PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo and Rob's Tools: Self-Opening Sheath - In-Stock Now

RevolverRob
09-29-2022, 12:51 PM
We're LIVE!!!

Per the thread title, we will launch orders for the Self-Opening Sheath (SOS) tomorrow morning (9/30/2022) at 09:00 Pacific Standard Time. Orders placed Friday will be shipped early next week. We ship via USPS Flat Rate.

You will be able to order here: Flamingo and Rob's Tools Self-Opening Sheath (https://flamingoandrobstools.bigcartel.com/product/self-opening-sheath)

If you're not able to place an order for a specific sheath or quantity it means we're out of stock (we're using inventory control for our software). Never fear - we'll be working to bring more inventory in stock as quickly as possible. We have enough now and in process to start rolling things out.

Thanks for your support!

-Rob

OlongJohnson
09-30-2022, 08:08 AM
Wanna get a mod to copy edit the thread title, or was that on purpose?

RevolverRob
09-30-2022, 10:46 AM
Wanna get a mod to copy edit the thread title, or was that on purpose?

Well, we do think these things are HOT.

Fortunately, I can edit titles in this sub-forum as a Supporting Business!

Praise be to LittleLebowski for that.

luckyman
09-30-2022, 11:02 AM
Hmm getting a message “we’re not set up to take payments” when I try to check out

luckyman
09-30-2022, 11:13 AM
Hmm getting a message “we’re not set up to take payments” when I try to check out

It works now!

RevolverRob
09-30-2022, 11:44 AM
I forgot to mention this earlier. We have an auto discount setup.

If you Buy Two - you'll automatically get $5 off your order. So it's one for $25 and two for $45!

RevolverRob
09-30-2022, 08:35 PM
I forgot to mention this earlier. We have an auto discount setup.

If you Buy Two - you'll automatically get $5 off your order. So it's one for $25 and two for $45!

Apologies folks - You have to enter a discount code to get this discount -

The code is:

BuyTwo

Skinner Precision, LLC
09-30-2022, 10:05 PM
Apologies folks - You have to enter a discount code to get this discount -

The code is:

BuyTwo

Do we need a separate sheath for a trainer still, I did not see that option?

Flamingo
09-30-2022, 10:15 PM

The trainer and live blade both fit in the same SOS. We are adding a blue one wrap that you can use instaed of the black if you want to have an easy way to show it is a trainer.

RevolverRob
09-30-2022, 11:14 PM

The trainer and live blade both fit in the same SOS. We are adding a blue one wrap that you can use instaed of the black if you want to have an easy way to show it is a trainer.

Yep just order two of what you want/need.

Here is what folks can expect to come with each sheath. Sheath is setup with shock cord and 1.5" wide One Wrap installed. In addition we'll send along a spare piece of shock cord, a spare piece of One-Wrap, and two pieces of 0.75" wide blue hook and loop wrap - so you can mark your training sheath. If you're ordering a P'Kal, a couple of extra washers will be included, because P'Kals are a bit more finicky on spacing and we want you to be able to adjust it to your liking.

RevolverRob
10-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Two quick updates:

1) We are now currently out of stock on P'Kal sheaths. We'll be bending up more this coming week to restock.

2) We have temporarily removed the stock of our Kershaw-Emerson sheaths and you cannot order them at present. Despite having a solid functional prototype when we went to production with it, we changed something and we're not sure what. After some further testing we have determined the production versions are not reliably deploying and working like we want. We're not satisfied in shipping you a product that doesn't meet our standards. This is something I'll be working on this weekend to get hammered out so we can get these back to the prototype functionality in a production quality sheath. We'll get it fixed, thanks for your pat

RevolverRob
10-09-2022, 08:23 PM
P'Kals now in stock and Kershaw-Emerson's are available once again.

So we have all three forms of the SOS are now available for purchase and shipment!

Thanks guys!

-Rob

Flamingo
10-09-2022, 10:48 PM

Here is a picture of my daily carry Spyderco waved Delica. It carries pretty nicely, I think the light weight of the FRN handles really helps out.

Oldherkpilot
10-10-2022, 12:51 PM
I sure hope my Emerson Kershaw is the CQC6 or I'll be buying a new knife, too!

Flamingo
10-10-2022, 01:06 PM
I just ordered a Manix 2 and a 5x5 PickPocket mod and I am excited to see how this works with the SOS.

Oldherkpilot
10-14-2022, 02:35 PM
My SOS arrived today and my knives are indeed CQC6s. I carry two, one In each front pocket. The right hand knife is for routine stuff and the left one is only used occasionally and I keep it razor sharp. I am now carrying the sharp one in the SOS on my left side. Since the knife is no longer in my left pocket, access to my keys is much easier. Retention seems plenty adequate and opening is a certainty. I'm always looking for the better mousetrap and this might be one!
The knife in the photo is the right pocket knife, clip is on the other side with the left pocket one.

Flamingo
10-14-2022, 06:37 PM
Oldherkpilot I am glad you like it! I have carried my Delica everyday for a couple of months and I have had great luck with it.

I got the 5x5 combat solutions pick pocket for the Manix in the mail and it is working very well with the prototype sheath I made up.

feudist
10-14-2022, 10:07 PM
Will this work with the Kershaw CQC-7?
They look identical .

RevolverRob
10-14-2022, 10:53 PM
Will this work with the Kershaw CQC-7?
They look identical .

I can't be 100%, because I don't have one on hand to check. But looking at them I believe so. The 6K and 7K do appear identical in specs and in the pictures.

Totem Polar
10-14-2022, 10:57 PM
Got mine today!

As soon as I can figure out where I put my 5x5 wave dealieo, I’ll be back…

RevolverRob
10-15-2022, 05:44 PM
p/CjwGOf7PhA-

RevolverRob
02-14-2023, 10:23 AM
Because we love our customers, free shipping now through midnight Saturday on your order(s) - use code VDAYFS.

Also, if anyone was wondering we have had a customer confirm that the Kershaw-Emerson CQC-7K fits the K-E sheath for the 6K perfectly!