PDA

View Full Version : BubiX Bro, the next Glock Killer

Jim Watson
05-24-2022, 02:44 PM
Wilhelm Bubits, previously employed by Glock, Steyr, and Caracal, now has his own line of guns.
The BubiX Bro
https://bubix-arms.com

Looks about the size of a G26.

ccmdfd
05-24-2022, 03:54 PM
Well they do say that things come in 3's.

Has it even been a week since we learned about the new Beretta, the new FN, and now this?

Lex Luthier
05-24-2022, 03:56 PM
I like it! It looks like something Gereon Rath would draw from inside his greatcoat.

I wonder how smooth the release on the grip safety is; that could be a huge advantage. One can easily loosen the grip of one's second finger while still retaining a grip with the bottom two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VltWEHLvt18&t=1s

Here is the video from the web page. (No english captions, unfortunately.) it looks like a neat development.

Can it pass GCA-68 rules to be sold here in the US?

P30 - have you seen these in Germany yet?

RevolverRob
05-24-2022, 04:03 PM
I like the grip safety idea.

Don't care about a 'lockable storage holster', that the gun comes in 7-colors, or that it has a little detachable dingus for the butt.

Any 'Glock Killa' should run on Glock mags, should come standard with real night sights at least.

Also,

Bro, bro, bro - have you seen the new 9mm Bro? Seriously bro, the Bro is the next big thing, bro.

TheNewbie
05-24-2022, 04:23 PM
I like the grip safety idea.

Don't care about a 'lockable storage holster', that the gun comes in 7-colors, or that it has a little detachable dingus for the butt.

Any 'Glock Killa' should run on Glock mags, should come standard with real night sights at least.

Also,

Bro, bro, bro - have you seen the new 9mm Bro? Seriously bro, the Bro is the next big thing, bro.

Grip safety does look neat, but how well would it work with a poor grip?

The updated XDs grip safety and EZ shield grip safety can be activated with a less the ideal grip. Too bad they are on the wrong guns.

JonInWA
05-24-2022, 04:25 PM
Soon to be followed, no doubt, by the BubiX Dude....

Or the BubiXL BigBro...

Best, Jon

Dave Williams
05-24-2022, 04:32 PM
I’m not so sure about Glock Killer, I think the 320 may have done that.

Clusterfrack
05-24-2022, 04:37 PM
My buddy got a Caracal to T&E. We broke it in under 1000 rounds.

YVK
05-24-2022, 04:45 PM
Because pins protruding outta top of a slide are good things.

P30
05-24-2022, 04:46 PM
P30 - have you seen these in Germany yet?
No, I haven't seen this pocket rocket here.

Little explanation: Most civilian gun owners in Germany are sport shooters and use full-size pistols of the 1911 or CZ75 kind, i.e. pistols optimized for shooting, not optimized for carrying. We are not allowed to carry concealed guns, we are only allowed to transport our guns in a locked container to the shooting range. Already my P30 is very small for this use case. Smaller pistols are nearly non-existent here (only a few hunters carry them in the forest).

spyderco monkey
05-24-2022, 04:58 PM
https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shooting/pistols/bubix-bro-subcompact-pistol-in-three-calibers/bubix-bro-subcompact-pistol-9mm.jpg

Solid overview here:

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shooting/pistols/bubix-bro-subcompact-pistol-in-three-calibers/

Gun looks cool; name is absurd.

RJ
05-24-2022, 05:00 PM
"Hans, Bubi; I'm your white knight!!" Sorry, it just came to me. :cool:

Glock killa...idk. My German is a little rusty, but: No optic slide? Slim 12+1 I gather? Eh I dunno. What does it do that a P365X doesn't do better?

HeavyDuty
05-24-2022, 05:05 PM

Or the BubiXL BigBro...

Best, Jon

Is the pink one a BubiX Biotch?

HeavyDuty
05-24-2022, 05:07 PM
I’m not seeing anything that would make me consider one over a G26, or a Walther P99c for that matter.

TiroFijo
05-24-2022, 05:07 PM

Or the BubiXL BigBro...

Best, Jon

And then the BubiXXL Bubba in God's Caliber 45 ACP

Thy.Will.Be.Done
05-24-2022, 05:35 PM
For people who like to squeeze cock... I see this selling well.

Lex Luthier
05-24-2022, 05:41 PM
And then the BubiXXL Bubba in God's Caliber 45 ACP

I can hear you saying that in a credible southwestern US accent. <golf clap>

El Cid
05-24-2022, 05:57 PM
Sorry. I consider grip safeties:
- dumb
- added unnecessary complication
- liability for injured shooters
- dumb

DaBigBR
05-24-2022, 06:03 PM
Are we really still using the phrase "Glock Killer." There have been a lot of "Glock Killers" and yet Glock is still building and selling mountains of guns.

