Anyone going?

m91196
09-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Anyone going?

SO here.......

KeeFus
09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
SO here.......

Me too. I gotta work Monday night & wont get there til noon Tuesday. Im looking forward to the week and, as always, Frank has some very good/challenging stages planned.

The weather looks iffy for Tuesday but the remaining days look very nice.

m91196
09-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Me too. I gotta work Monday night & wont get there til noon Tuesday. Im looking forward to the week and, as always, Frank has some very good/challenging stages planned.

Safe travels see you there.....

jetfire
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll be there, shooting SSR in squad 31 Friday/Saturday.

KeeFus
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Preview of Stage 4 courtesy of the DOWN ZERO BLOG...so called "Room 469".

http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/09/15/On-To-Nationals-Preview-of-Stage-4.aspx

Stage 6, "What to do".

http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/09/16/On-To-Nationals-Preview-of-Stage-6.aspx

KeeFus
09-23-2012, 01:37 PM
It says prelim results but I dont think it'll change @ this point.

http://www.idpa.com//matchresults/2012_nationals/2012-09-19.pdf

jlw
09-23-2012, 03:27 PM
It says prelim results but I dont think it'll change @ this point.

http://www.idpa.com//matchresults/2012_nationals/2012-09-19.pdf

Well there's a shock: Miculek won ESR and Vogel won whatever he felt like winning this time... ;)

rsa-otc
09-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Well there's a shock: Miculek won ESR and Vogel won whatever he felt like winning this time... ;)

The fact that Rob & Jerry won their respective Divisions wasn't the shocker; the margin of victory for both was an eye opener. Jerry by almost 100 and the closest to Rob was ESP division winner Mink 32 seconds behind.

Looking at the ESP results was an eye opener as well. Do all those extra high speed modifications (mag wells, extra rounds (CDP vs ESP) stippling, extended releases & etc. really help? With the exception of Mink, The upper level SSP & CDP shooters had better results.

It's making me rethink my idea of trying ESP, going to stick with SSR, SSP & CDP.

jlw
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
The fact that Rob & Jerry won their respective Divisions wasn't the shocker; the margin of victory for both was an eye opener. Jerry by almost 100 and the closest to Rob was CDP division winner Mink 32 seconds behind.

Looking at the ESP results was an eye opener as well. Do all those extra high speed modifications (mag wells, extra rounds (CDP vs ESP) stippling, extended releases & etc. really help? With the exception of Mink, The upper level SSP & CDP shooters had better results.

It's making me rethink my idea of trying ESP, going to stick with SSR, SSP & CDP.

I was being more than a bit sarcastic. I do agree that ESP mods don't really offer a whole lot in the way of improved performance. The only reason I even shot in ESP was that I wanted to classify in all of the divisions, and even then I shot an SSP legal pistol.

m91196
09-24-2012, 08:14 AM
The fact that Rob & Jerry won their respective Divisions wasn't the shocker; the margin of victory for both was an eye opener. Jerry by almost 100 and the closest to Rob was CDP division winner Mink 32 seconds behind.

An overall list would be easier to look at. The SSP master second place time would be 7th in ESP master.
So the guns are probably "better" for the game.
BV could shoot ESP as is or add a mag well and smack everyone so the race is for second place.
Mink or Sevigny could keep him in site if they played this game (more).

rsa-otc
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
I was being more than a bit sarcastic. I do agree that ESP mods don't really offer a whole lot in the way of improved performance. The only reason I even shot in ESP was that I wanted to classify in all of the divisions, and even then I shot an SSP legal pistol.

Oh I know you where being sacastic. The only real competition at the top of the heap was in SSR, CDP and ESP this year. I actually shoot monthly with 2 of the top competitors in CDP & ESP and was interested in those results. Although I must admit I (like many others) have been in awe of Jerry for a LOOOONNNNGGG time and always try to keep track of what he's doing lately.

At one time I gave thought to classifiing in all divisions but I'm going to put that on the back burner until I start shooting Master in at least 2.

KeeFus
09-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Well, I had a good time at the Nationals. Saw a few folks from here as well. The match was well thought out. There were a few DQ's...I witnessed two of them and they were for muzzle violations. Bob Vogel and Jerry M are class acts. Couple of nice guys. Jerry shot the match on Tuesday in the downpour...complete with clear bags over the targets...and still shot a 298.

I was able to finish out well. Back in May I missed CDP/EX by .71 seconds on a classifier. This past week I was able to get the bump, finishing first in CDP/SS. I also received a gift or 2 from IDPA HQ for being an SO. Etched onto the blade is " IDPA 2012 National Championship". Dont know much about the blade other than its made by GLOCK and it's a model 78...one of the ones featured in Combat Handguns this month.

http://i.imgur.com/FI3yk.jpg

gtmtnbiker98
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh I know you where being sacastic. The only real competition at the top of the heap was in SSR, CDP and ESP this year. I actually shoot monthly with 2 of the top competitors in CDP & ESP and was interested in those results. Although I must admit I (like many others) have been in awe of Jerry for a LOOOONNNNGGG time and always try to keep track of what he's doing lately.

At one time I gave thought to classifiing in all divisions but I'm going to put that on the back burner until I start shooting Master in at least 2.I'm good friends with the winner of the SSR MA winner, Kirk is a natural.

jetfire
09-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Kirk totally smoked the rest of us in SSR. He was 20+ seconds ahead of 2nd place, he dropped about half as many points as the rest of us. Just a crazy good bit of shooting.

rsa-otc
09-28-2012, 02:32 PM
A BLOG post of a statistical analysis of the National's results showing that on average there is little difference between the auto divisions. The BLOGer make the arguement to do away with SSP, ESP & CDP. Realy the only level that equipment could be said to make a differance is the marksman classification. After that it is the "Indian and not the arrow".

http://www.balloongoesup.com/blog/2012/09/its-not-the-arrow-its-the-indian-confirmed-by-idpa-nationals/

What are your thoughts?

rsa-otc
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Double post

jlw
09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
A BLOG post of a statistical analysis of the National's results showing that on average there is little difference between the auto divisions. The BLOGer make the arguement to do away with SSP, ESP & CDP. Realy the only level that equipment could be said to make a differance is the marksman classification. After that it is the "Indian and not the arrow".

http://www.balloongoesup.com/blog/2012/09/its-not-the-arrow-its-the-indian-confirmed-by-idpa-nationals/

What are your thoughts?

Semi-autos should be in two divisions with the separater being capacity and power factor: 10+1 & 125 pf in one and 8+1 and 165 in the other. This lets the 1911 crowd still be competitive on a capacity basis.

If the classification system is valid, none of the rest matters.

rsa-otc
09-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Semi-autos should be in two divisions with the separater being capacity and power factor: 10+1 & 125 pf in one and 8+1 and 165 in the other. This lets the 1911 crowd still be competitive on a capacity basis.

I think you have a good idea.

markp
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM

You could do away with classifications and adopt Lewis system like GSSF.

jetfire
09-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The problem with a Lewis system is it doesn't translate well to club level matches and new shooter recruitment.

jlw
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
You could do away with classifications and adopt Lewis system like GSSF.

The problem with a Lewis system is it doesn't translate well to club level matches and new shooter recruitment.

Yes, and I have personally seen an IDPA master/USPSA A class shooter shoot GSSF as an amateur, and I believe he got his three wins in one match to make master. The skill level of GSSF amateur is extremely widely varying, but thanks to the number of random prizes they give out it least stays interesting for folks who stand no prayer of competing against guys like the above.

KeeFus
09-30-2012, 10:46 AM
@ ErnieB. your PM box is full...