PDA

View Full Version : AIM FAST HIT FAST in the May Issue of SWAT Magazine

Prdator
03-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey if you get a chance pick up the May issue of SWAT Magazine there is an article on Todd Green and the OKC OKC Aim Fast Hit Fast of last May.

TAP
03-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Just read the article. Good stuff. Mirrors my experience in the class a few weeks ago.

VolGrad
03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet. Coincidentally, I did just write them a check a minute ago for my renewal. :cool:

ToddG
03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it! Ed called me earlier today and Prdator texted me, too. It'll be next week before I'm back to check the mail.

Prdator
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
It's a good article and could have been a Great Artical had ED talked Some about ME;)
At least I got a pic wile running the timer. :cool:

Ed L
03-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Not sure if this is the right category for the post, but the May 2011 issue of SWAT magazine has an article on Todd & his FAST class. This magazine is just arriving in subscriber's mail and should be on newstands in the next few weeks.

ToddG
03-24-2011, 09:01 PM
http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2007/11/14/IE0210_Southern_Fried_Catfish_lg.jpg

dravz
03-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Articles like this are why I signed up for your September AFHF so early. You're about to explode! We are ground floor, maaaan! :cool:

Ed L
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
The catfish rears it's ugly head.

Todd, will you please confirm to Prdator that I did indeed order the catfish blackened and not fired.

ToddG
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Todd, will you please confirm to Prdator that I did indeed order the catfish blackened and not fired.

Absolutely. That's why it was so funny! You made it very clear when you ordered it, then they brought out the wrong thing. Then they brought out the wrong thing again. Then the manager brought out the wrong thing. It was awesome.

Prdator
03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2007/11/14/IE0210_Southern_Fried_Catfish_lg.jpg

Oh there's my Tarter sauce !! Been waiting on that !!!

This year we'll have the Ed Lawrance fish fry day at AFHF!!

Were Crackerbarrel, You suck and we Hate you:cool:

Ed L
03-24-2011, 10:40 PM
OOps, I forgot that they forgot your tarter sauce, Prdator.

Which reminds me, I need to send you some money to ship my fleece jacket liner back to me--the one I forgot at the Jason Falla class.

Bratch
03-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Absolutely. That's why it was so funny! You made it very clear when you ordered it, then they brought out the wrong thing. Then they brought out the wrong thing again. Then the manager brought out the wrong thing. It was awesome.

Probably the best post class dinner I've attended, I still chuckle when I think about it.

Prdator
03-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Probably the best post class dinner I've attended, I still chuckle when I think about it.

And it had NOTHING to do with the Quality of the food!!

Guy's Todd's coming back this June 24-26 at the OKC gun club.. We'll all go eat after class at Cracker barrel... It'll be " Aawwesome" ;)

LOKNLOD
03-25-2011, 04:19 PM
And it had NOTHING to do with the Quality of the food!!

Guy's Todd's coming back this June 24-26 at the OKC gun club.. We'll all go eat after class at Cracker barrel... It'll be " Aawwesome" ;)

I'll come this time, thereby guaranteeing the most monotonous, run-of-the-mill gathering EVAR. Cool stuff only happens when I'm not around to see it :þ

ubervic
03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey if you get a chance pick up the May issue of SWAT Magazine there is an article on Todd Green and the OKC OKC Aim Fast Hit Fast of last May.

Todd-

Congrats on your continuing & growing success. Keep doing your thing.

Tamara
03-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Awesome! You're bad and nationwide! :)

VolGrad
04-06-2011, 06:27 AM
So have all you subscribers already received this issue?

I have not yet received mine but can't recall around what date of the month they usually come. I don't know if it's late or just not here yet.

Ifightcrime
04-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I was lucky enough to get my copy before I went to the Aim Fast Hit Fast class this past weekend. Now I'm the proud owner of an autographed copy :).

Todd thanks again for the great class. I look forward to more training with you in the future.

Stay Sharp & Stay Safe!

