PDA

View Full Version : P365x vs. xl

Hstanton1
05-20-2022, 07:32 AM
Hey all,

I’m looking at picking up one of these two options with the intent of running a pretty capable (compared to my usual g45) small pistol that can be worn in an enigma below the belt line if necessary. I’m looking at either a p365xl, a p365x, or a p365x with a PMM comp on it.

My question is, how different is the recoil impulse between the larger xl and the x model? I generally like a longer grip and shorter slide, but have no experience with that combo in the size range of the p365. Similarly, if anyone has experience with a comped p365x regarding reliability, I’d like to hear about it. I know the recoil impulse on that setup would likely be a non issue, but reliability especially with only one hand on the gun might be.

RJ
05-20-2022, 07:47 AM
Owned both, there’s no perceptible difference for me.

fatdog
05-20-2022, 07:56 AM
Currently own both, what RJ said, I cannot tell a difference and nothing that shows up in my splits. I prefer the XL but that is just about IWB carry ergos in my case.

GJM
05-20-2022, 08:05 AM
My fav shooting upper is an X with a PMM comp/barrel, and fav lower grip is a Wilson XL although the 365 grip conceals better. 407K.

JCN
05-20-2022, 08:09 AM
Owned both, there’s no perceptible difference for me.

Currently own both, what RJ said, I cannot tell a difference and nothing that shows up in my splits. I prefer the XL but that is just about IWB carry ergos in my case.

I think most people won’t be able to tell a difference.

There is a perceptible difference with slide speed, impact and slide tracking.

It won’t matter for most people’s shooting ability.

The comp will take away some weak ammo or limp wrist margin if you use the stock recoil spring.

Hstanton1
05-20-2022, 08:11 AM
My fav shooting upper is an X with a PMM comp/barrel, and fav lower grip is a Wilson XL although the 365 grip conceals better. 407K.

That looks like a great setup.

Is the difference in concealment from the added thickness of the Wilson grip, or something to do with the way the butt is shaped?

Hstanton1
05-20-2022, 08:13 AM
I think most people won’t be able to tell a difference.

There is a perceptible difference with slide speed, impact and slide tracking.

It won’t matter for most people’s shooting ability.

The comp will take away some weak ammo or limp wrist margin if you use the stock recoil spring.

Realistically I won’t be taking this thing much beyond .25 splits

GJM
05-20-2022, 08:25 AM
That looks like a great setup.

Is the difference in concealment from the added thickness of the Wilson grip, or something to do with the way the butt is shaped?

My wife thinks, on her small frame, the OEM grip conceals slightly better than the Wilson due to the palm swell. We both like shooting the Wilson because of the palm swell and better traction from the texturing.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
05-20-2022, 08:32 AM
My wife thinks, on her small frame, the OEM grip conceals slightly better than the Wilson due to the palm swell. We both like shooting the Wilson because of the palm swell and better traction from the texturing.

How does the texture ride against bare skin? Does it tear up undershirts or overshirts?

JCN
05-20-2022, 08:47 AM
Realistically I won’t be taking this thing much beyond .25 splits

I think the X is the most versatile and my personal preferred carry configuration.

From an effectiveness standpoint, the True barrel and AC compensator is superior to the PMM but it is a little longer than the XL length of the PMM.

0.15 resonant splits on the AC.

https://youtu.be/ywNj6e-Fu7Y

You can do those kind of splits with an X but it’s not easy or as reproducible.

https://youtu.be/jVr0NWdz-Ww

Slow motion of the various P365 configurations here.

https://youtu.be/lF4DYb1iYwo

Basically you can’t go wrong with anything so get the configuration you will likely carry.

GJM
05-20-2022, 09:20 AM
How does the texture ride against bare skin? Does it tear up undershirts or overshirts?

Doesn't bother me or my clothing.

JCN
05-20-2022, 10:23 AM

The nice thing about the Wilson is that the aggressive texture is basically only on the front and rear backstraps. The sides are less grippy than other grips but it works well.

Hstanton1
05-20-2022, 10:49 AM
Can anyone compare the Wilson P365xl grip to a Boresight solutions grip with Razorback?

JCN
05-20-2022, 11:09 AM
Can anyone compare the Wilson P365xl grip to a Boresight solutions grip with Razorback?

I like the Wilson better ergonomically.
When you factor in price, there’s no contest (for me).

I retired my Razorback and am full Wilson for goofing off with P365s.

I still use an OEM grip for carry (because slimmer).

vandal
05-20-2022, 11:23 AM

I stuck with the Razorback to increase the front to back distance which is better for my XL hands/trigger finger position. Wilson seemed more round which is not good for me.

Maca
05-20-2022, 02:27 PM
I prefer the grip on the spectre comp over the Wilson. the more aggressive texture on the comp really locks in, while keeping the slim profile of the oem grip.

I have xl hands and don’t notice the lack of palm swells at all.

Hstanton1
05-20-2022, 03:43 PM
Sounds like I’ll need to try both the Razorback and the Wilson grip modules. I’d like to keep it pretty slim since the goal is to be able to drop it below the belt, but the price point of the Wilson and it’s apparent improvements over the stock module are hard to ignore.

