PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling shoes.

Cory
07-17-2022, 06:17 PM
I need to get a pair, and I know nothing about them. I couldnt even find a pair to try on. I went to Gainesville, and even there couldnt find a pair to try. Hibbett sports was recommended to me, but they didnt have any. Dick's didnt have any. Another sports store... same result. I don't want to play constant return games on Amazon....

I need them for about 10 months and afterwords I dont know if they'll be used again. My thought is that cheaper is probably better because of the short term use. Am I wrong there? Whats a good place to start? Any brands to outright avoid?

Thanks.

holmes168
07-17-2022, 08:00 PM
Check your local Academy sports and get Asics- only brand worth getting IMO.

Duces Tecum
07-17-2022, 08:31 PM
Cory

I wear an 11 or 12 wrestling shoe. I can send you a used pair if you think they'll fit.
PM me your address.

Duces

Cory
07-18-2022, 05:54 AM
Cory

I wear an 11 or 12 wrestling shoe. I can send you a used pair if you think they'll fit.
PM me your address.

Duces

I really appreciate it, but I wear 9.5 or 10 in most shoes. For instance my running shoes are Asics size 9.5. My boots in the Army were Rocky size 10.

I'll try to see if there is an Academy Sports near me.

Cory
07-27-2022, 01:18 PM
I bought this pair of Asics Matflex 6. They got here today.

I wear 9.5 running shoes from asics, so I got 10s for the wrestling shoe. They fit.

I've never worn a wrestling shoe in my life. The ankle is like a bball shoe, the foot is like an ace wrap. The sole is cardboard thin but feels durable and really grippy.

I thought they would be more black. The program I'm looking at specified black... but I had tremendous time finding anything that looked decent. Hopefully they fit the bill, as the program seems pretty lax over all.

Are wrestling shoes common in combatives training of the roadshow variety?

Totem Polar
07-27-2022, 02:17 PM
Are wrestling shoes common in combatives training of the roadshow variety?

In my somewhat limited experience, yes.

Have fun with the class!