Sent using Tapatalk

NickA
04-06-2011, 09:34 AM
It was amazing how good the service was once they knew were eating with THE Todd Green!
Let us know when your autographed copy hits ebay ;)

Ifightcrime
04-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I should have brought to our extended lunch the first day..... ;)

Stay Sharp & Stay Safe!

SmokeJumper
04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Just read the article, good stuff. Now, how to get it autographed??? LOL Good job with the write-up!

Prdator
04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Now, how to get it autographed???

Just find a class of Todd's that you can make and sign up!!!!!!!
Better hurry though!! TLG Famous now:cool:

TCinVA
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Just read the article, good stuff. Now, how to get it autographed???

We would be forced to show you absolutely no mercy. :D

David
04-08-2011, 02:22 AM
I just got my issue tonight. I haven't had time to read it yet but it looks promising. As a side note; I have no idea why but every time I go to the Barnes & Noble magazine section it's full of teenagers making out or texting. I'm completely serious, it's like walking into some sort of hedonistic androgynous metro-sexual orgy.

VolGrad
04-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Mine came last night too. Can't wait to read the article.

JHC
04-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Good article. Much more meat than many survey aar pieces.

SmokeJumper
04-09-2011, 12:47 AM
We would be forced to show you absolutely no mercy. :D

Just the way I like it!

VolGrad
04-09-2011, 08:44 AM
I got to pull out the magazine over Scotch and Cigars last night and show some buddies "the guy I took my last class with". They were impressed. One said he "had seen that guy on YouTube" and that he was amazing.
:o

JodyH
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I just got my issue tonight. I haven't had time to read it yet but it looks promising. As a side note; I have no idea why but every time I go to the Barnes & Noble magazine section it's full of teenagers making out or texting. I'm completely serious, it's like walking into some sort of hedonistic androgynous metro-sexual orgy.
About 6 months ago I found a dead guy in Barnes & Noble.
He was in the Starbucks lounge area and looked asleep.
When I took a closer look his skin tone was pale grayish/blue.
Yup... dead as a doornail.
He was an elderly guy with an oxygen bottle so it's not like he was in prime health.
But it's still a little odd to be the first person to notice a dead guy in the middle of a busy store.
The lady sitting behind him freaked out.

David
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
He was an elderly guy with an oxygen bottle so it's not like he was in prime health.
But it's still a little odd to be the first person to notice a dead guy in the middle of a busy store.

Was he reading anything in particular? In today's society I wouldn't really be so shocked no one noticed, he should have tweeted someone in there for assistance. Sad story though. :(

ubervic
04-09-2011, 04:15 PM

just WOW

JodyH
04-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Was he reading anything in particular? In today's society I wouldn't really be so shocked no one noticed, he should have tweeted someone in there for assistance. Sad story though. :(
When I started talking real loud to the guy and feeling for a pulse is when the oblivious people around him started freaking out.
The guy was cool to the touch, pale gray/blue, very elderly and had an oxygen bottle/mask.
He obviously died a quiet painless death because he was still sitting upright and the people 3' away never heard him make a noise.
One guy asked if we should do CPR, and I just told him he could do what he wanted but if it was me who died under the same circumstance I'd just want to stay dead.
My wife called 911 and went to get a store manager (who freaked the fuck out).
I don't blame the manager for freaking, I'm sure his employee manual didn't cover dead people in Starbucks on a busy Saturday afternoon.

JV_
04-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Please keep this on topic.

Ed L
04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
I first noticed Todd a few years ago online and agreed with just about everything he had to say. His posts were always always well thought out and well explained. I also enjoyed the way he defended his views and pointed out flaws in other people's positions.

Then he started offering his class to the public. I liked what I had read about them, so I asked the editor of SWAT if I could do an article on Todd, as I had done articles on various other people in the firearms training industry.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the AFHF class, and the whole project of doing an article on it. He covered an amazing amount of info in the class on everything from shooting to guns in general, to defensive use, etc.

NickA
04-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Local Borders STILL doesn't have it, but flipping through the April issue there was an article about DTI. So in two issues they've covered the only two instructors I've trained with- guess I'll be subscribing.