JCN
05-20-2022, 06:44 PM
Sounds like I’ll need to try both the Razorback and the Wilson grip modules. I’d like to keep it pretty slim since the goal is to be able to drop it below the belt, but the price point of the Wilson and it’s apparent improvements over the stock module are hard to ignore.

I can loan you a Razorback to try out if you like.

Hstanton1
05-20-2022, 08:19 PM
I really appreciate that man!

Once I pick up a p365x I’ll get in touch with you and take you up on that.

Kyle Reese
05-23-2022, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I ordered a SIG P365XL from Proven Outfitters as a summer carry gun.

It’ll be carried in the PHLster Enigma under summer clothing. I’m also ordering a Holosun 507K today. The XL is very appealing to me because it offers me the ability to have a 12+1 pistol under gym clothes and have a 15 round reload on tap if desired.

Stuff is getting more dangerous out there and I don’t want to wear bulky long pants and an extra shirt to hide a duty sized 9mm every time I leave the house, nor do I want to rely on a 5 shot J-Frame in a pants pocket. I think that this is a happy medium for my defensive needs and lifestyle.

More to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hstanton1
05-23-2022, 03:25 PM

It’ll be carried in the PHLster Enigma under summer clothing. I’m also ordering a Holosun 507K today. The XL is very appealing to me because it offers me the ability to have a 12+1 pistol under gym clothes and have a 15 round reload on tap if desired.

Stuff is getting more dangerous out there and I don’t want to wear bulky long pants and an extra shirt to hide a duty sized 9mm every time I leave the house, nor do I want to rely on a 5 shot J-Frame in a pants pocket. I think that this is a happy medium for my defensive needs and lifestyle.

More to follow.

This is pretty much where I’m at. I want the most capable small pistol I can get, so that I can more easily have it just about everywhere.

Up1911Fan
05-23-2022, 08:28 PM

More to follow.

Exactly where I'm at. Still mainly carry my G19/508T/TLR-7A, but not so much in the summer. Have a pair of XL's and an Enigma set up. Was going to get a 507K as a placeholder, but am holding out for the EPS carry.

Hstanton1
05-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Ordered a p365x with a holosun 407k and an extra mag from Boresight solutions, pretty nice that they sell a complete package like that.

Was unsure on holster length, ordered a phlster skeleton for the xl figuring it should still be short enough to go under the belt line. Hopefully I’ll have the whole thing together and in an enigma late next week.

Kyle Reese
05-26-2022, 08:21 AM
Ordered a p365x with a holosun 407k and an extra mag from Boresight solutions, pretty nice that they sell a complete package like that.

Was unsure on holster length, ordered a phlster skeleton for the xl figuring it should still be short enough to go under the belt line. Hopefully I’ll have the whole thing together and in an enigma late next week.

Nice. Everything has arrived for my XL- extra mags, PHLster holster shell for the Enigma, my 407K X2 and I'll probably pick up the pistol tomorrow, time permitting.

ECK
05-26-2022, 10:00 AM
In the past I’ve been guilty of chasing the latest hotness in carry guns. I have to say, every since I went to the 365XL I’ve kinda settled down.

It’s not just the compact form and slimness, which for me translates into ease of carrying AIWB even while driving. The little gun shoots pretty good. I did have to add a Hogue grip sleeve (in stock form it was just a little too small to get a good grip) but fortunately that did not detract from being able to carry it under a T-shirt.

Every now and then I’ll shoot that gun in an IDPA or outlaw CCW match for sh!ts and grins.

365XL w/ HS407K
Vedder AIWB holster w/ yoga block pad
Spare 15-rnder in JMCK AIWB mag pouch

D-der
05-26-2022, 10:50 AM
I've been on a similar edc carousel for about 30 years
and always wound up back to a 4.25" 1911, until I picked
up the 365 XL. which I've carried for a couple of years now.
Currently in a WC module with a PMM comp and 407K.
This set up has proven to be accurate and reliable with
124gr HST's and magguts kit's as well as comfortable
and very concealable in a JM 2.5.
This is gonna pretty much, be my every day set up for the
foreseeable future...
Unless the damn carousel starts to turn again.

Irelander
05-26-2022, 11:24 AM
I'm really considering going all in on a 365 configuration for Enigma carry. My only sticking point is the lack of SCD. Anyone else have that thought?

RJ
05-26-2022, 11:41 AM
I'm really considering going all in on a 365 configuration for Enigma carry. My only sticking point is the lack of SCD. Anyone else have that thought?

Yes.

I had to really think about this after carrying a SCD Glock of some kind from 2017 to 2021 or so. I manage the risk in my head with the P365/X/XL (I’ve had three so far) by using proven holsters (JM) and constantly working on holster discipline in dry practice.

RJ
05-26-2022, 11:53 AM
P365X and the Enigma...I’ve watched the evolution of this holster and was curious how those of you that carry with it are doing.

I’m looking at a solution for a camping / outdoors context, with generally synthetic pants or zip offs for lower wear. I am in and out of the truck (1500 Ram) a lot each day. Lately I’ve swapped my P365X FCU into a P365 OEM Grip, and inserted it into a Vedder Pocket Locker. I have a 407k and the package is compact, but carries bigger than it looks because of the optic, in the pocket, Access is limited, seated or in a restaurant. Oddly enough there’s no fouling on the draw, for me.

