PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of a Beretta M9

HeavyDuty
10-01-2022, 03:09 PM
I’ve always liked the 92 series guns I’ve shot, but I’ve never owned one. It would be strictly a recreational pistol, I don’t see myself ever carrying one. Today at the gun show I handled one for the first time in a few years and remembered why I liked them.

Is there any downside to an M9 over any other 92 variant? What about advantages between the various M9s - M9, M9A1, M9A3?

My initial thinking is the M9A1 would be my sweet spot due to the front and backstrap checkering and traditional gripframe shape.

Do I need this? No. Would I enjoy it? I’m thinking yes.

Hstanton1
10-01-2022, 03:16 PM
If it’s just for fun get whatever you want, but I think the new 92x line has some legit upgrades over a stock 92. Namely, it comes with a vertec slide and nice removable sights, comes standard as G model, comes standard with the D hammer spring, and IMO has better grip texture than a standard 92. Since it’s a vertec gun, it’s got a flat mainspring housing but the wraparound grips that come with it mimic the hump pretty well.

The M9A1 is a great gun though, and so is the standard 92 for that matter.

WobblyPossum
10-01-2022, 03:19 PM
I would only buy the M9 if you have some kind of sentimental attachment to it from military service. Pretty much every other 92 variant is better. The M9 lacks the radius under the beaver tail and the military versions are stuck with the gen1 locking blocks. I don’t know how accurately the commercial variants clone the military models with regards to the locking block but the current gen3 locking block that comes in every other 92 available is orders of magnitude more durable. If you just want a traditional looking 92, I’d get a 92FS instead. You’d get the radius under the beaver tail (may or may not be important depending on your hand size) and the updated locking block. The M9A1has both of these features as well as checkering and a light rail if that’s important to you. The M9A3 has all of the above plus a removable front sight and uses the Vertec frame. The LTT Elite 92s are probably the best guns Beretta ever made but that’s a lot of coin unless you’re a 92 enthusiast. If you just want one to have in the collection, I vote either a regular 92FS or M9A1 if you want the traditional frame, or the 92X if you want the Vertec frame.

45dotACP
10-01-2022, 03:22 PM
Oh man as a fun gun I would strongly suggest a 92x or (if you wanna drop the coin) a 92x performance.

Otherwise, a 92X is great for all reasons listed above. I am quite happy with my 92x compact.

If there's an LTT92 to be had, I'd just immediately jump on that. Those guns are just dope.

Outside of a 1911, my LTT 92G is one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

JSGlock34
10-01-2022, 03:46 PM
Agree with the others - unless you have a nostalgic tie to the M9 from military service, I'd recommend one of the newer variants. They will have better sights (the 92X and M9A3 incorporate a front sight dovetail), likely will have a better out of the box trigger (they'll come with D springs from the factory, though that's a cheap and easy user upgrade), and an accessory rail (if that matters to you).

The LTT92 is a terrific pistol, with some nice comfort enhancements to the frame (noticeable in a high round count class), and the opportunity to purchase with an LTT trigger job included.

TheNewbie
10-01-2022, 04:02 PM
What is holster fit like 92FS vs M9A1/92x with rail (no light attached)?

Also, I’ve read mixed reviews about the ALS with the 92 series.

Prepper_Pig
10-01-2022, 04:52 PM
I’m a huge Beretta fan but unless there’s some nostalgia associated with an m9 for you, I’d suggest something a little newer like an M9a3 or at least something with a front sight you can change. Whatever you buy, id look for an Italian-made example or at least an older USA made Beretta. Steer clear of anything made in Tennessee unless you can lay eyes and hands on it first.

spinmove_
10-01-2022, 04:57 PM
Unless you REALLY want an M9 specifically, your real choices should boil down to two options.

1.) If it’s just for fun and you don’t want to spend a lot of coin, just get a 92FS.

2.) Your only other real option should be the Elite LTT UNLESS you either A) want something with a Brigadier slide or B) are serious about competing with it and you want a Brigadier slide.

If yes to Brig, but no on competing, get a Brig Tac from Wilson. If yes to Brig and competing, 92X Performance. I’ve never shot any Brig slide 92s so I don’t know what that’s like.

All other 92X variants as well as M9A3s have been discontinued.

Olim9
10-01-2022, 05:08 PM
I find the Brig slides to be needlessly heavy for defensive use. It may have some advantages for higher levels of shooting but quite honestly I would prefer a standard 92 slide. The couple times I had to shoot a 92FS for work, much prefer the lighter slide when it came to presentations and it tracked just fine.

HCM
10-01-2022, 05:29 PM
I find the Brig slides to be needlessly heavy for defensive use. It may have some advantages for higher levels of shooting but quite honestly I would prefer a standard 92 slide. The couple times I had to shoot a 92FS for work, much prefer the lighter slide when it came to presentations and it tracked just fine.

The brigadier slide was Beretta’s attempt to add weight / mass to the 92/96 series to adapt it to .40 cal.

In my experience, it was unsuccessful in making the guns more durable and 40 and in 9mm I prefer to go the other way with the lighter Vertec slide.

ECK
10-01-2022, 06:01 PM
What kind of safety does the M9 have? Personally on a DA/SA gun I would opt for a decocker (G-model) for just one less thing to worry about. I finally got Beretta-curious (thanks Martin Riggs and John Maclaine…) but opted for the LTT 92 Elite. RDO bc my eyes are old.

LHS
10-01-2022, 06:03 PM
Do you want something to remind you of a service weapon? Get an M9, maybe drop a D spring in it for a nicer trigger.

Do you want something more refined that's nicer to shoot? Get an LTT or Wilson variant (I'm really partial to the Centurion versions of each) with their respective trigger/action work.

GyroF-16
10-01-2022, 06:08 PM
I would only buy the M9 if you have some kind of sentimental attachment to it from military service. Pretty much every other 92 variant is better. The M9 lacks the radius under the beaver tail and the military versions are stuck with the gen1 locking blocks. I don’t know how accurately the commercial variants clone the military models with regards to the locking block but the current gen3 locking block that comes in every other 92 available is orders of magnitude more durable. If you just want a traditional looking 92, I’d get a 92FS instead. You’d get the radius under the beaver tail (may or may not be important depending on your hand size) and the updated locking block. The M9A1has both of these features as well as checkering and a light rail if that’s important to you. The M9A3 has all of the above plus a removable front sight and uses the Vertec frame. The LTT Elite 92s are probably the best guns Beretta ever made but that’s a lot of coin unless you’re a 92 enthusiast. If you just want one to have in the collection, I vote either a regular 92FS or M9A1 if you want the traditional frame, or the 92X if you want the Vertec frame.

I concur with the above…
I’m a traditionalist in that I prefer the “non-X” frame, but absolutely see the value in the Vertec slide for it’s replaceable front sight (if you can foresee the utility of night sights in the future). So M9A1 would be my first choice, even though I have no use for a rail.
Beware, though- B92s are seductive. I have several, and carry and compete with them. Hard to find something superior, unless you need really small.

Jared
10-01-2022, 07:07 PM
All other 92X variants as well as M9A3s have been discontinued.

As far as I know the OG 92Xs and the M9A3 were replaced with 92X RDO models and the M9A4 respectively, with the only real change being that both revisions add Berettas red dot capability (which is not the same as the LTT solution, and is not compatible in any way with the LTT solution).

I picked up a 92X RDO Centurion G that I may take up carrying, as well as an M9A4 Centurion that will probably be its training counterpart.

awp_101
10-01-2022, 07:08 PM
If it’s just for fun get whatever you want, but I think the new 92x line has some legit upgrades over a stock 92. Namely, it comes with a vertec slide and nice removable sights, comes standard as G model, comes standard with the D hammer spring, and IMO has better grip texture than a standard 92. Since it’s a vertec gun, it’s got a flat mainspring housing but the wraparound grips that come with it mimic the hump pretty well.

Quoted just so I can pile onto the 92X bandwagon.

Jared
10-01-2022, 07:12 PM
I’ve always liked the 92 series guns I’ve shot, but I’ve never owned one. It would be strictly a recreational pistol, I don’t see myself ever carrying one. Today at the gun show I handled one for the first time in a few years and remembered why I liked them.