VolGrad
04-14-2011, 10:25 AM
....- guess I'll be subscribing.
You won't regret it. It's more expensive than other mags but worth it for sure. In fact, I let ALL my other mag scrips go. SWAT is literally the ONLY magazine I subscribe to now.

ToddG
04-15-2011, 12:15 AM
SWAT is literally the ONLY magazine I subscribe to now.

Ditto. The quality of articles and authors is generally far above most other gunzines.

VolGrad
04-15-2011, 06:44 AM
The quality of articles and authors is generally far above most other advertisements.

FIFY

WobblyPossum
04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Well you guys sold me. Subscribed yesterday. I'm looking forward to the article.

Ed L
04-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks, guys. When I wrote my first article for SWAT, a review of the FS2000, the editor's directive was: "with warts and all." I made sure to mention functionality problems I had with that gun, as well as those I encountered with other guns, like the American AUG clones from MSAR and TPD, both of which had to go back to the factory. Other SWAT authors have exhibitted the same honesty, including one who described the new Benelli M4 as "being designed by chimpanzees for use by gorillas," while another suggested that the Taurus Judge needs to be voted out of office, as well as numerous issues with the LWRC piston ARs that earned them numerous trips back to the factory, a Nighthawk 1911 that did not run reliably from the factory, etc.

SWAT also covers more training classes than all of the other firearms publications put together. This isn't much of a stretch, as most other firearms publications don't cover training. I've been privileged to train with and do articles for SWAT on Spartan Tactical, Larry Vickers, Magpul Dynamics, Jason Falla, Pat Rogers, ISR Matrix, Paul Gomez, and Jeff Gonzales.

LOKNLOD
04-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Saw the article today, nice job Ed.

Every time I take a class, you come write an article about it. I'm afraid one of these days you're going to do a "Training Mistakes to Avoid" article and suddenly have a use for the backlog of pictures with me in them :cool:

Ed L
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Saw the article today, nice job Ed.

Thanks.

Every time I take a class, you come write an article about it. I'm afraid one of these days you're going to do a "Training Mistakes to Avoid" article and suddenly have a use for the backlog of pictures with me in them :cool:

I'm afraid if I ever did a "training mistakes to avoid" article I would likely be the star of it--and not in a good way.

S.W.A.T. Magazine
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Just in case you haven't been able to find S.W.A.T. Magazine on the newsstand and haven't yet subscribed, here's a link to an online version of the article, gratis. Enjoy (http://bit.ly/h7Kfwp)!

John Ralston
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the link - I have not been able to find it here in town.

johnson
04-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I went to go look for the May issue today and found out that June is already out. Thanks for the link!

Ed, I think you did indeed order the fried catfish. Why else would they bring it out 3 times? :confused:

Ed L
04-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Just in case you haven't been able to find S.W.A.T. Magazine on the newsstand and haven't yet subscribed, here's a link to an online version of the article, gratis. Enjoy (http://bit.ly/h7Kfwp)!

Denny, is that you?

Thanks, I am now digital.

Ed L
04-28-2011, 05:45 PM
I went to go look for the May issue today and found out that June is already out. Thanks for the link!

Ed, I think you did indeed order the fried catfish. Why else would they bring it out 3 times? :confused:

Hi, Johnson,

I am still convinced that someone set me up with the catfish.

On another note, was this one your malfunctions, where somehow the ejected case wound up in the magazine backwards. This was one of the strangest malfunctions I have seen.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/edagain/wierdround3.jpg

LOKNLOD
04-28-2011, 08:59 PM
On another note, was this one your malfunctions, where somehow the ejected case wound up in the magazine backwards. This was one of the strangest malfunctions I have seen.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/edagain/wierdround3.jpg

That was me. During a FAST run, no less!

ETA: lest anyone asks, I think the grass in the feed lips is from dropping the mag during clearance, not part of the original malf.

--Josh H.
"Murphy is my copilot"

jar
05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Have you ever seen that happen before? I'm having a hard time figuring out how that is even possible. You didn't let a friend load a mag for you, did you?

ToddG
05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't have believed if it I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.