Anyway, is there any guidance on a ‘starter kit’ for the noobie Enigma carrier? My current AIWB is a JM AIWB WC 2.5, with a single DCC clips forward, WC rear, with a MMT ACP fixed lower and a deflated MMT ACP fixed on top for padding/comfort. I’m 5’6” 185# 34” Pants.

I’m pondering trying the Enigma as an option, and I realize holster fitment is highly individual, but would appreciate any thoughts on the above, as the Enigmas ain’t cheap.

GJM
05-26-2022, 11:57 AM
I have Enigma set ups for the 43X, Shield Plus and 365 family. I find that I almost never use them any more. What I do use for deeper carry, is that Mastermind sticky belt so I can wear a JM George under my pants and belt. It basically does what the Enigma does for me without the drawbacks.

RJ
05-26-2022, 11:57 AM
In the past I’ve been guilty of chasing the latest hotness in carry guns. I have to say, every since I went to the 365XL I’ve kinda settled down.

It’s not just the compact form and slimness, which for me translates into ease of carrying AIWB even while driving. The little gun shoots pretty good. I did have to add a Hogue grip sleeve (in stock form it was just a little too small to get a good grip) but fortunately that did not detract from being able to carry it under a T-shirt.

Every now and then I’ll shoot that gun in an IDPA or outlaw CCW match for sh!ts and grins.

365XL w/ HS407K
Vedder AIWB holster w/ yoga block pad
Spare 15-rnder in JMCK AIWB mag pouch

I shot my P365XL in one USPSA match. I bought a JM Range/Competition holster and screwed it onto my belt carrier.

The only negative I had was that when I went to reload a dropped mag on a stage, the follower had barfed out of the top of the mag body feed lips. I stuffed it in and kept going.

Later I found that it is pretty easy to coax the follower past the feedlips, much easier say than a Glock mag, not sure if a persistent problem, or I just got lucky, or what, but it’d be something I’d watch for in future.

GJM
05-26-2022, 12:02 PM
I shot my P365XL in one USPSA match. I bought a JM Range/Competition holster and screwed it onto my belt carrier.

The only negative I had was that when I went to reload a dropped mag on a stage, the follower had barfed out of the top of the mag body feed lips. I stuffed it in and kept going.

Later I found that it is pretty easy to coax the follower past the feedlips, much easier say than a Glock mag, not sure if a persistent problem, or I just got lucky, or what, but it’d be something I’d watch for in future.

Glock shooters are spoiled by Glock magazines, and the ability to pick them up out of the dirt, shake them, reload them and carry on. Virtually every other metal magazine is best disassembled and cleaned once they hit the dirt.

Hstanton1
05-26-2022, 12:26 PM
P365X and the Enigma...I’ve watched the evolution of this holster and was curious how those of you that carry with it are doing.

I’m looking at a solution for a camping / outdoors context, with generally synthetic pants or zip offs for lower wear. I am in and out of the truck (1500 Ram) a lot each day. Lately I’ve swapped my P365X FCU into a P365 OEM Grip, and inserted it into a Vedder Pocket Locker. I have a 407k and the package is compact, but carries bigger than it looks because of the optic, in the pocket, Access is limited, seated or in a restaurant. Oddly enough there’s no fouling on the draw, for me.

Anyway, is there any guidance on a ‘starter kit’ for the noobie Enigma carrier? My current AIWB is a JM AIWB WC 2.5, with a single DCC clips forward, WC rear, with a MMT ACP fixed lower and a deflated MMT ACP fixed on top for padding/comfort. I’m 5’6” 185# 34” Pants.

I’m pondering trying the Enigma as an option, and I realize holster fitment is highly individual, but would appreciate any thoughts on the above, as the Enigmas ain’t cheap.

Can’t speak to the specific enigma/p365xl combo yet, but I was an early adopter of the enigma and it’s been a primary carry method for me since.

An easy button solution that minimizes set up and adjustment would be the enigma express. It’s a smaller faceplate with fewer adjustments, and comes with a fixed retention holster bolted on. From all that I’ve heard, it’s a phenomenal option for guns like the 365xl.

My experience with the standard enigma has been very good. It takes a lot of time and effort to actually get it dialed in, and that changes based on the gun and holster. That being said, comfort and concealment are squarely better than with a non enigma holster. Things like the papoose and aftermarket leg leashes are great additions for comfort, but unmolested the enigma is still an amazing option.

RJ
05-26-2022, 12:34 PM
Can’t speak to the specific enigma/p365xl combo yet, but I was an early adopter of the enigma and it’s been a primary carry method for me since.

An easy button solution that minimizes set up and adjustment would be the enigma express. It’s a smaller faceplate with fewer adjustments, and comes with a fixed retention holster bolted on. From all that I’ve heard, it’s a phenomenal option for guns like the 365xl.

My experience with the standard enigma has been very good. It takes a lot of time and effort to actually get it dialed in, and that changes based on the gun and holster. That being said, comfort and concealment are squarely better than with a non enigma holster. Things like the papoose and aftermarket leg leashes are great additions for comfort, but unmolested the enigma is still an amazing option.

Thanks, that is the owner-type feedback I was looking for.