Is there any downside to an M9 over any other 92 variant? What about advantages between the various M9s - M9, M9A1, M9A3?

My initial thinking is the M9A1 would be my sweet spot due to the front and backstrap checkering and traditional gripframe shape.

Do I need this? No. Would I enjoy it? I’m thinking yes.

I’ve done a lot of shooting with a lightly modified 92FS and really, the M9 model is so close that I barely notice when I shoot one vs a 92FS. I say get one and have fun. You can make the sight picture a little better with a Wilson rear and some orange nail polish on the front.

LTT has some good grip options. A D spring is like $5 or so and a 3 minute install. If you gotta have a G model, you can do that too if you watch a couple videos and have a little mechanical aptitude.

Like others have said, if you want the best, that probably means LTT.

spinmove_
10-01-2022, 08:31 PM
What kind of safety does the M9 have? Personally on a DA/SA gun I would opt for a decocker (G-model) for just one less thing to worry about. I finally got Beretta-curious (thanks Martin Riggs and John Maclaine…) but opted for the LTT 92 Elite. RDO bc my eyes are old.

The M9 has the standard safety/decocker. You can do a G conversion with the Beretta kit. Available on Beretta’s site as well as LTT.

spinmove_
10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
As far as I know the OG 92Xs and the M9A3 were replaced with 92X RDO models and the M9A4 respectively, with the only real change being that both revisions add Berettas red dot capability (which is not the same as the LTT solution, and is not compatible in any way with the LTT solution).

Yup, forgot about those. Thank you for the correction. I sort of get why they did their dot mount the way they did, but why not license out the design and parts from LTT and just have one style dot mount? Maybe Beretta wouldn’t play ball and decided to half-ass their own solution.

Cory
10-01-2022, 08:38 PM
The Langdon M9 has a lot of the base M9 DNA to remind me of my service weapon, and enough of the modern stuff to make sense to me.

Slim grips, G decock only, red front sight dot, enlarged magazine release, steel parts and what not.

I think they're discontinued. They're great guns. I carry one.

Duelist
10-01-2022, 08:49 PM
Couldn’t possibly talk you out of it. M9s are great guns. My beretta is a 92A1, and is one of my favorite guns ever.

WobblyPossum
10-01-2022, 08:49 PM
I didn’t know the M9A3 and the 92X line were discontinued in place of the RDO compatible models. That is a little disappointing. I know a lot of enthusiasts prefer the LTT red dot system to the OEM Beretta one and now they don’t have the option for those guns.

HeavyDuty
10-01-2022, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all of the input! As I mentioned, this would be a range toy and the M9A1 is the model that appeals the most. I have no service history with them. I’m not worried about RDS, either.

WobblyPossum
10-01-2022, 10:07 PM
You’ll be well served by the M9A1 then. As a bonus, it comes with the sand resistant magazines the Marine Corps asked for. They’re some of the best 92 mags available.

jeep45238
10-01-2022, 10:16 PM
Nah, not gonna talk you out of it. It's a solid choice, and it's a hobby gun. Be happy.

OlongJohnson
10-01-2022, 10:20 PM
Hold out for a 92D and join the 18-round K frame club. They are sleeker, too. The sight picture doesn't look like it's wearing a beer hat, which the ambi 92 DA/SA guns do to me.

TheNewbie
10-01-2022, 11:32 PM
If you do not plan to use an RDO, is there any disadvantage to having the RDO 92x?

I am looking it up, but the holster fit is not totally clear to me. Does a 92FS and 92x share Safariland ALS holsters or holsters in general?

HD, I think you should get a 92FS and a Ted Blocker swivel holster, go 1990s LAPD.

Jared
10-02-2022, 07:04 AM
If you do not plan to use an RDO, is there any disadvantage to having the RDO 92x?

In my experience, no disadvantage.

The only disadvantage at all is if it has the Beretta RDS setup there is no way to get the Langdon setup (which is likely superior) without buying a different slide.

CSW
10-02-2022, 07:35 AM
Ken;

Was bit by the Beretta bud winter of '21.
Started when I was looking for a hi-power [of all things] and fondled the full size 92x in a shop.
While the Vertec grip isn't for all Beretta fans, I'm going to think you'll like it as I did, because of your 1911 experience. The grip angle is very similar.
The 92x series come with good triggers, and D springs. Decock models are available. Great capacity in the mags, and mags are readily available.

...Then there's the RDO;
That sits so high above the bore with the Beretta plate that it'll give the gun nosebleeds.:p But works, and is in fact a solid, yet heavy high mount.

The first one I bought was the full size X, RDO. Solid platform and very accurate.

The second X I purchased was a Centurion 92X, NON RDO, that is the Best Beretta I have ever handled. Great balance, big, but can certainly be carried.
Same trigger and springs as the full size, just 3/4" shorter.

I liked this gun so much, it was my LTT candidate, which was a bit of a rabbit hole, but surely worth it.

The Burris is mounted on the full size, using the Beretta plate, so you can judge the height.

The pistol with the gray grips is the LTT candidate 92X Centurion.
You can see the LTT optic setup is much lower. Tony made me the holster for carry.

Perhaps try to find an X, NON RDO, with the G decocker .

CraigS
10-02-2022, 07:37 AM
If you find an EliteLTT grab it quickly, LTT starts w/ an M9A1 frame and goes from there.
I really like the M9A1 for the great grip checkering and mag funnel. It is what I have been shooting in idpa for the last 4-5 years. The only downside is the non replaceable front sight. But that can be fixed by drilling and fileing and installing fiber optic.
Keep in mind that any fs action 92 can be converted to G for $55. Another thought is the or M9A3 or M9A4. I don't care for the Vertec grip but Beretta has a G10 wrap around grip that converts it to a traditional shape.
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/beretta-92x-full-size-m9a3-vertec-wraparound-g10-grips/
they are also available in rubber, which I don't care for, and in plastic but I haven't tried them.
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/grips/beretta-m9a3-black-rubber-grips-wrap-around/
I point out these grips because the M9A3 and M9A4 have a lot of great features and can be made to feel like an M9A1. This is the black G10 on my tan M9A3.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95117
This shows the difference between vertec and traditional grip shape.
A word of caution. Beretta makes all their pistols in batches. They have a large lineup but on any given day you can't always find maybe 1/2 of them. SO as you research and check local stores don't be afraid to get your card out NOW. The pistol may not be there if you think about it for 2-3 days and go back.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 07:46 AM
Looking at the variants is making my head hurt.

Some pics I’m finding of the M9A1 look like it has a dovetailed front, others don’t. And Beretta’s own website sucks when it comes to detail photos.

The ability to convert the Vertex gripframe to a more traditional shape using grips is appealing. That’s something I wasn’t aware could be done.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 08:03 AM
I’m starting to get sucked down the bunny hole. The Langdon variants are looking really good…

TheNewbie
10-02-2022, 08:03 AM

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/guide-beretta-92/

Lucky Gunner has a chart there about some of the different variants. It can be overwhelming, especially for someone who likes simple and straightforward.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 08:17 AM
Can someone please tell me how I’ve gone from looking at $600 guns to seriously considering spending $1300?

awp_101
10-02-2022, 08:27 AM
Can someone please tell me how I’ve gone from looking at $600 guns to seriously considering spending $1300?

First time at pistol-forum?

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 08:37 AM
The problem is after a few decades of service grade pistols I’ve started to hear the siren call of really nice guns. The DW ECPs ruined me.

A LTT 92G would run right out of the box and likely would blow a factory 92 out of the water.

I need a drink.

Jared
10-02-2022, 08:41 AM

You seriously do not have to do that, and that is coming from someone that is a Beretta fanboy and has owned and shot a LOT of 92s, competed with them, done work on them, etc.

I’ll give my honest to god recommendation:

Get a 92X. It has dovetail sights. The M9A1 does not. See if you like the Vertec frame. If not, spring for the G10 conversion grips. Get a G model when you buy. If you want to replace sights, buy Vertec sights (the dovetails are different on the Brigadier slides). If you can find one from before the RDO changeover, that will give you the option of having LTT do their slide work.

