mags would work we for me. I carried a p2000 for a while many years ago and really liked it. I don’t know that I have never held a PX4 CC

Thanks
Amurr

I dont think you will like either based on what you said. Both have grips that are shorter that a G19 or equal to a G19. HK version of DA/SA is suboptimal compared to Beretta, and the PX4CC is gonna be close enough to a 92 for you to have some cross compatibility. I carried a PX4CC for years and honestly think the PX4 is way underrated but I also recently switched to a G26.5 with the 12 round mag because I wanted something that concealed better in summer. Lo and behold I shoot the 26.5 well enough that I’m thinking of just carrying it 100% of the time and being done.

Of the choices you gave, I’d do the PX4CC, but if you’re open to more I’d do a full sized P30 in LEM or a 92 Centurion, or a 92 full size, or even a full size PX4 Carry (if LTT still offers that) based on what you said about hands.

beenalongtime
10-02-2022, 10:05 PM

1) LTT PX4 CC
2) LTT P30sk

Thanks
Amurr

I agree on the thought that the PX4 and 92 have similar enough controls for me to lean that way. But you can compare them to what you like with a site like this:
www.handgunhero.com

pangloss
10-02-2022, 11:23 PM
Either pistol is fine. I have a non-LTT version of each and like them both. Beretta triggers are outstanding and tracking my sights is easier with the PX4. Subjectively, I like the P30 line more than the PX4. Anyway, I think it's a win-win choice. Buy whichever is cheapest.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

GlockenSpiel
10-03-2022, 03:47 PM
If you like the P2000, why not just get that? It would solve the problem of the P30SK grip being too small.

Amurr
10-03-2022, 08:19 PM
If you like the P2000, why not just get that? It would solve the problem of the P30SK grip being too small.

I would love that if made one with the LTT trigger job. Seems that’s only offered in some weird California version ?

dontshakepandas
10-03-2022, 08:33 PM
I would love that if made one with the LTT trigger job. Seems that’s only offered in some weird California version ?

I don’t think it’s a California specific version, but that the P2000 is on the California roster of approved handguns so it is legal to sell in California.

GlockenSpiel
10-03-2022, 08:55 PM
It seems worth a call to see if they'd do a non-Cali p2000 (wouldn't that just be standard cap mags?) or at least do trigger work on a gun you supplied.

Doc_Glock
10-04-2022, 02:48 PM
You can't go wrong with this decision, but I feel the P30sk is a better pistol, and I vastly prefer how HK implements the decocker on the back of the slide.

dontshakepandas
10-04-2022, 05:31 PM
I don’t think it’s a California specific version, but that the P2000 is on the California roster of approved handguns so it is legal to sell in California.

I can't edit this, but after looking at their site it looks like they are only accepting orders for the P2000 if you live in California. I imagine this is due to the process they have worked out where they ship you the gun, wait for you to take possession, then ship it back so they can perform the custom work, then send it back to you. They may have more flexibility if you call them, or they have an option to customize your own if you send it in.

Whiskey_Bravo
10-28-2023, 03:00 PM
One year necro bump. Back from the dead just in time for Halloween.

I'm curious of the collective thoughts on this topic give the recent resurgence of the PX4.

I'd also like to include HK LEM guns in the conversation. Does the fact that you can order either a Beretta or an HK from Langdon Tactical with upgrades and customization sway your decision making process at all?

I have a lot of experience with striker guns and a good amount of experience with LEM guns. I have always wanted to dabble in the world of TDA but have never made the plunge. I am currently weighing a PX4CC vs. P30SK LEM as a dedicated appendix gun. I shoot strictly Glocks and revolvers currently.

MolonLabe416
10-28-2023, 03:11 PM
I have an LTT Centurion and I had an LTT PX4. The PX4 didn’t work for me.

I’ve settled on the P30SK LEM. I intend to send it to LTT for the secret sauce.

I bought the Centurion from LTT and I recommend doing that rather than buying the pistol and sending it in. I’m only doing it this way because I got a very deal on the pistol.