ECK
05-26-2022, 01:02 PM

It was after my first match that I added the Hogue sleeve, I just couldn’t grip the gun hard enough for shooting at speed. That’s one of the reasons I like to shoot my carry/HD guns periodically in a match setting to see if they are good to go or need something to make them suit me better. Knock on wood, other than being super stiff the OEM mags have worked just fine for me (two 12’ers and two 15’ers).

Reloading the sub-c guns has always been a PITA for me, not just getting the heel of my strong hand to clear the mag to allow it to drop free but also not pinching the heel on the reload. With the XL frame I can actually do a half-decent reload and have yet to pinch my hand.

And as far as people thinking the 407K/507K’s window is too small, it’s small compared to my SROs but I can still can track the dot during recoil.

So I think I’m good for now, that is unless a good deal on a CZ P-01 pops up… then I may fall off my high horse and get back to chasing the ultimate EDC….

DiscipulusArmorum
05-26-2022, 04:19 PM

The Enigma Express version that comes already assembled with their holster was designed to be the "easy mode" answer to this question. The standard Enigma will give you more adjustability (mainly by having more belt attachment holes on the faceplate to customize the amount of cant, grip rotation, and tucking) but people seem to be generally happy with the comparative simplicity of the Express.

FWIW, I tried a similar setup to what GJM mentioned as my solution for carrying in belt-less pants/shorts (Mastermind Covert plus JMCK AIWB holster) and while it wasn't bad, I still get better concealment and comfort from a dialed in Enigma. Of course like anything else concealment related, this is going to be highly variable from person to person. For one thing I think the AXL faceplate sitting on top of the holster helps create a more uniformly shaped "pocket" for the holster to sit in vs. having a prominent holster shaped bulge around the belt-line.

ETA: Oops, posted before I saw that Hstanton1 basically said the same thing.

GJM
05-26-2022, 06:16 PM
I was just messing around with a 365 with and without a 407K in an Enigma and JM George on a Covert belt. The optic makes the pistol print a lot more on me in this application.

RJ
05-26-2022, 06:39 PM
The Enigma Express version that comes already assembled with their holster was designed to be the "easy mode" answer to this question. The standard Enigma will give you more adjustability (mainly by having more belt attachment holes on the faceplate to customize the amount of cant, grip rotation, and tucking) but people seem to be generally happy with the comparative simplicity of the Express.

FWIW, I tried a similar setup to what GJM mentioned as my solution for carrying in belt-less pants/shorts (Mastermind Covert plus JMCK AIWB holster) and while it wasn't bad, I still get better concealment and comfort from a dialed in Enigma. Of course like anything else concealment related, this is going to be highly variable from person to person. For one thing I think the AXL faceplate sitting on top of the holster helps create a more uniformly shaped "pocket" for the holster to sit in vs. having a prominent holster shaped bulge around the belt-line.

ETA: Oops, posted before I saw that Hstanton1 basically said the same thing.

Much appreciated. I put my P365X FCU back into my WC grip today, holstered in the JM CK AIWB 2.5. I’ll wear that for the next few weeks camping, and just keep noodling on the Enigma. It does look pretty cool. I priced a lefty P365X Express, but at a buck fiddy, it is a bit spendy if what I have now works ok.

Thanks all, I appreciate the discussion but probably should let this get back to X vs XL.

Maca
05-26-2022, 06:52 PM
I wear an enigma with phlster skeleton holster for my p365sc about as comfortably as a real holster. It’s pretty awesome to be able to move freely in loose shorts while carrying a gun that shoots as if it’s a full size.

D-der
05-26-2022, 07:11 PM
I was just messing around with a 365 with and without a 407K in an Enigma and JM George on a Covert belt. The optic makes the pistol print a lot more on me in this application.

Just curious, are you wearing the gun at, or below belt line?
I'd picked up an Enigma for a bare 365 with 10rd mag early on for times when attire and_absolute discretion is required...
Luckily I've only found myself in that situation a couple of times, wore the gun below belt line, it concealed well and was fairly accessible (I guess mission accomplished) although uncomfortable.
Perhaps more set up time is required but, I'd run short on patience and the leg leash is a pain in the ass.
I'm thinking about trying the Mastermind belt with a JM.
Any comparison / feedback is much appreciated.
Fortunately, I don't have a problem with daily good old AIWB
99% of the time.

GJM
05-26-2022, 07:42 PM
Just curious, are you wearing the gun at, or below belt line?
I'd picked up an Enigma for a bare 365 with 10rd mag early on for times when attire and_absolute discretion is required...
Luckily I've only found myself in that situation a couple of times, wore the gun below belt line, it concealed well and was fairly accessible (I guess mission accomplished) although uncomfortable.
Perhaps more set up time is required but, I'd run short on patience and the leg leash is a pain in the ass.
I'm thinking about trying the Mastermind belt with a JM.
Any comparison / feedback is much appreciated.
Fortunately, I don't have a problem with daily good old AIWB
99% of the time.

The edge of the optic printed with both set up's (Enigma and George/Covert) no matter what height I positioned the pistol, but without the optic, the iron sight slide concealed fine.

Irelander
05-26-2022, 09:12 PM
For those of you that have a 365X/XL and a G43X/48, what features drive you to choose one platform over the other? The SCD issue is pushing me toward the Glock.