The only other way I recommend going is LTT models, but that’s a good amount of coin for a platform you’re not sure you’re gonna like.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 08:45 AM
You seriously do not have to do that, and that is coming from someone that is a Beretta fanboy and has owned and shot a LOT of 92s, competed with them, done work on them, etc.

I’ll give my honest to god recommendation:

Get a 92X. It has dovetail sights. The M9A1 does not. See if you like the Vertec frame. If not, spring for the G10 conversion grips. Get a G model when you buy. If you want to replace sights, buy Vertec sights (the dovetails are different on the Brigadier slides). If you can find one from before the RDO changeover, that will give you the option of having LTT do their slide work.

The only other way I recommend going is LTT models, but that’s a good amount of coin for a platform you’re not sure you’re gonna like.

Good advice - a LTT model would be the high zoot route I would take.

rayrevolver
10-02-2022, 09:46 AM
I ended up down this path: 92X Centurion. Installed the D kit and LTT TJIB. Have 12, 13, 14 lb hammer springs. The 12 lb makes the trigger amazing and I had no issues with primers. BUT I installed the 13 lb for HD duty and the trigger is still very nice. I am sure compared to an M9 the TJIB is night and day better.

The above setup was in the $800 range, buying the pistol/TJIB from individuals. I thought I would like the Vertec grip, but installed the full size grips that came with the pistol.

EDIT: There is a FS 92X RDO on ODT for $550, posted yesterday.

JonInWA
10-02-2022, 10:04 AM
You can certainly go, and obtain tangible benefits from going "full meal deal" with Beretta/LTT's offerings, but frankly, I think an excellent entry would be a basic M9/92FS, 92D, 92G or M9A1, add in a LTT Trigger Job In A Bag, and, if desired, an upgraded set of sights (and any of the Beretta OEM sights are frankly quite acceptable). Replacing grips with thinner ones (such as LTT/Wilson/VZ G10s-all of which are actually made by VZ) also provides some significant improvements in handling.

I'm pretty sure all current 92s come with a Gen 3 locking block, so that should be a non-concern.

Get a decent holster, ammunition, magazines and training/practice/competition time, and you'll not only get some decent skills with the gun, but also empirically/incrementally learn what upgrades you specifically need for you and the gun.

Best, Jon

Chuck Whitlock
10-02-2022, 10:18 AM
The problem is after a few decades of service grade pistols I’ve started to hear the siren call of really nice guns. The DW ECPs ruined me.

A LTT 92G would run right out of the box and likely would blow a factory 92 out of the water.

I need a drink.

Here, have some more Kool-Aid.

There you go. Here, have another.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 10:19 AM
My analyst hat is cooking away.

One of the bigger advantages I’m seeing to a LTT is the radiused trigger guard, which from what I can tell is exclusive to these guns. I do remember my action finger being a little irritated by a friend’s 92 after a few magazines.

When I look at the cost of tweaking a “normal” 92 variant to add some of the desirable bolt-on options the LTT includes, the price difference starts shrinking. Plus there’s the tangible and intangible advantages to one of his ready to run pistols. Lastly, if I (or my widow, realistically) ever needed to sell it off, an unmodified LTT would probably have a higher value than a bag of parts pistol.

ECK
10-02-2022, 10:22 AM

The struggle is real…

WobblyPossum
10-02-2022, 10:35 AM
If you’re now looking at LTT guns, you’ve got a couple of price options. The LTT guns aren’t exclusively sold by Langdon Tactical. They’re a regular catalogue item. What you get from LTT is the customization like trigger jobs, RDO milling, NP3, and full dehorning and refinishing. If you just want a base level gun without a trigger job or any of the other options, you can find them at several other vendors for about $850. I’m a huge fan of the LTT configuration for a couple of reasons: Vertec slide with dovetailed front sight and a decent iron sight setup from the get-go, front cocking serrations, the radiused trigger guard and beaver tail are game changers for comfort while shooting, all steel small parts, and the two-tone look is great. You can always add the trigger job in a bag later and it’s 95% as good as a trigger job on your specific gun.

JSGlock34
10-02-2022, 10:38 AM
One of the bigger advantages I’m seeing to a LTT is the radiused trigger guard, which from what I can tell is exclusive to these guns. I do remember my action finger being a little irritated by a friend’s 92 after a few magazines.

For what it's worth, I found I was sensitive to this area, and found the LTT gun an improvement over stock.

Also, if you qualify, Langdon Tactical is on ExpertVoice. 10% discount on firearms...

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 10:39 AM
If you’re now looking at LTT guns, you’ve got a couple of price options. The LTT guns aren’t exclusively sold by Langdon Tactical. They’re a regular catalogue item. What you get from LTT is the customization like trigger jobs, RDO milling, NP3, and full dehorning and refinishing. If you just want a base level gun without a trigger job or any of the other options, you can find them at several other vendors for about $850. I’m a huge fan of the LTT configuration for a couple of reasons: Vertec slide with dovetailed front sight and a decent iron sight setup from the get-go, front cocking serrations, the radiused trigger guard and beaver tail are game changers for comfort while shooting, all steel small parts, and the two-tone look is great. You can always add the trigger job in a bag later and it’s 95% as good as a trigger job on your specific gun.

So, the LTT SKUs I see listed on the Beretta site are the same guns as LTT sells directly trigger guard contour and all, just without the trigger work? I saw the trigger job in a bag he offers.

LOKNLOD
10-02-2022, 10:52 AM
So, the LTT SKUs I see listed on the Beretta site are the same guns as LTT sells directly trigger guard contour and all, just without the trigger work? I saw the trigger job in a bag he offers.

I have a full-size LTT with his trigger job done by him.
I had a compact LTT with his trigger job in a bag, installed by me.

The trigger job in a bag was really good. The trigger done by LTT is amazingly good.

Unless you can get a SIGNFICANT discount by combining a bare gun sourced elsewhere and installing the TJIAB, I think going all in with a LTT unit is the way to go. ETA: Or if you just really prefer one of the other configs that has the Vertex grip.

If I were starting my Beretta journey today, I'd get a LTT 92 Centurion with their trigger job.

CSW
10-02-2022, 11:03 AM

Some pics I’m finding of the M9A1 look like it has a dovetailed front, others don’t. And Beretta’s own website sucks when it comes to detail photos.

The ability to convert the Vertex gripframe to a more traditional shape using grips is appealing. That’s something I wasn’t aware could be done.

I’m starting to get sucked down the bunny hole. The Langdon variants are looking really good…

All told, with the purchase of the gun, the trip to Langdon, the grips and the RMR04, the Centurion was around 1400, BUT, worth every penny.
Call it my I-talian Staccato. 😅

Also ;
The 92X series comes with the Vertec panels And the conversion grip to make it a traditional 92 grip.

CraigS
10-02-2022, 11:13 AM
I have seen a couple of posts over the last year or so about M9A1 w/ replaceable front sight. I have not seen one personally. I think there are probably times when Beretta is planning production runs and it makes sense to make 1000 slides w/ replaceable sights. Their other choice is 500 with and 500 without. So once in a while a batch of pistols gets produced that are slightly different.

JRB
10-02-2022, 11:37 AM
The best value for a 'one and done' 92 IMHO is a 92A1 (Not the M9A1)

Classic full size 92 awesomeness but includes:
-Radiused trigger guard
-Dovetailed front sight
-Pic rail
-Most (if not all) are made in Italy, not the US (avoiding any QC/QA concerns about the move to TN)
-Works in M9A1 holsters

Basically just get the sights swapped to what you want, then do a Langdon trigger job in a bag and/or a G decocker conversion if the heart desires, buy a ton of magazines and a holster and get to work!

Otherwise, if you want the Vertec grip go 92X-G. I thought I'd love the Vertec grip after handling one but shooting it is weird to me, probably because of all my time on issued M9's.

Also, the commercial version of the M9 is basically an M9 in external features only, and has all the updated locking block etc sorts of internals and parts shared with the other commercial 92's.
The TDP-bound GI guns were a totally different bastard in that regard.

I wish I'd gotten a Langdonized M9 when they were available.

