PDA

View Full Version : Dream Cover Garment

Sinker
09-18-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm not sure I could pull off a patterned poncho, but imagine the CC possibilities! Anything shy of a Garand would disappear. :D
http://geofflivingston.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/eastwood_good_ugly.jpg

Tamara
09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I used to love that movie before I learned anything about guns or Civil War history. Now it's a struggle to maintain my willing suspension of disbelief. Like Patton.

jetfire
09-18-2012, 08:56 AM
If someone shot an entire match wearing that get up with a GI 1911, they would win at everything forever.

VolGrad
09-18-2012, 08:59 AM
If someone shot an entire match wearing that get up with a GI 1911, they would win at everything forever.
That would be kind of fun actually.

Tamara
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM

Like Shootin' Buddy says: "No dress-up."

I'll play any gun game you want as long as it doesn't involve any costumery.

"What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year, Tamara?"
"A grownup." :p

Zhurdan
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I used to love that movie before I learned anything about guns or Civil War history. Now it's a struggle to maintain my willing suspension of disbelief. Like Patton.

While I can appreciate your attention to detail, it's still a pretty good movie. Especially being it is one that I still like to go over to the folks house and watch it with my dad from time to time. Great memories.

Like Shootin' Buddy says: "No dress-up."

I'll play any gun game you want as long as it doesn't involve any costumery.

"What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year, Tamara?"
"A grownup." :p

Dressin' up ain't all that bad. Plus, including historical inaccuracies into the mix can be fun.

Back when I used to do Cowboy Action Shooting, we were shooting a local match and a guy from Utah came up to little ol' Wyoming. He was fast. I mean reallllllly fast. Well, long story short, he wanted to face off on a plate rack against me. I beat him a couple of times and he started to get upset so he wanted to use his rifle against my two pistols (gunfighter style). I excused myself and said I had to get more ammo from my truck. Instead, I put my 1911 in the right holster (away from him) and we ran the plates again. Beat him again. He got pissed off and left in a huff.

Some of the funnest shooting times I've ever had were when I was all dressed up. Besides, dressing up in costumes just changes for most folks over time. Before, it was cowboy hats and dusters. Now, it's Kydex and Molle gear. Kinda like when we all were kids. Guys would ask girls if they wanted to play Doctor.... now they ask them if they want to play nurse. ;)

Tamara
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
While I can appreciate your attention to detail, it's still a pretty good movie.

Oh, no doubt, it's just that every time somebody's loading metallic cartridges into their Civil War Colt, I can't help but notice...

Dressin' up ain't all that bad. Plus, including historical inaccuracies into the mix can be fun.

Other people can dress up all they want. I have had lots of friends who enjoy spending their weekends dressed like soldiers from every war from the French & Indian to Vietnam, or saying "thee" and "thou" while strapping on armor and beating the crap out of each other with rattan swords. To each their own, I say. No dress-up for me, though. :)

kmartphoto
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM

you show me where to get a poncho like that and I'll do it.

does a Scofield fit the box?

VolGrad
09-18-2012, 12:12 PM
you show me where to get a poncho like that and I'll do it.

does a Scofield fit the box?

Excellent. I'll take pics of you this time.

Dagga Boy
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM
I can confirm that you can conceal a 14" Vang Comp 870 under a big poncho..........bad guys think its cheating, and there is nothing better than the look on their face when it comes out from underneath it. I had a great big Mexican poncho I bought that I used a lot for crime suppression stuff.....and yes, I did feel like Clint:cool:.

MDS
09-18-2012, 04:00 PM
bad guys think its cheating

The acid test of good tactics. Nice! :beer:

Zhurdan
09-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure carrying Erik Estrada around all day to conceal your gun would be very practical.

Oh wait...

NickA
09-18-2012, 04:32 PM
The acid test of good tactics. Nice! :beer:
And all this time I thought good tactics came down to this:

yes, I did feel like Clint:cool:.

;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2