Hstanton1
05-26-2022, 09:55 PM
For those of you that have a 365X/XL and a G43X/48, what features drive you to choose one platform over the other? The SCD issue is pushing me toward the Glock.

I’ve got neither (yet) but this is something I’ve been considering for a while. I’m partial to glocks with SCDs and TDA pistols, but still place the primary mission of the gun (in this case deep concealment balanced with capability) above the additional layer of safety that SCDs, exposed hammers, and manual safeties provide. If the manual safety on the P365 were shaped differently and placed slightly farther forward on the frame, I’d have chosen that without a second thought. As it stands, I can’t reliably actuate its safety given the size of my hands and how my thumb interacts with it. Not directly related to the Glock/SCD, but that’s my thought process on forgoing the additional safety layer available for this pistol.

The Glock 48/43x is bigger and blockier than the sig, especially at the butt of the grip and the magazine, which is where I tend to have the most printing issues on anything I’m carrying. The 48 specifically seems to have some reliability issues with certain loads because of the slide/RSA difference, that’s something that HCM has brought up on the forum in the past year or two.

So all told, for what I want to do with the gun, which is carry it at or just below the waistline, the size and shape of the p365x makes more sense than either slimline Glock, and my perceived incompatibility with the manual safety on the sig led me away from that option. If I had my way, it would absolutely be a 365x with a gadget.

I hope this wasn’t too rambling.

JCN
05-26-2022, 10:02 PM
Hstanton1

Vuurwapen

DiscipulusArmorum
05-26-2022, 11:28 PM

I've owned both, but sold the 365XL pretty quickly in favor of the 43x. I'm still not 100% settled on that choice, less because of any real shortcomings with the 43x and more because the 365 threads here are so much more active with new things coming out, glowing reviews, etc. that my it kicks my FOMO into high gear.

Here are some things I considered:

-Gadget vs manual safety - I want an extra layer of protection for safe AIWB reholstering. Yes there are "software" fixes you can be mindful of to mitigate the risks, but this is an area where I want redundancy. I found the manual safety on the 365 to be very awkward, particularly trying to flip it back on. I'm sure I could have found a way to make it work, but it felt like a poor use of my limited range and dry fire time to work on that particular skill. Using the SCD feels much more natural for me, and even if I completely forget it's there in a stressful situation, it's not going to hinder use of the gun.

-Serviceability - Now more than ever I want a gun that's easy to work on and get parts for, or at least has a manufacturer that's easy to work with. I live in GA, so if necessary, I can just drive over to Smyrna and walk in to have whatever issue looked at or fixed. The people over there have always treated me right whenever I had an issue with a previous Glock, but if that's not convenient, I know that disassembly and parts replacement on the 43x is dead simple. I never actually got to the point of trying to disassemble the FCU on the 365, but just looking at all those small parts in there gave me the heebie jeebies.

-Rust - This is mostly a cosmetic issue, but a number of people have noted rust issues with the 365s, mainly around the sights, mag release, and the magazines themselves. Even wiping down my mags with CorrosionX every few days wasn't enough to keep the surface rust at bay, and I wasn't even carrying them in my pants in the hot GA summer at that time.

-Capacity - Obviously the various 365 configurations have impressive standard mag capacity for their size. I don't feel that an extra 2 rounds makes up for the other shortcomings.

-Reliability - The reports of the slim frame Glocks showing mediocre reliability in certain gov testing gave me pause. The 43x as close to stock as possible seems like the best of the bunch in that regard - I don't carry my 43x with a WML, don't use aftermarket extensions, and even though I have an MOS, I've yet to put an RDS on it. I've had no malfunctions in 800rds, including 120rds of 147 HST. I plan to replace recoil springs pretty frequently since some have speculated that this could be a weak point.

-Ergos - This is obviously going to vary from person to person, but the 365XL just didn't seem to have enough trigger reach for my long fingers. Pulling the trigger required some contortions that quickly became quite uncomfortable after a few minutes of live or dry fire. It's possible that this could have been improved by switching to a curved trigger or a different grip module. The ability to easily swap out grip modules is one of the great features of the 365, but the only good option at the time I had mine was the rather pricey Boresight Razorback, and I didn't feel like spending the money when the 43x felt fine out of the box.

HeavyDuty
05-27-2022, 07:04 AM
I have Glocks (all with SCDs,) a P365MS and a P365XLMS. The SIG manual safeties work well for me, and I am comfortable that they provide the reholstering protection I require. I do wish someone offered a slightly larger P365 safety, I’d definitely consider one for the XL which fills more of a midsized gun role for me.

newyork
05-27-2022, 07:35 AM
I’ve heard of the g48 having less the Glock like reliability on here, with certain loads/lights/optic mounted, but how’s the g43x been as a stock firearm and has the 365xl been more solid than the 43x in the reliability area?

Irelander
05-27-2022, 09:20 AM
I like the idea of a 365X or G43X both with a PMM comp. I have friends that have either a 365 or a G43X. I need to hit the range with them and try them out.

GJM
05-27-2022, 02:24 PM
The 365 family of pistols and accessories has been very important to Sig, and it shows in their continued product introductions. Between the Sig modular design and both OEM and non OEM accessory development, the 365 family is very configurable and very developed.

Glock, perhaps because they are selling every model they can build, hasn’t put the same effort into building out the slimline product line. There are a bunch of good slimline pistols out there, but the 365 family is certainly in the lead.