HCM
10-02-2022, 12:03 PM
Re: LTT 92s

As someone who went through two “from Beretta” LTT 92, and now has a “real” LTT RDO gun I would suggest buy “real” LTT 92s when ever possible.

The factory guns had ok triggers but nothing comparable to a real LTT trigger. The factory guns had multiple sharp edges including around the trigger guard and tang. The first factory gun had lateral POI /POA issues which were the result of the dovetail front sight not being centered. This would be an easy fix except the LTT factory front sights are staked in place. My dealer swapped out the first gun for #2 which only shot to POI with 147 grain ammo.

TLDR since Beretta’s move to TN my experiences with their guns have been much more inconsistent than with prior Beretta products. As such buying a gun that has been “screened” by LTT is worth the premium IMHO.

OlongJohnson
10-02-2022, 12:45 PM
TLDR since Beretta’s move to TN my experiences with their guns have been much more inconsistent than with prior Beretta products. As such buying a gun that has been “screened” by LTT is worth the premium IMHO.

I would concur with this. I started the thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?44855-Beretta-92D-w-92X-Grip)on the 92DX. Was super excited. Got mine, sent it back for reasons discussed in the thread. (Crappy machining.)

Buying a "real" LTT gun seems like it should be kinda like buying your S&W from Frank Glenn.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 01:42 PM
I think I’m sold on the idea of the LTT, procured directly from them. Thanks, enablers!

Hambo
10-02-2022, 01:50 PM
I think I’m sold on the idea of the LTT, procured directly from them. Thanks, enablers!

Congratulations! You just went full Beretta retard! :cool: You're going to love that one!

45dotACP
10-02-2022, 01:51 PM
I think I’m sold on the idea of the LTT, procured directly from them. Thanks, enablers!Looks like our work here is done boys :)

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 02:21 PM
I couldn’t find a single bad word on these. The LTT seems like it’s the ultimate development of the 92.

OlongJohnson
10-02-2022, 02:23 PM

It's cheaper than a C8!

JAH 3rd
10-02-2022, 02:30 PM
Now I want a 92A1 to go with my M9 commercial. Thanks y'all.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 02:33 PM
We’re all just doing our part to kickstart the world economy.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 02:34 PM
It's cheaper than a C8!

Some of the reliability and quality issues I’ve been reading have me a little scared of a C8.

CSW
10-02-2022, 05:12 PM

Get a Centurion.

HeavyDuty
10-02-2022, 05:27 PM
Get a Centurion.

Not sure - I like the idea of a full size.

LockedBreech
10-02-2022, 05:35 PM
I'm 7 pages late to the fun but I'd recommend a 92X RDO or a Langdon LTT as the most proven, futureproofed, improved 92-variants on the market. I say that having owned or currently owning the 92S, 92FS, 92FS Compact, 92A1, and 96A1.

None of them are bad choices though. The M9 is great and I trust my basic plain jane 92FS more than almost anything I own.

As has been mentioned by a few others, I too have a strong preference for Italian-made Berettas or Berettas that have been worked over by Wilson or Langdon. Did not used to be the case but the Gallatin, TN facility has yet to earn the reputation of the Accokeek, MD facility. I imagine it will over time but if I was buying today I'd only choose Italian or Wilson/Langdon.

OlongJohnson
10-02-2022, 09:21 PM

Centurion has the same barrel length as almost every other FS service pistol. Full size has the barrel length of a 1911.

Jared
10-02-2022, 09:51 PM

I mostly prefer the full size and always have. IIRC, when Wilson dropped the Centurion Tactical I got number 56 or 86. Anyway, I had a very early serial number and I was…..

Disappointed. For whatever reason, I’m could never bond with it. I actually preferred my old 92FS that I’d lightly modified to the CenTac. Eventually I sold it on consignment at a LGS for a small loss. Ultimately, at the time, I just didn’t like the shorter slide I think. Nowadays I like Centurions just fine, and if I was going to go buy another 92 right now I’d do a LTT Centurion…..

It only because I have 3 LTT full size models. For the first 92, I really vote you go full size.

CSW
10-03-2022, 04:31 AM
Slide lengths.
Barrel difference is about 3/4".

On my Centurion, I had them flush cut the barrel and re-crown.

HeavyDuty
10-03-2022, 06:27 AM
I’ve handled but not shot a few Centurions over the years. I don’t expect this meander will turn into more than one 92 series pistol, but…

One of the main reasons I want to pursue this is a range 9mm, the closest thing I have in this size class is a G34. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a full size TDA 9.

Hambo
10-03-2022, 06:31 AM
I don’t expect this meander will turn into more than one 92 series pistol, but…

Let us know how that works out.

One of the main reasons I want to pursue this is a range 9mm, the closest thing I have in this size class is a G34. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a full size TDA 9.

If you had a Centurion with a threaded barrel and a comp...

claymore504
10-03-2022, 08:41 AM
Would never talk anyone out of a Beretta 92 as I am a big fan. I would just look for a used one and whatever model I found for a good price would be my choice since it would be a range fun gun only. I have a 92FS, 92A1, 92 Compact Inox and a couple LTTs and they are all awesome. I would say my Italian made 92A1 has the best fit and finish.

HeavyDuty
10-03-2022, 08:47 AM
If you had a Centurion with a threaded barrel and a comp...

Nah. I’ll stick with the cheap striker guns for compensating.

Sal Picante
10-03-2022, 09:09 AM

For most casual users, they're not going to tell... Just buy one, any 92, and be happy.

HeavyDuty
10-03-2022, 10:09 AM

For most casual users, they're not going to tell... Just buy one, any 92, and be happy.

I’ve reached the point in my life where good enough really isn’t.

I’d rather have a few very nice toys to start than ratchet my way through a bunch of 90% solutions before ending up… at the very nice toys.

gato naranja
10-03-2022, 12:27 PM
The FS 92X RDO that I purchased has proved to be a lot of pistol for the money, and is the only handgun purchase since my Glock days that I have not felt compelled to change in some way within 30 days.

Sights? Usable as-is.

Hammer spring? Ditto.

Grip(s)? The supplied wrap around is good enough.

RDO mounting? Not the lowest by any stretch, but not a horrible solution (for me).

There is just not much to dislike about the thing, and the first three of the above items can be easily changed down the road as age continues to unmercifully whack me with a stick.

The 92X is the pistol my wife should take to rather than the 9mm 1911, but she is stubborn. As in STUBBORN.

Sal Picante
10-03-2022, 01:36 PM
I’ve reached the point in my life where good enough really isn’t.

I’d rather have a few very nice toys to start than ratchet my way through a bunch of 90% solutions before ending up… at the very nice toys.

You, sir, are NOT a "casual user". :D

Go get that LTT. :cool: I'll share any of my Beretta insights if you ever have questions.

HeavyDuty
10-03-2022, 02:04 PM
Working on the LTT, and Kydex just ordered from Tony Mayer…

Sal Picante
10-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Working on the LTT, and Kydex just ordered from Tony Mayer…

Most excellent!

Doc_Glock
10-03-2022, 03:40 PM
I’ve handled but not shot a few Centurions over the years. I don’t expect this meander will turn into more than one 92 series pistol, but…

I just dropped in to say that Beretta 92s are my fun/hobby guns as well.

I really prefer the Centurions. A Centurion is nearly G17 sized and the standard 92 is more G34 sized. I like the G17 better than the G34 as well.

Second: DAO 92s are so sleek and really fun to shoot, with great triggers. But maybe you want to screw around with DA/SA.

HeavyDuty
10-03-2022, 03:50 PM
I just dropped in to say that Beretta 92s are my fun/hobby guns as well.

I really prefer the Centurions. A Centurion is nearly G17 sized and the standard 92 is more G34 sized. I like the G17 better than the G34 as well.

Second: DAO 92s are so sleek and really fun to shoot, with great triggers. But maybe you want to screw around with DA/SA.

Oddly enough I’ve never owned a G17. Maybe the larger size of the standard 92 is part of the appeal?

OlongJohnson
10-03-2022, 03:57 PM
Oddly enough I’ve never owned a G17. Maybe the larger size of the standard 92 is part of the appeal?

Add in P226 and USP 9 FS to that size paradigm. Probably a bunch of others that I don't care about as much. It is kinda standard.

