PDA

View Full Version : My 12 year old Made Me a Happy Father Tonight

KentF
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
While out at dinner tonight my 12 year old daughter asked me if we were going to the range on Saturday. :D

A couple of weeks ago I took her with me and let her shoot my P3AT. She didn't like it at all, but really made me proud with her safe gun handling. I'd only loaded one round in the magazine and I had to cycle the slide for her. After firing the shot, she took her finger off the trigger and kept the muzzle pointed down range. She didn't want to shoot any more, but patiently waited in the car while I shot.

When we finished I took her to a sporting goods store and bought her an airsoft pistol, which she loves! Looks like I have a new training partner...

jar
03-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Sounds like you have a great excuse to buy a new 22!

KentF
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I think I'll let her get use to the airsoft first. She can be a little timid. In all honesty, when she shot the .380 I almost expected her to drop the gun and run to the car. :)

Kyle Reese
03-25-2011, 01:15 AM
That's awesome!

MTechnik
03-25-2011, 06:28 AM
That's so awesome! I can't wait till my 3 year old puts on a few more years.

If only to come watch and pick up brass afterward!

VolGrad
03-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Very cool.

My 7yo daughter asked me last night if I would buy her one of the pink LCPs. She inadvertently hit my leg/thigh and felt my (black) LCP in my pocket and asked me if she could see/handle it. I took it out, cleared it, gave the mandatory safety speech, then let her hold it and point a bit. She also can't yet cycle the slide on her own. They aren't quite as easy as her nerf guns. :p

Occam's Razor
03-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Very cool.

My 7yo daughter asked me last night if I would buy her one of the pink LCPs. She inadvertently hit my leg/thigh and felt my (black) LCP in my pocket and asked me if she could see/handle it. I took it out, cleared it, gave the mandatory safety speech, then let her hold it and point a bit. She also can't yet cycle the slide on her own. They aren't quite as easy as her nerf guns. :p

Come on Vol - you've talked about your pink LCP before, no need to play it off as (black).

VolGrad
03-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Come on Vol - you've talked about your pink LCP before, no need to play it off as (black).

:o