Hstanton1
05-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Well, thought I was going to pick the gun up today. It was out for delivery this morning, then sat at the post office for 7 hours before delivery was attempted after business hours had already ended.

Oh well, I can play around with the holster that’s already here for it I guess.

Hstanton1
05-28-2022, 08:19 PM
Hstanton1

Vuurwapen

If they had been out for longer and were better vetted I’d be pretty interested.

D-der
05-29-2022, 09:21 AM
I have a couple of XL's and a std 365 with a little over
10,000 rd's total through them, 115gr, 124gr and 147gr,
Magtech, S&B, Federal, Blazer, Norma, Geco, Speer, ball
and HP, the last 600-700 have been through an XL with
PMM comp 200+ of which were 124 / 147gr HST's through
my 2 carry mags with Magguts springs...
P365 3000+ rds
1st P365XL 6000+ rds
New 365XL 1000+ rds
Over 10,000 rd's with 0 malfunctions.
I prefer Wilson's module's and have all 3 in them,
the XL's have 407 and 507K's
A longer slide conceals better for me so, I carry an XL
in a JM 2.5 daily.
The gun's set up as such fit me pretty well and with the comp
and 14+1 so far, have been proven reliable, very shootable
considering size and weight, at least for now, a perfect edc.
YMMV

DiscipulusArmorum
05-29-2022, 11:59 AM
The 365 family of pistols and accessories has been very important to Sig, and it shows in their continued product introductions. Between the Sig modular design and both OEM and non OEM accessory development, the 365 family is very configurable and very developed.

Glock, perhaps because they are selling every model they can build, hasn’t put the same effort into building out the slimline product line. There are a bunch of good slimline pistols out there, but the 365 family is certainly in the lead.

I'm still surprised that someone hasn't come out with a slightly larger/differently shaped safety lever. Guess the MS models aren't huge sellers.

Ichiban
05-29-2022, 12:42 PM
I'm still surprised that someone hasn't come out with a slightly larger/differently shaped safety lever. Guess the MS models aren't huge sellers.

But I suspect that every MS owner would happily spring for a safety lever that sucks less than what is currently on the gun. I know I would.

DiscipulusArmorum
05-29-2022, 01:11 PM
But I suspect that every MS owner would happily spring for a safety lever that sucks less than what is currently on the gun. I know I would.

Yep. If that were fixed, I would be willing to strongly consider a pair of 365XLs as my "one gun" solution to satisfy my handgun needs.

HeavyDuty
05-30-2022, 06:33 AM
I’ve talked to two existing manufacturers about a larger P365 safety, and they each said it wasn’t practical for them - it would need to be a complex casting. We need to approach someone that does precision castings.

newyork
05-30-2022, 07:27 AM
I keep thinking a 365xl may be worth a look.

pastaslinger
05-30-2022, 04:46 PM

I have a friend with a G48 that I had tried several times before going with the sig platform. The sig platform accepts holosun k series red dots out the box, has better sights, better mag capacity, is softer shooting, and has the chassis frame system so I can stipple a frame and then have a new frame ready to go. The sig platform is also a better deal since

The G43x/G48 is such an inferior platform in my eyes but I'm probably biased. I would take the shield plus over the G43x/g48, and the sig over both. I have no experience with the hellcat.

newyork
05-30-2022, 06:29 PM
Would be nice if there was an alternative to the 507k other than the rmsc for the sigs.

Up1911Fan
05-30-2022, 07:51 PM
Would be nice if there was an alternative to the 507k other than the rmsc for the sigs.

The new EPS carry will be. Honestly not much else is needed. 507K is a great micro optic, EPS will give you the closed emitter option.

newyork
05-30-2022, 08:41 PM
I was beating a dead horse with wanting a non Chinese option.

Brianjkeene
05-31-2022, 04:42 AM
Just spent a range day with a Wilson combat grip on a 365xl. Put 550 rounds through the thing and am genuinely surprised in the difference the Wilson grip module made. I previously could never get comfortable with the standard grip module and always took a pass on the 365xl in favor of my Shield Plus but not today! I swear this combo magically shoots as soft as my p320 Xcarry with the Wilson frame. I don’t understand how but I loved how this gun handled - I literally didn’t want to put it down and shot it over my 320 that day. I am chomping at the bit for a full size platform based on the 365. Come on Sig, give us the p395 or something!

GJM
05-31-2022, 09:20 AM
Something I have noticed, is the 365 magazines seem prone to rust. I just realized that I have several 12 round magazines, marked made in Italy, and they show no sign of corrosion. I assume they are made by MecGar and have a superior finish to the US made magazines.

D-der
05-31-2022, 09:41 AM
Something I have noticed, is the 365 magazines seem prone to rust. I just realized that I have several 12 round magazines, marked made in Italy, and they show no sign of corrosion. I assume they are made by MecGar and have a superior finish to the US made magazines.

I wipe them down with a Sentry Marine Tuf Cloth,
maybe I've just been lucky, but no rusted mags yet.
I carry with a full guard but, sometimes my XL is soaked.

Doc_Glock
05-31-2022, 10:16 AM
I have Enigma set ups for the 43X, Shield Plus and 365 family. I find that I almost never use them any more. What I do use for deeper carry, is that Mastermind sticky belt so I can wear a JM George under my pants and belt. It basically does what the Enigma does for me without the drawbacks.