CSW
10-03-2022, 05:09 PM

Congrats Ken.

You'll like the full size. My 92X full size is a pussycat to shoot, such a soft shooter.

We'll need pictures of your new Langdon, or it never happened.:p

Ben_G
10-03-2022, 06:02 PM
Well y'all made my job pretty easy! I'll add a few points to this discussion:

- M9A1s are going to be hard to find at the moment as I don't think we've built any for a while
- The RDO/A4 replacing the standard X and A3 is correct
- Both those new guns also have the trigger bar out of the Performance which gives a shorter reset (A4's is DLC coated, along with some internals)
- The trigger guard chamfer and radiused mag release area on LTTs are only on that platform, but LTT will replicate this by hand on a gun that's sent in for their carry bevel treatment
- To the best of my knowledge there isn't an M9A1 with dovetailed sights, folks just confuse the 92A1 and M9A1 all the time (I've done it too)
- My last personal purchase 92 was a 92X G Centurion that went to LTT for a carry bevel
- My next 92 purchase will probably be a full size Elite LTT w/ Carry Bevel

Shilling bellow:
The 90 series in general is a very configurable platform, and the latest generation of guns have been designed to allow end-users to take full advantage of that. The 92X is designed to be our best bang for your buck starting point in the 90 series lineup, the M9A4 is supposed to be the off the shelf tac platform 90 series, the Elites are the ideal carry/compete models from a man who's a leading expert in those fields and the platform, and the Performance are the dedicated competition models. All these have a pretty deep ecosystem at this point, and we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.

HeavyDuty
10-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Mission accomplished.

GyroF-16
10-03-2022, 07:07 PM
Ben_G -
I see from your signature line that you’re the new Beretta SME on the forum.
You may have already posted elsewhere, but I missed it.
Welcome! It’s great to have industry experts here.

LHS
10-04-2022, 02:02 AM
Great to see Ben here. He's doing the Lord's work at BUSA.

sickeness
10-04-2022, 03:14 AM
Shilling bellow:
The 90 series in general is a very configurable platform, and the latest generation of guns have been designed to allow end-users to take full advantage of that. The 92X is designed to be our best bang for your buck starting point in the 90 series lineup, the M9A4 is supposed to be the off the shelf tac platform 90 series, the Elites are the ideal carry/compete models from a man who's a leading expert in those fields and the platform, and the Performance are the dedicated competition models. All these have a pretty deep ecosystem at this point, and we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.

Are Vertec slides ever going to become available for individual sale again in the future? I missed out on the glut a year ago and would really want to have one to upgrade a few of my older 92FS with crappy dot sights.

Hambo
10-04-2022, 05:08 AM
we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.

I really appreciate that Beretta is doing that. Most of mine are no longer in original configuration.

Moshjath
10-04-2022, 05:23 AM

- M9A1s are going to be hard to find at the moment as I don't think we've built any for a while
- Both those new guns also have the trigger bar out of the Performance which gives a shorter reset (A4's is DLC coated, along with some internals)
- The trigger guard chamfer and radiused mag release area on LTTs are only on that platform, but LTT will replicate this by hand on a gun that's sent in for their carry bevel treatment
- To the best of my knowledge there isn't an M9A1 with dovetailed sights, folks just confuse the 92A1 and M9A1 all the time (I've done it too)
- My last personal purchase 92 was a 92X G Centurion that went to LTT for a carry bevel

Shilling bellow:

A 92X Compact RDO with a straight, railless dust over would be pretty sweet!

fixer
10-04-2022, 05:57 AM
I stuffed my safe with 92s this year. The struggle is real.

claymore504
10-04-2022, 07:18 AM

Shilling bellow:

Ben, as others have stated, it is great to have you on the forum now! Very pleased to see Beretta still evolving the 92 in so many aspects. The Elite LTT really made me realize how much I love the 92.

rayrevolver
10-04-2022, 07:41 AM
For a 92X not carried but bedside, anyone use Allegheny for a dehorn job?

Yeah, it's a much cheaper option and I know how that goes...

LHS
10-04-2022, 09:40 AM
For a 92X not carried but bedside, anyone use Allegheny for a dehorn job?

Yeah, it's a much cheaper option and I know how that goes...

I tried having him work on a gun once back in 2014 or so, and was very much not happy. Would not recommend.

Sal Picante
10-04-2022, 10:13 AM

Nice! Welcome to the forum!

I almost got you confused with the other Beretta "Ben": Ben Hardt, who is also class act.

p/CjNsAoCP-tn

HeavyDuty
10-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Got my tracking number!

LockedBreech
10-04-2022, 12:12 PM
A 92X Compact RDO with a straight, rail-less dust over would be pretty sweet!

No-rail 92X RDO is what I'm waiting for, it's the config my fiancée said she'd want most in a 92, so of course I can't find one.

I sympathize with Beretta though, the market for people who DO want an optic but DON'T want attachments is probably still a small one.

One of my most regretted student-loan-payoff sales was my 92FS Compact. It's not really small, it's not very light, but man is it just...nice. Just a nice-shooting, nicely-balanced package.

I'll echo that it's nice to have you on the forum, Ben!

Ben_G
10-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Ben_G -
I see from your signature line that you’re the new Beretta SME on the forum.
You may have already posted elsewhere, but I missed it.
Welcome! It’s great to have industry experts here.

Thank you! Happy to be here.

Nice! Welcome to the forum!

I almost got you confused with the other Beretta "Ben": Ben Hardt, who is also class act.

Ben H is the man, but yes, I'm the other one haha.

Great to see Ben here. He's doing the Lord's work at BUSA.

Thank you sir! By the way, that other thing got a workout last weekend with our friends in Virginia. Good times were had.

Are Vertec slides ever going to become available for individual sale again in the future? I missed out on the glut a year ago and would really want to have one to upgrade a few of my older 92FS with crappy dot sights.

I can't commit to anything, but I will say that sort of thing is very much on my list.

Ben, as others have stated, it is great to have you on the forum now! Very pleased to see Beretta still evolving the 92 in so many aspects. The Elite LTT really made me realize how much I love the 92.

Happy to be here, and oh yes; from a certain point of view, we're only just getting started on the 92.

No-rail 92X RDO is what I'm waiting for, it's the config my fiancée said she'd want most in a 92, so of course I can't find one.

I sympathize with Beretta though, the market for people who DO want an optic but DON'T want attachments is probably still a small one.

One of my most regretted student-loan-payoff sales was my 92FS Compact. It's not really small, it's not very light, but man is it just...nice. Just a nice-shooting, nicely-balanced package.

I'll echo that it's nice to have you on the forum, Ben!

Thanks for the welcome! And as for a non-rail RDO, it's definitely a niche gun. We have the programs/parts here since we did that non-RDO straight dustcover 92X Compact (that was a personal favorite to work on since we set it up as a throwback to the 92SB), but that model never drove a lot of orders. If it were to return, it'd likely be some wacky special make.

LHS
10-04-2022, 03:06 PM
Thank you sir! By the way, that other thing got a workout last weekend with our friends in Virginia. Good times were had.

Ooooooooo, color me jelly

Chuck Whitlock
10-04-2022, 05:48 PM
A 92X Compact RDO with a straight, railless dust over would be pretty sweet!

Thanks for the welcome! And as for a non-rail RDO, it's definitely a niche gun. We have the programs/parts here since we did that non-RDO straight dustcover 92X Compact (that was a personal favorite to work on since we set it up as a throwback to the 92SB), but that model never drove a lot of orders. If it were to return, it'd likely be some wacky special make.

This or a Centurion,Vertec, in D configuration.

I'd be one of the five or ten people to buy one!

Moshjath
10-04-2022, 06:35 PM

I’d buy multiple! Just set the CNC code for the pre-existing 92x Compact straighten dust cover and toss on those 92x Compact RDO slides! Makes sense if it was a special run like the 92X DAO variants

Ed4032
10-05-2022, 04:30 AM
Yep you need this. Always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. And don’t tell SWMBO.

CSW
10-05-2022, 04:32 AM
Got my tracking number!

Details man, details on which one you ordered?

HeavyDuty
10-05-2022, 06:21 AM
Details man, details on which one you ordered?

