PDA

View Full Version : PX4 backstop retainer clip

Gun Nerd
09-05-2022, 11:19 AM
I've had some trouble with the metal clip that holds the backstrap in place working its way out. Typically it's protruding a quarter inch or so when I get out my range gun out of the safe and do a double take: "I didn't think this came with a lanyard loop!?"

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.

PX4 Storm Tracker
09-05-2022, 03:11 PM
I've had some trouble with the metal clip that holds the backstrap in place working its way out. Typically it's protruding a quarter inch or so when I get out my range gun out of the safe and do a double take: "I didn't think this came with a lanyard loop!?"

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.

On rare occasion I have seen where the backstrap retention wire will walk out a little bit in a shooting session. We have always been able to resolve this by removing the wire, making sure that it is dry and then spreading the stems out a little bit, stretching it out and then putting it back in. That little bit of stretching out has always fixed that for us.

Gun Nerd
09-05-2022, 04:46 PM
On rare occasion I have seen where the backstrap retention wire will walk out a little bit in a shooting session. We have always been able to resolve this by removing the wire, making sure that it is dry and then spreading the stems out a little bit, stretching it out and then putting it back in. That little bit of stretching out has always fixed that for us.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've only seen it on my range gun, which has about three times as many rounds through it as my carry gun (which has been to Boresight).