Reminds me I need to sell that Enigma and get it out of the closet.

Hot Sauce
05-31-2022, 03:01 PM

Yep. If that were fixed, I would be willing to strongly consider a pair of 365XLs as my "one gun" solution to satisfy my handgun needs.

I’ve talked to two existing manufacturers about a larger P365 safety, and they each said it wasn’t practical for them - it would need to be a complex casting. We need to approach someone that does precision castings.

I've spoken with UNK about the same topic, seeing as his buddy is in the process of fabricating a larger safety lever (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?51332-Extended-Thumb-Safety-S-amp-W-Shield-2-0) for the M&P Shield/Shield Plus line. The buddy was of the opinion that it'd be relatively complicated and won't be worth pursuing from a cost viability standpoint of what consumers would be willing to pay. Pretty much same answer as HeavyDuty got.

Unfortunately, like the Gadget, most users don't think they need it so it is a niche need in relation to the overall market for the platform.

Insert "THIS is my safety" meme i.e. Mogadishu Manual Safety.

Hstanton1
05-31-2022, 03:08 PM
I've spoken with UNK about the same topic, seeing as his buddy is in the process of fabricating a larger safety lever (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?51332-Extended-Thumb-Safety-S-amp-W-Shield-2-0) for the M&P Shield/Shield Plus line. The buddy was of the opinion that it'd be relatively complicated and won't be worth pursuing from a cost viability standpoint of what consumers would be willing to pay. Pretty much same answer as HeavyDuty got.

Unfortunately, like the Gadget, most users don't think they need it so it is a niche need in relation to the overall market for the platform.

Insert "THIS is my safety" meme i.e. Mogadishu Manual Safety.

I’m very much hoping that one of the pretensioned striker gadget designs hinted at by others in the LTT SCD thread translates to the P365 series. I’m not mechanically minded enough to see how it would, but I hope it does. There’d definitely be a market for it given the market that the Glock SCD is able to tap into and the popularity of the P365.

Noah
05-31-2022, 03:25 PM
I’m very much hoping that one of the pretensioned striker gadget designs hinted at by others in the LTT SCD thread translates to the P365 series. I’m not mechanically minded enough to see how it would, but I hope it does. There’d definitely be a market for it given the market that the Glock SCD is able to tap into and the popularity of the P365.

If such a thing did exist for single action fully tensioned striker guns like Sig and M&P, I can only imagine it would work by blocking/interacting with the rearward motion of the trigger bar as the trigger is pulled. Access to be able to do that will vary from gun to gun but it would be tight.

UNK
05-31-2022, 03:59 PM
My understanding its that guns that are completely pretensioned or majority, theres not enough between press and bang for the gadget to give a warning.
I think the Sig 320 and 365 are in this category.
If Im wrong I would welcome an education.

UNK
05-31-2022, 04:01 PM

Can you provide a link to those remarks? Id like to read it.

DiscipulusArmorum
05-31-2022, 04:13 PM

Glad to hear there are some Mecgar mags now available. The US made mags that came with my XL would turn a paper towel rust brown every time I wiped them down, and that was even when they were coated with CorrosionX. That was just from laying around in open air, not even sitting in the warm moist environment being carried IWB. I've heard of some people have sent out their mags to be coated or using something like Renaissance Wax to stop the rusting.

Didn't you also have an issue with rust on the slide around the sights? The magazine button is another area that people sometimes have problems with.

GJM
05-31-2022, 05:15 PM
In some 365 thread in the past, there was a link to a US source for Italian 365 magazines. Anyone remember what that was?

Some minor rust on the pistol, but nothing like on the US 365 magazines.

RJ
05-31-2022, 05:30 PM
In some 365 thread in the past, there was a link to a US source for Italian 365 magazines. Anyone remember what that was?

Some minor rust on the pistol, but nothing like on the US 365 magazines.

Might it have been these guys?

https://www.galatiinternational.com/sig-sauer.html

ETA: Ya, here is the post:

Being curious about magazine origins, I found a lead from another potential source to order the Italian-made ones: Galati International. Looks like they are the dealer for MEC-GAR magazines, and have the P365XL 12 rounders. At $50, they are spendy, but in stock.

https://www.galatiinternational.com/mec-gar-magazines-248.html
https://www.galatiinternational.com/sig-sauer-p365-micro-compact-9mm-12-round-extended-magazine.html

Anyone ever order anything from these guys?

RJ
05-31-2022, 05:34 PM
Also, on rust, here’s a compilation on rust posts I did in January:

Rust on mag bodies, lower, and mag release button, 05/19:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?29334-Sig-P365-Single-Stack-9mm-w-10-1-and-12-1&p=885961&viewfull=1#post885961

Mention of corrosion on magazines, spare mag, IWB, 04/20:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?29334-Sig-P365-Single-Stack-9mm-w-10-1-and-12-1&p=1038643&viewfull=1#post1038643

Rust covered by lip of baseplate, 02/21:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?29334-Sig-P365-Single-Stack-9mm-w-10-1-and-12-1&p=999337&viewfull=1#post999337

Lost a mag to rust, 09/21:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?29334-Sig-P365-Single-Stack-9mm-w-10-1-and-12-1&p=1263062&highlight=rust#post1263062

GJM
05-31-2022, 05:34 PM
Might it have been these guys?

https://www.galatiinternational.com/sig-sauer.html

ETA: Ya, here is the post:

Do you think “MC” in the product number means MecGar?