Full size, trigger job, FO sight. A basic 92 Elite LTT.

This is a slippery slope, I fear.

claymore504
10-05-2022, 07:13 AM

Same one I started with. This produced a love for the 92 that I just did not have. I did not have a bad view of the 92, but my only real experience with it was worn out M9 pistols I worked with in the military. I quickly realized how outstanding the 92 was. This lead to an LTT RDO from Langdon, a 92FS. 92A1 and 92 Inox compact. The M9A3 or A4 are on my radar now.

CSW
10-05-2022, 07:45 AM

Awesome.
... And, in the future you if you decide to dot, you can just send the slide out for the cut.

You're gonna like it.

HeavyDuty
10-05-2022, 08:33 AM
I’m not sure I can be persuaded to do an optic on a 92, they are really tall.

But, a LTT Compact Elite looks really tasty… look away!

Jared
10-07-2022, 06:52 PM

So, just so I’m clear, the title of the thread was to talk you out of an M9. And PF was successful in doing that….

By persuading you to buy an LTT Elite with trigger job.

I love this place sometimes.

Seriously though, congrats on the purchase and you’ll probably love it.

HeavyDuty
10-07-2022, 06:56 PM
It’s here.

Hot damn. That trigger!

TicTacticalTimmy
10-07-2022, 08:06 PM
I’m not sure I can be persuaded to do an optic on a 92, they are really tall.

But, a LTT Compact Elite looks really tasty… look away!

Not really, using a caliper with my amateur's eye the LTT RDO center of optic (HS407CO) to center of bore is about even with my P-09 direct milled by Primary Machine with the same optic. They are close enough that depending on how I measure the LTT can look a touch higher or lower, which is pretty impressive when you consider the LTT has a plate system.

If you mean the overall height, the P-09 with a 19rd mag is about 6.75", while the LTT with an 18rd mag is 6.5". The P-09 is totally concealable with something larger than a t shirt. I don't have a proper AIWB holster for my LTT yet, but it seems like it should be much more concealable. The grip length, i.e. the part that sticks out, measured from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bottom of mag, is about .75" shorter on the LTT, or about .25" longer than a P-07.

I do wish the irons on the LTT RDO were just a bit shorter, though I don't think they have actually hindered my shooting.

CSW
10-08-2022, 06:50 AM
It’s here.

Hot damn. That trigger!

We're going to need a full range report, as well as pictures.

BTW:
The JM Custom's original AIWB make that full size cannon disappear.;)

HeavyDuty
10-08-2022, 07:40 AM
We're going to need a full range report, as well as pictures.

BTW:
The JM Custom's original AIWB make that full size cannon disappear.;)

I’ll see what I can do about pics, but a range report will need to wait a bit - I’m getting married Monday, so priorities.

I really wish I could carry AIWB, I’ve tried and just can’t to it. I do have an OWB2 and mag carrier on order from Tony, though. I may try a traditional IWB from him, I think I’ve found a way of comfortably carrying IWB again. And three additional 18 round Mec-Gars showed up yesterday for a total of six.

My FFL is the match coordinator for the local gun club (the one I want to join) and was covetous of the trigger. The reset is insanely good.

newyork
10-08-2022, 08:09 AM
I’ll see what I can do about pics, but a range report will need to wait a bit - I’m getting married Monday, so priorities.

I really wish I could carry AIWB, I’ve tried and just can’t to it. I do have an OWB2 and mag carrier on order from Tony, though. I may try a traditional IWB from him, I think I’ve found a way of comfortably carrying IWB again. And three additional 18 round Mec-Gars showed up yesterday for a total of six.

My FFL is the match coordinator for the local gun club (the one I want to join) and was covetous of the trigger. The reset is insanely good.

Tell her she can wait hahahaha. Congratulations!!!!

HeavyDuty
10-08-2022, 09:27 AM

Thanks!

CSW
10-08-2022, 01:04 PM

Just have the ceremony at the range, that way you can also get pictures with both 😜

Congratulations Ken.

HeavyDuty
11-01-2022, 11:44 AM
Can anyone that has experience with LTT 92 Elites both with and without NP3 chime in regarding whether it’s worth getting the coating?

thatguybryan
11-01-2022, 12:08 PM
Can anyone that has experience with LTT 92 Elites both with and without NP3 chime in regarding whether it’s worth getting the coating?

I haven’t technically owned both versions, but my experience has been that my LTT Elite with NP3 feels smoother, but I probably wouldn't buy another. I think the trigger job vs non trigger job is a much more noticeable difference.

I ended up with the NP3 Elite because I got a crazy good deal on a used one.

CraigS
11-02-2022, 07:20 AM
I prefer the NP3 but it is a small part of the overall TJIB upgrade. If you are comfortable w/ some 6-800 wet/dry sandpaper, and a polish tip in a Dremel, you can get very near the NP3. To me it is similar to upgrading cars. You get a real bang for the $ but, as you keep upgrading, the incremental performance increase gets to be more and more $ per step. NP3 is a feelable difference just handling the part. I don't remember why but a couple years ago I had a piece of 1/4 inch aluminum maybe 6x8 inches on my workbench. I had been moving stuff around and it ended up sitting w/ one side jacked up about 2 inches. As I was doing a TJIB install, I had the old trigger bar out and the NP3 bar ready to go in but wanted to do something else first. So they didn't get lost in the clutter I set both of them on the piece of aluminum. The old bar sat there but dang if the NP3 bar didn't slide down that piece of aluminum.

HeavyDuty
11-08-2022, 08:44 PM
At this point I’m just waiting to see if LTT offers any Black Friday deals this year. I think I really would like a Compact to go with my full size.

AdioSS
11-08-2022, 08:58 PM
Buy it 😈

CSW
11-17-2022, 07:23 PM
So, Ken;

Have you even shot the damn Beretta yet?

HeavyDuty
11-17-2022, 07:46 PM
So, Ken;

Have you even shot the damn Beretta yet?

Sadly, no - it’s been crazy busy, and there is all sort of medical stuff going on here right now. Soon TM

Suvorov
11-17-2022, 08:55 PM
At this point I’m just waiting to see if LTT offers any Black Friday deals this year. I think I really would like a Compact to go with my full size.

I really like the compact. With my JM Custom IWB holster I am surprised at how easy it is to hide.

SwampDweller
11-18-2022, 07:04 AM
I’m a huge Beretta fan but unless there’s some nostalgia associated with an m9 for you, I’d suggest something a little newer like an M9a3 or at least something with a front sight you can change. Whatever you buy, id look for an Italian-made example or at least an older USA made Beretta. Steer clear of anything made in Tennessee unless you can lay eyes and hands on it first.

Aren't LTT Berettas typically US-made, and probably in TN? They don't seem to have problems. Have there been issues with the newer TN-made ones?

Noah
11-18-2022, 08:02 AM
Aren't LTT Berettas typically US-made, and probably in TN? They don't seem to have problems. Have there been issues with the newer TN-made ones?

It's gotten better as the TN factory has gotten up and running, from what I've seen. LTTs are TN made.

Biggest complaints seem to be off center sights and tool marks. I haven't personally had any issues.

SwampDweller
11-18-2022, 10:24 AM
It's gotten better as the TN factory has gotten up and running, from what I've seen. LTTs are TN made.

Biggest complaints seem to be off center sights and tool marks. I haven't personally had any issues.

I’ve thought about an LTT but I’ve always thought the Italian Berettas to be a bit nicer than the US ones. I remember my US one having thinner looking chrome lining in the barrel. I’m thinking about just getting an Italian made 92A1 and make it a decocker only. Since the front sight is dovetailed I can put new sights on it, and I like the radius cut under the beaver tail. I also like the traditional shape of the 92 grip over the Vertec.

Always wondered if the lightened spring in the LTT could even potentially cause any reliability issues. I’m not one to sacrifice any potential for reliability for a nicer trigger unless it’s a range/competition gun.

GyroF-16
11-18-2022, 10:45 AM
I’ve thought about an LTT but I’ve always thought the Italian Berettas to be a bit nicer than the US ones. I remember my US one having thinner looking chrome lining in the barrel. I’m thinking about just getting an Italian made 92A1 and make it a decocker only. Since the front sight is dovetailed I can put new sights on it, and I like the radius cut under the beaver tail. I also like the traditional shape of the 92 grip over the Vertec.

