PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Colt LT6720-R and DDM4 V7lw?

Little Creek
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
How did I do? What do you guys think of the LW free floated barrels? Will they heat up quicker than the .750" barrels. I seldom shoot more than 100 rounds a session. I seldom shoot as fast as 30 rounds in one minute. Are they as accurate as the "fat" barrels?

I assume these are better than my S&W M&P15 Sport?

Kyle Reese
09-06-2012, 04:02 PM
You'll be fine.

Colt, Daniel Defense and Bravo Company barrels are good to go in any profile, length or configuration.

Jay Cunningham
09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
How did I do? What do you guys think of the LW free floated barrels? Will they heat up quicker than the .750" barrels. I seldom shoot more than 100 rounds a session. I seldom shoot as fast as 30 rounds in one minute. Are they as accurate as the "fat" barrels?

I assume these are better than my S&W M&P15 Sport?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm wondering why you didn't ask these questions *before* you bought the guns?

Little Creek
09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm wondering why you didn't ask these questions *before* you bought the guns?

I actually traded a SXS shotgun for them. I made the trade because it was a good deal in my opinion. I like the configuration of these two carbines. I like Colt and DD. I recently completed the Colt Armorers course and I also recently toured the DD factory. I have been admiring both of these carbines for a while. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I do not require anyone's permission to buy or trade for a firearm.

I enjoy and learn from your comments and opinions. If you have some knowledge for me concerning pencil barrels vs. .750" barrels, I would like to hear it.

Al T.
09-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I have a thin barrel PSA upper on order. Perhaps we can compare notes between my M4 profile and pencil barrel and your selections. :D

Little Creek
09-17-2012, 07:04 AM
I have a thin barrel PSA upper on order. Perhaps we can compare notes between my M4 profile and pencil barrel and your selections. :D

So far, so good. I shot both my S&W M&P15 JHP Sport and the Colt LT6720-R yesterday out to 100 yards. The S&W with a Leupold Prismatic and the Colt with issue MBUIS. The Prismatic groups were about 1/2 the size of the MBUIS groups, from a couple of weeks ago, with the S&W, 6" vs. 3". The Colt shot as well as the S&W even though the trigger is gritty and has some take up. I do not do mag dumps with my carbines. The longest rapid fire string I did was 10 shots in less than 20 seconds. This was with 64 grain bonded. I will try some 62 grain JHP next time. I have not yet shot the DDM4 V7lw.