RJ
05-31-2022, 06:07 PM

I dunno.

I checked over at Sig Talk and there is another post mentioning Galati as a source for MecGar made in Italy mags, FWIW.

luckyman
05-31-2022, 06:26 PM

I took a small chance and bought 3; figured they can’t be any worse.

Ouch me and my pocketbook miss Glock mags.

SWAT Lt.
05-31-2022, 06:34 PM

If you read the product description for the 10 rd P-365 mags it says "Fits P-365 micro-compact pistol." I'm guessing the MC denotes micro-compact.

newyork
05-31-2022, 06:41 PM
Are there 10rd 365xl mags for us lowly ban state guys?

luckyman
05-31-2022, 06:44 PM
Are there 10rd 365xl mags for us lowly ban state guys?

Yep the link being currently discussed sells them.

GJM
05-31-2022, 06:55 PM
I took a small chance and bought 3; figured they can’t be any worse.

Ouch me and my pocketbook miss Glock mags.

I will try to reach them by phone tomorrow and see what I learn. Hopefully the different finish shows in this photo of one of mine.

newyork
05-31-2022, 07:20 PM
Says factory mag. $51!!! Thought I saw them for $46 which isn’t much better but damn!

G19Fan
05-31-2022, 07:29 PM
I have a friend with a G48 that I had tried several times before going with the sig platform. The sig platform accepts holosun k series red dots out the box, has better sights, better mag capacity, is softer shooting, and has the chassis frame system so I can stipple a frame and then have a new frame ready to go. The sig platform is also a better deal since

The G43x/G48 is such an inferior platform in my eyes but I'm probably biased. I would take the shield plus over the G43x/g48, and the sig over both. I have no experience with the hellcat.

As an obvious glock fan, I would pick the p365 or p365xl over any of glocks offerings. My wife carries a p365xl daily.

That said I like the cr920 over the p365xl

Hstanton1
05-31-2022, 07:30 PM
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?51638-LTT-SCD/page5

In post #50 Elwin recounts a conversation he had with Tom Jones about a possible design for fully tensioned strikers

So I can’t say whether or not that would work on a p365, but it seems like the most likely option

Hstanton1
06-01-2022, 08:39 AM
Picked up my P365x from the FFL yesterday after work, and I’m liking it so far. The grip is very thin, which makes gripping and presenting the gun harder than a full sized glock. That being said, it’s pretty easy to keep the dot still while quickly bumping the trigger in dry fire. Not a phenomenal indicator, but the better I can do that, typically the better I can shoot the gun in live fire.

In an enigma, at or below the belt line, the gun absolutely disappears. It’s going to take some effort to make that a comfortable option in the long term, but as it stands it’s pretty easy to switch the gun from above the belt line to below. The biggest change I made was to grind the beaver tail down with a dremel, makes deep concealment that much more comfortable for me.

I’m very much looking forward to shooting this gun, I foresee it being a great carry option for me. The addition of a more substantial grip (either Wilson or Boresight) and a comp will only make it better.

Steven T
06-01-2022, 08:40 AM
Proven outfitters usually has good prices on Sig mags. They have a pretty good break on 3 mags.
Not sure about the manufacturer of the 365 mags. I have ordered several P320mags from them and
Received both Italian and U.S. manufactured mags.
https://www.provenoutfitters.com/p365-micro-compact-9mm-magazine

D-der
06-01-2022, 01:12 PM
Picked up my P365x from the FFL yesterday after work, and I’m liking it so far. The grip is very thin, which makes gripping and presenting the gun harder than a full sized glock. That being said, it’s pretty easy to keep the dot still while quickly bumping the trigger in dry fire. Not a phenomenal indicator, but the better I can do that, typically the better I can shoot the gun in live fire.

In an enigma, at or below the belt line, the gun absolutely disappears. It’s going to take some effort to make that a comfortable option in the long term, but as it stands it’s pretty easy to switch the gun from above the belt line to below. The biggest change I made was to grind the beaver tail down with a dremel, makes deep concealment that much more comfortable for me.

I’m very much looking forward to shooting this gun, I foresee it being a great carry option for me. The addition of a more substantial grip (either Wilson or Boresight) and a comp will only make it better.

The Wilson and PMM make for good addition's

Hstanton1
06-03-2022, 08:51 PM
First range trip with the p365x today, it was about what I expected. It’s a great gun with great accuracy potential for its size, and while it takes extra work to shoot well, it takes less than I thought. After getting it zeroed I was able to shoot a 94 3x at 25 yards with my carry ammo, and shoot a 96 in about 7 seconds on the Test with it. Overall, I like it quite a bit.

RJ
06-03-2022, 09:03 PM
The biggest change I made was to grind the beaver tail down with a dremel, makes deep concealment that much more comfortable for me.

Same here. That’s the one thing I did to the OEM grip module, as I found the beaver tail was fouling my grip on the draw. It was a good feeling that if I screwed up, I could fix it with a new module.