Polecat
05-24-2022, 06:09 PM
Locking mechanism of Taurus TS9, G4, Mako R7. The original hi cap thin mag design from original caracal subcompact never released, but had mag spring that wound down onitself collapsing very flat to offer more capacity, beat sig on design!

Goofy name, poor aesthetic not for me.

Caballoflaco
05-24-2022, 06:36 PM
Releasing a new pistol design in 2022 that doesn’t include some sort of optic mounting option from the factory is insta-fail.

BehindBlueI's
05-24-2022, 06:44 PM
I'll forget this exists shortly after clicking out of this thread. I suspect it will land on the trash heap of so many other Glock killahs that didn't.

Lost River
05-24-2022, 07:24 PM
The real Glock killer will probably be a stroke, or heart disease...

Totem Polar
05-24-2022, 07:45 PM
The real Glock killer will probably be a stroke, or heart disease...

Or a younger spouse.

That said, bonus points for bobi dude releasing this thing in big Mak caliber. Very hipster.

ccmdfd
05-24-2022, 07:50 PM
"Hans, Bubi; I'm your white knight!!"

I must have missed 60 Minutes.

Irelander
05-24-2022, 10:38 PM
No SCD? Forget about it!

gc70
05-24-2022, 10:47 PM
I saw a European article about the pistol around year-end. The article showed the manual safety, so the forward-facing grip safety is an interesting innovation. The article also did not show the takedown mechanism.

camsdaddy
05-25-2022, 06:33 AM
They sure have a lot of models and "features". Im glad they went with a copy Glocks highly thought of rear sights. These are more of a box in a bucket than a ball in the bucket but otherwise pretty close. Three calibers in one is interesting. A grip safety and ambidextrous controls. I think the Broguard is going to be the feature that wins many over. I almost wonder if this isn't a Babylon bee type release.

TiroFijo
05-25-2022, 07:03 AM
Or a younger spouse.

That said, bonus points for bobi dude releasing this thing in big Mak caliber. Very hipster.

Hipster indeed :D

Are there still people that believe that a .365" 95 gr bullet at 1,000 fps is really any better than a .355" 95 gr one at 950 fps?

Darth_Uno
05-25-2022, 08:43 AM
Are we really still using the phrase "Glock Killer." There have been a lot of "Glock Killers" and yet Glock is still building and selling mountains of guns.

The problem with "Glock killers" or other "game changers" is it's damn hard to bring the giant down. Sure there's better handguns than Glocks, and better long guns than AR's. But those platforms are prolific, and pretty good as they are. You can debate minutiae and even make a case that Y is better than X, or you can just grab a Glock 19 and DDM4 and go about your day.

MattyD380
05-25-2022, 11:56 AM
It looks like the Kimber Mako.

It also uses the "over the chamber" locking lugs, which--I think--was/is a Bubits-designed feature.

I remember recently seeing some patent for a(nother) FN carry pistol that used a similar setup. I like interesting gun designs. But what's the advantage of that kinda lockup?

JonInWA
05-25-2022, 12:36 PM
Bubits keeps on popping up, kind of like Wiley Coyote-a safe/failed/flawed design falls on him, and he's like Wack-A-Mole...

I had one of the original Steyr M40s; it had some great features, I preferred it to my Glock G23, but ultimately it had enough ejection/extraction issues that caused it to be banished. I suspect that the current Steyr A2 MF is probably a pretty decent gun, but unless I was to fall into one I really can't come up with a coherent reason to dive into one. I can't think of anyone here on p-f that's shooting one.

The production of one variant chambered in 9mm Makarov actually makes sense for European marketing purposes, as apparently huge stocks of the cartridges are on hand in Eastern European nations, including Ukraine, whose current issue pistol looks like a CZ clone of sorts chambered in it (apparently Ukranian Tier One type units use Glocks, I believe G17s).

Ok, back on topic: Even if Bubits' current iteration is viable, durable, and reliable (which historically has been, shall we say, a bit of a weak point with Bubits' designs and executions...), I can't think of a good reason to justify purchasing one, along with the necessary required support gear (magazines, holster, etc.) over my current Glocks, HKs and SIG.

I'd much rather dabble with Beretta's new revised APX A1, whose A1 variant seems to be a genuine improvement over an already pretty decent gun. But these days I'm doing the Responsible, Adult, Mature thing-concentrating on what I've got, training, ammunition and matches for skill burnishing and improvements. I quite simply don't see any of these new platforms intrinsically providing any significant improvements over what I've got to justify the expenditure of discretionary income. And having to run things by the Wife Review Board for approval, with a straight face to justify...

