PDA

View Full Version : Glock 10 Rd. Magazine Floor Plate Removal

Seven_Sicks_Two
09-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Any suggestions for removing the floor plates on Glock 10 rd. magazines? I've tried the methods outlined in the armorer's manual (push magazine insert with punch, squeeze sides, etc.). I can't seem to push the punch in deep enough to compress the sides of the magazine. It seems to me that the mag insert is hitting the metal liner of the magazine. The only time I've ever removed a floor plate before was on a LE buddy's standard cap mag and I don't remember it being this difficult. Do i just need to man up and push harder? I've already bent a Glock disassembly tool trying it...

Thanks in advance...

P.S. Feel free to berate me if it really just is an issue of me being a sissy :D

Slavex
09-15-2012, 02:55 AM
the 10 rounders suck big time. I usually end up using a pair of expanding jaw pliers to squeeze the mag body while pushing in the locking plate. Then once I get the baseplate off I trim off the tabs from the mag body so I never need worry about it again. there is also a cool tool available for helping, can't remember the name right now.

Seven_Sicks_Two
09-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Slavex, I've seen the tool around. I wonder if it is actually worth the money. I talked to a buddy that is a Glock armorer, he stated that he normally throws them in a vise to squeeze the sides together. I was hoping there was an easier answer... but so far the consensus seems to be that its normal for it to be this difficult. For the guys that are able to own unrestricted magazines - Are those fairly easy to disassemble, or am I just suffering from a selective memory?

Slavex
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Full capacity mags are way easier to work with.
I know a bunch of people that ordered the tool for the mags, they love em. Couple od them are armors for their PD so they use them a lot, even on full capacity ones.