PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever cut down Vang Comp shotgun cards?

NoLock
07-19-2022, 11:57 AM
I'd like four or two round cards. I swear I've seen pictures of shorter ones but I can't find them anywhere online.

If cutting them down isn't possible what's the next best brand option?

Esstac, brown coat tactical, soe gear?

LHS
07-19-2022, 12:54 PM
They occasionally make shorter ones. I've got both 3- and 4-round versions. They keep the full backer though, so as to protect the velcro plate on the receiver from getting all funky. Give them a ping and see if they've got any sitting around in the back of the shop.

kwb377
07-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Not Vang Comp, but I've trimmed 5 and 6 round EssTac cards down to 4 rounds without issue. Sharp scissors/shears for the webbing, lighter to seal the edge.

Brian T
07-20-2022, 12:51 PM
I did, out of necessity. My rescue pittie/pointer mix pup stole my full size cards off my desk and chewed into two of the loops.

I used a fairly sharp knife, not razor sharp, and heated it up on a burner to cut it. Works great!

mcgrubbs
08-18-2022, 10:15 AM
EssTac makes four round cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08-22-2022, 09:58 AM
Seems doable. I had some spares, I wanted them shorter. Used scissors for the elastic, tin snips for the backer because there is a kydex stiffener in it. Melted the ends so it hopefully doesn’t start fraying. We will see how long it holds together.

titsonritz
09-01-2022, 09:46 PM
EssTac makes four round cards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, they make 4, 5, 6 and 7 round cards.

O.S.O.E. makes a 2 rounder, no idea what he is like to deal with these days.

titsonritz
09-01-2022, 09:48 PM
Seems doable. I had some spares, I wanted them shorter. Used scissors for the elastic, tin snips for the backer because there is a kydex stiffener in it. Melted the ends so it hopefully doesn’t start fraying. We will see how long it holds together.

The sensible thing to do would be to cut that forend not the shotgun card. :p

09-01-2022, 09:52 PM
The sensible thing to do would be to cut that forend not the shotgun card. :p

Yeah, but then we wouldn’t have a test bed for trimmed Vang cards. 😁😁

LHS
09-02-2022, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but then we wouldn’t have a test bed for trimmed Vang cards. 😁😁

And I've seen smaller (or shorter-armed) students that really need that extra-long forend to operate the gun effectively without having to blade their stance off. Sometimes that's the compromise that has to be made.

NoLock
11-08-2022, 10:03 PM
From their instagram comments looks like VC is getting the shorter ones in. :cool:

11-09-2022, 09:31 AM
From their instagram comments looks like VC is getting the shorter ones in. :cool:

That is the word. Hopefully they are actually shorter and not just fewer loops on the same size backer like they have done before. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I am in need of a couple Vang cards, but have been holding off to see what comes in.

LHS
11-09-2022, 12:20 PM
That is the word. Hopefully they are actually shorter and not just fewer loops on the same size backer like they have done before. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I am in need of a couple Vang cards, but have been holding off to see what comes in.

They're fewer loops on the same size backer, so as to protect the velcro on the mount. If you want to cut one of those down to fit a smaller swatch of velcro on the receiver, you could probably do that and then flame-seal the cut end or something.

marcin
11-11-2022, 02:40 AM
Now if only they would get their mounting kits for the 870 in so that I could actually put these on my gun... seems like those are perpetually out of stock. I don't want to have to deal with velcro falling off my receiver again at a most inconvenient time.

11-11-2022, 10:53 AM
5 and 3 round cards are up on the Vang website now. I picked up a couple of the 5 round cards.

https://www.vangcomp.com/product/5-shell-spare-carrier/