Best, Jon

spyderco monkey
05-26-2022, 02:11 AM
The problem with "Glock killers" or other "game changers" is it's damn hard to bring the giant down. Sure there's better handguns than Glocks, and better long guns than AR's. But those platforms are prolific, and pretty good as they are. You can debate minutiae and even make a case that Y is better than X, or you can just grab a Glock 19 and DDM4 and go about your day.

The infrastructure for Glock is what makes it really unbeatable. Mags, sights, holsters, etc.

To have a credible 'Glock Killer' one would need to, at a minimum, be able to use Glock mags and Glock sights. And then have a better trigger, ergos, and RDS mount.

Something like a Walther PDP that takes Glock mags.

Even then it wouldnt really be a 'Glock Killer,' so much as a clear second place holder that crushes the other competing designs. PDP that takes $20 glock mags would likely smother the CZ P10/SIG 320/XD/M&P/Berretta/FN market.

Sort of like a Samsung Galaxy wont dethrone the iphone, but can kill off most of the other phone designs.

Chuck Whitlock
06-01-2022, 09:12 AM
https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shooting/pistols/bubix-bro-subcompact-pistol-in-three-calibers/bubix-bro-subcompact-pistol-9mm.jpg

Solid overview here:

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shooting/pistols/bubix-bro-subcompact-pistol-in-three-calibers/

Gun looks cool; name is absurd.

Man...tough room. You guys are harsh. For one, no where in their literature do they claim to be a "Glock Killer", but we seem to slap that label on every new SFA poly pistol that shows up. And of course they fall short of that...some far short.

The name is absurd. But I'll kind of give a pass to a foreigner attempting to appeal to American culture. From the linked article:

Benjamin Bubits explains the general design and naming: "Why is the pistol the way it is? To start with its name: 'Bro', which is American slang and an abbreviation for 'brother'. Here the name symbolizes that the gun is like the protector who is actually there when his help is needed.

From the owner's manual "- TAKE YOUR BEST FRIEND WITH YOU!"

I can appreciate what he's trying to do. It just comes out lame.

The article also names one feature as being a double-action trigger, and the manual states that the striker is partially tensioned.

I don't think that it's going to put any other manufacturer out of business, but it might be a decent choice....time will tell.

Oh...did no one else notice that it was available in P-F Orange?!? Where is the group buy thread already?? :D

Clusterfrack
06-01-2022, 11:26 AM
Good points all around. One thing I like about this design is a steeper Glock-like grip angle. This is one of the reasons I like CZ so much.

Man...tough room. You guys are harsh. For one, no where in their literature do they claim to be a "Glock Killer", but we seem to slap that label on every new SFA poly pistol that shows up. And of course they fall short of that...some far short.

The name is absurd. But I'll kind of give a pass to a foreigner attempting to appeal to American culture. From the linked article:

Benjamin Bubits explains the general design and naming: "Why is the pistol the way it is? To start with its name: 'Bro', which is American slang and an abbreviation for 'brother'. Here the name symbolizes that the gun is like the protector who is actually there when his help is needed.

From the owner's manual "- TAKE YOUR BEST FRIEND WITH YOU!"

I can appreciate what he's trying to do. It just comes out lame.

The article also names one feature as being a double-action trigger, and the manual states that the striker is partially tensioned.

I don't think that it's going to put any other manufacturer out of business, but it might be a decent choice....time will tell.

Oh...did no one else notice that it was available in P-F Orange?!? Where is the group buy thread already?? :D

Polecat
06-01-2022, 12:15 PM
I had a BB6 for a while overall nice, just zero support, slide had similar shape, lockup similar, trigger similar. The Taurus TS9 not avaiable in states for some reason is a bubbits design too, as is some of the TX22. I would try one, that is not saying anything as I like to try em all.

balance
06-01-2022, 03:11 PM
It looks to me like that grip safety doubles as the drop safety, since it blocks the trigger until depressed, and there is no lever-in-trigger design there.

I can see an issue here if someone puts on a grip sleeve, not knowing this, and then drops the pistol.

LittleLebowski
06-01-2022, 04:34 PM
Nope.

Kyle Reese
06-01-2022, 05:52 PM
These will be $199 on CDNN six months after release.

kwb377
06-01-2022, 08:07 PM
"Why is the pistol the way it is? To start with its name: 'Bro', which is American slang and an abbreviation for 'brother'.[/I]

So...this gun draws dicks on your face in Sharpie when you fall asleep on the couch?

Bucky
06-02-2022, 04:39 AM

To have a credible 'Glock Killer' one would need to, at a minimum, be able to use Glock mags and Glock sights…..

While there are many pros to the Glock magazines in full size pistols, there is a big disadvantage to the design in slimline pistols, so no it shouldn’t use Glock magazines IMHO.