Always wondered if the lightened spring in the LTT could even potentially cause any reliability issues. I’m not one to sacrifice any potential for reliability for a nicer trigger unless it’s a range/competition gun.

Re: lightened spring-
I’ve run a 12 lb hammer spring in my LTT Elite (it comes stock with a 13 lb) for about 15,000 rounds. Used primers from Federal, Winchester, CCI, and GINEX (Eastern Bloc). It lit every primer I used. I even tried an 11 lb spring for awhile. I changed it out when troubleshooting some Federal Syntech ammo that turned out to have bad primers. Federal replaced the ammo, and all was good again. The 11 lb spring found a home in a gun for my wife, as it made the DA pull much lighter. That gun worked fine when validating it with HST (all it will ever be called upon to shoot).
Bottom line, a lighter spring, combined with the enhanced-geometry trigger bars (Wilson or LTT) that came stock on LTT guns should be no problem. Even with a stock hammer and trigger bar, I’ve found very light (11 lb) springs to still be reliable with Federal duty ammo.
As a result, my serious-use guns have springs that are 11, (mostly) 12, and D (which is probably 16). All function reliably.

WobblyPossum
11-18-2022, 10:48 AM

The LTT guns have all the features you prefer already, along with actual chamfering to break sharp edges underneath the beaver tail and trigger guard. I haven’t heard of anyone reporting reliability issues with the LTT guns with their standard 13# hammer spring. People have had issues with harder primers when going lower than that. Most people running 12# and 11# springs are doing it in competition guns and they stick to Federal primers to make up for the weaker hammer strikes.

CSW
11-18-2022, 11:43 AM
I'm running 12# in both of the 92X guns I have.
Zero issues.

GlockenSpiel
11-18-2022, 01:18 PM
I’m thinking about just getting an Italian made 92A1 and make it a decocker only. Since the front sight is dovetailed I can put new sights on it, and I like the radius cut under the beaver tail.

It's going against the grain, but this is what I did recently, getting a 2020 92a1 I was able to look at. I wasn't happy with the quality of the Tennessee-made ones, especially the barrels. Every Italian chrome-lined barrel I've seen is still immaculate, and the guns shoot great to point of aim out of the box. The stainless Tennessee barrels I've seen tend to look like a well-frosted milsurp barrel. Since they've switched to entirely new models and a new facility, I also wasn't confident the track record would still be there. Regarding changes in quality, I think the initial Tennessee guns were actually better and QC started to slip after a year or two; they probably moved some of the experienced Maryland workers down there temporarily before they retired or went to office jobs in Accokeek.

Downsides of the 92a1 are the sight situation is more complicated, but there are at least a few options for fiber optic, night sight etc. You won't have a great variety but there should be *something* you're happy with. I was more concerned with replaceability if the front sight got smashed; so I actually like the fact the sights are staked on as well. There's also no obvious optic mounting solution, unless you send to Langdon to have it milled for his RDO, and then that slide would only work on the 92a1. Then again, if you want BUIS, you would be going to Langdon anyway.

TCinVA
11-18-2022, 10:24 PM
I'm rather fond of my Italian made 92FS from the early 90's. I saw it sitting in a gunstore where it had been sitting for quite some time and made a low offer that the shop accepted. It had clearly not been fired much if ever.

The DA trigger is heavy, but incredibly smooth. (The DAO hammer spring can lighten it a good bit) The hammer lets go sooner than you think it would but without disrupting the sight picture as it falls and the trigger goes into overtravel. The function of the gun is slick, right up there with my Wilson Combat Brig Tac.

It's a fun gun because it's a time machine. It's Die Hard and Lethal Weapon and LAPD and what the best M9's were before they got dog fucked by military "maintenance". I kind of like that it doesn't have all the modern updates because it's not a gun I'm going to be carrying. I just pull it out once in a while for merriment. It kind of scratches that nostalgic itch better than the more modern variants that are more practical as guns you live with daily.

Vista461
11-20-2022, 11:42 AM
It's going against the grain, but this is what I did recently, getting a 2020 92a1 I was able to look at. I wasn't happy with the quality of the Tennessee-made ones, especially the barrels. Every Italian chrome-lined barrel I've seen is still immaculate, and the guns shoot great to point of aim out of the box. The stainless Tennessee barrels I've seen tend to look like a well-frosted milsurp barrel. Since they've switched to entirely new models and a new facility, I also wasn't confident the track record would still be there. Regarding changes in quality, I think the initial Tennessee guns were actually better and QC started to slip after a year or two; they probably moved some of the experienced Maryland workers down there temporarily before they retired or went to office jobs in Accokeek.

Downsides of the 92a1 are the sight situation is more complicated, but there are at least a few options for fiber optic, night sight etc. You won't have a great variety but there should be *something* you're happy with. I was more concerned with replaceability if the front sight got smashed; so I actually like the fact the sights are staked on as well. There's also no obvious optic mounting solution, unless you send to Langdon to have it milled for his RDO, and then that slide would only work on the 92a1. Then again, if you want BUIS, you would be going to Langdon anyway.

I have a 92A1 that I used for work. Bought it for the replacability of the sights, but never ended up doing it. Lol.
It’s my understanding that you can use the same sights as Vertec and 92x. LTT says you can use the Ameriglo’s on it that are for the Elite LTT.

https://langdontactical.com/ameriglo-spartan-sights-elite-ltt-m9a3/

I believe Brigs have a different dovetail.

HCM
11-20-2022, 12:38 PM

The LTT guns have all the features you prefer already, along with actual chamfering to break sharp edges underneath the beaver tail and trigger guard. I haven’t heard of anyone reporting reliability issues with the LTT guns with their standard 13# hammer spring. People have had issues with harder primers when going lower than that. Most people running 12# and 11# springs are doing it in competition guns and they stick to Federal primers to make up for the weaker hammer strikes.

One needs to distinguish between LTT guns acquired from LTT vs the LTT guns sold by Beretta via commercial channels.

I’ve encountered several problem 92 series guns, one an Italian made 92A1, the others have all been made in Tennessee.

The first one was a Wilson combat brigadier tactical with a mag catch issue. A mag could be inserted, but would not lock in with the Mag catch, and could not be made to engage the slides the slot was pulled to the rear. It seemed as though the mag catch was cut in the wrong place in the frame. It was replaced by the dealer with another.

The replacement Wilson, brigadier, and a subsequent Wilson 92 centurion both shot well, but had issues with sharp edges and sharp corners on the tang.

I’ve had a commercial LTT 92, which had significant lateral point of impact issues, because the front sight was installed off-center and staked in place as such. The gun also had some very nasty sharp edges around the trigger guard. It was swapped out by the dealer for another commercial LTT 92.

The second commercial LTT 92 ahead, had POA/POA issues. It also had some nasty sharp edges.

For whatever reason I have not seen any of those issues in the LTT guns from LTT.

The Brig tac was early TN production but the commercial LTTs were a couple years later.

claymore504
11-20-2022, 10:19 PM
I have a 92A1 that I used for work. Bought it for the replacability of the sights, but never ended up doing it. Lol.
It’s my understanding that you can use the same sights as Vertec and 92x. LTT says you can use the Ameriglo’s on it that are for the Elite LTT.

https://langdontactical.com/ameriglo-spartan-sights-elite-ltt-m9a3/

I believe Brigs have a different dovetail.

The Elite LTT 92 sights fot the 92A1 as far as I know. I sent my Italian made 92A1 slide to LTT and had them install the fiber optic sights that my Elite LTT has.

https://i.imgur.com/ItA83Ti.jpg?1

HeavyDuty
11-21-2022, 07:22 AM
I just ordered a lil’ brother for my 92 Elite full size - a LTT Elite Compact (thank you for the sale, LangdonTactical !)

HeavyDuty
02-09-2023, 09:51 AM
One needs to distinguish between LTT guns acquired from LTT vs the LTT guns sold by Beretta via commercial channels.

I’ve encountered several problem 92 series guns, one an Italian made 92A1, the others have all been made in Tennessee.

The first one was a Wilson combat brigadier tactical with a mag catch issue. A mag could be inserted, but would not lock in with the Mag catch, and could not be made to engage the slides the slot was pulled to the rear. It seemed as though the mag catch was cut in the wrong place in the frame. It was replaced by the dealer with another.

The replacement Wilson, brigadier, and a subsequent Wilson 92 centurion both shot well, but had issues with sharp edges and sharp corners on the tang.

I’ve had a commercial LTT 92, which had significant lateral point of impact issues, because the front sight was installed off-center and staked in place as such. The gun also had some very nasty sharp edges around the trigger guard. It was swapped out by the dealer for another commercial LTT 92.

The second commercial LTT 92 ahead, had POA/POA issues. It also had some nasty sharp edges.

For whatever reason I have not seen any of those issues in the LTT guns from LTT.

The Brig tac was early TN production but the commercial LTTs were a couple years later.

router login (https://routerlogin.ltd/)
pikashow (https://pikashow.ltd/)

Hello, spambot! FOAD, will’ya?

CSW
02-09-2023, 11:09 AM
I just ordered a lil’ brother for my 92 Elite full size - a LTT Elite Compact (thank you for the sale, LangdonTactical !)

Mine's not an LTT, but I dropped a TJIAB and Lok grips on it, and love it.

Purchased from 03RN, it's an m9a1 compact L.

Not in the least hard to conceal in JM holster.

HeavyDuty
02-09-2023, 11:24 AM
Where I ended up:

HCM
02-09-2023, 05:14 PM
Hello, spambot! FOAD, will’ya?

What does that mean in English?

HeavyDuty
02-09-2023, 05:26 PM
What does that mean in English?

That was directed at johnceena88, a spambot who copied part of your post to seem legitimate. It means “fall over and die,” of course - or something like that. The not-so-shitmods took care of nuking him from space after I reported it.

Borderland
02-09-2023, 06:11 PM
Centurion has the same barrel length as almost every other FS service pistol. Full size has the barrel length of a 1911.

And that's what makes it a great pistol.

I'm not up on the models but I had an Italian built 92F many years ago. I can't remember why I sold it. Probably found it too large for my tastes. I think I replaced it with a 1911 because I really wasn't into 9mm pistols at the time. I still prefer a 1911 for a full size pistol.

I never found anything annoying about the 92F except the size of the grip. I'm just not a double stack guy.

HeavyDuty
02-09-2023, 06:26 PM
I suspect I’ll end up with a LTT Centurion, too. I need to take a breather first.

CSW
02-09-2023, 06:28 PM
I'm informally looking for a 96 in 40 now.

Suvorov
02-09-2023, 06:39 PM
I'm informally looking for a 96 in 40 now.

#Me2 (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Me2)

SW CQB 45
02-09-2023, 06:54 PM
Nice set up HD

I have an early number LTT.

Having large hands, sometimes I am the issue!

I ain't shot my LTT in a while, but I recall my booger puller would make contact with my support hand.

https://i.imgur.com/wzaWxGch.jpg

HeavyDuty
02-09-2023, 07:34 PM
Nice set up HD

I have an early number LTT.

Having large hands, sometimes I am the issue!

I ain't shot my LTT in a while, but I recall my booger puller would make contact with my support hand.

https://i.imgur.com/wzaWxGch.jpg

I’m constantly impressed with my LTTs. Is it something that different grips might help with? And damn, those *are* big hands.

CSW
02-10-2023, 05:39 AM
I suspect I’ll end up with a LTT Centurion, too. I need to take a breather first.

"just get it now"....

Says the enabler.

I found a 40.
96D.

Trying to justify the funds....

Whispers the enabler...

OlongJohnson
02-10-2023, 07:09 AM
I’m constantly impressed with my LTTs. Is it something that different grips might help with? And damn, those *are* big hands.

Has anyone else ever noticed how short Miculek’s thumbs are?

HeavyDuty
02-10-2023, 07:30 AM
"just get it now"....

Says the enabler.

I found a 40.
96D.

Whispers the enabler...

Just do it…

JonInWA
02-10-2023, 05:14 PM
"just get it now"....

Says the enabler.

I found a 40.
96D.

Whispers the enabler...

If you want longevity with higher roundcount use, I'd suggest a 92D.

Best, JonInWA...AKA the de-enabler....

CSW
02-10-2023, 06:32 PM
If you want longevity with higher roundcount use, I'd suggest a 92D.

Best, JonInWA...AKA the de-enabler....

Thanks Jon;
I'm really looking for a 96a1, just because I want it..... No other reason.
Probably no more than 500-700 round per year, if that....
The 96D is a Minnesota SP trade in....
I'd rather have a G, or convert an F.

Samanator
02-11-2023, 05:56 PM
I really thought the people on the watch forums I belong to were enablers. This team may be worse, but at least guns cost less than watches. I thought I had one of nearly every high-capacity 9mm hammer fire pistol under $4.5K and above 1K. Then last night I found this thread and all the endorsements for the LTT. I looked up the gun and I'm impressed with what you get for the money. I'm also one of the military people that were in when 1911's were going out and the Berettas were coming in. This is not a nostalgia play for me since the military-issued versions of either were not the greatest memory. With a night to sleep on it now I just ordered the optic-ready Langdon Tactical Tech LTT92ERDOTJ 92 Elite LTT. I just feel I need a Beretta of some flavor, and a good friend of mine raves about his 92.

As a note this is my first post here.

CSW
02-21-2023, 11:54 AM
Awesome.
Totally awesome.

https://gfycat.com/comfortablefatalharborporpoise-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-judge-reinhold

HeavyDuty
02-21-2023, 01:50 PM
I really thought the people on the watch forums I belong to were enablers. This team may be worse, but at least guns cost less than watches. I thought I had one of nearly every high-capacity 9mm hammer fire pistol under $4.5K and above 1K. Then last night I found this thread and all the endorsements for the LTT. I looked up the gun and I'm impressed with what you get for the money. I'm also one of the military people that were in when 1911's were going out and the Berettas were coming in. This is not a nostalgia play for me since the military-issued versions of either were not the greatest memory. With a night to sleep on it now I just ordered the optic-ready Langdon Tactical Tech LTT92ERDOTJ 92 Elite LTT. I just feel I need a Beretta of some flavor, and a good friend of mine raves about his 92.

I missed it when you first posted this - congrats! I’m really impressed with mine.

Sig_Fiend
02-21-2023, 02:23 PM

Welcome. Prepare yourself! There is a phenomenon here I like to call "WHEEL OF PF!". Get your wallet ready.

Every few weeks or months here people will geek out on something cool, and you won't want to miss out on it.

Guaranteed to add at least 10-12 additional gun and gear purchases per year! I jest but, it's a fun ride. ;)

Not HighSpeed
02-21-2023, 02:43 PM

Welcome to Enabler-Forum.com lol.

CSW
02-21-2023, 03:47 PM
If you have followed this thread, I "cheaped out", and sent a Centurion to LTT for his magic.

Which when he was done, was actually not cheaper, when you included the cost of the RMR.
My LTT distraction was just under $1400.

😎But it sure is slik😎

claymore504
02-22-2023, 08:19 AM
This forum educated me on the Elite LTT when it first came out and I could not get on the LTT site fast enough to put in my order. An Elite LTT RDO soon follwed and then an LTT 1301. The struggle is real. I have managed to resist the PX4 world as my love for the CZ P07 & P09 is very strong.

revchuck38
02-22-2023, 08:59 AM
Welcome. Prepare yourself! There is a phenomenon here I like to call "WHEEL OF PF!". Get your wallet ready.

Every few weeks or months here people will geek out on something cool, and you won't want to miss out on it.

Guaranteed to add at least 10-12 additional gun and gear purchases per year! I jest but, it's a fun ride. ;)

Dang, I’ve only got five of those, most recently an S&W 5906. Guess I need to up my game. ;)

Colt191145lover
02-22-2023, 03:50 PM

Well crap, I gave my little brother my 5906 for Christmas . Looks Like I better start looking for a replacement.
After my S&W N Frame kick... :p