PDA

View Full Version : Threads On "Ignore" Are Coming Off "Ignore"

blues
05-08-2022, 10:36 AM
Anyone else having issues with "ignored" threads coming off "ignored" status? Just started noticing this yesterday. No new updates to Chromebook in last week or so.

hiro
05-08-2022, 10:53 AM
Not that I've noticed and my ignore thread list is long

blues
05-08-2022, 10:54 AM

If it continues, I'll delete my cookies and start over. (I have a ton on ignore as well.)

blues
05-08-2022, 11:12 AM
Deleted cookies...and I'm still having to re-ignore...and they won't remain on status.

hiro
05-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Deleted cookies...and I'm still having to re-ignore...and they won't remain on status.

You're depriving Google of ad income and your Chromebook is working to restore equilibrium.

/Thread

(Have you tried a different browser?)

blues
05-08-2022, 11:29 AM
You're depriving Google of ad income and your Chromebook is working to restore equilibrium.

/Thread

(Have you tried a different browser?)

Don't intend to load a different browser just for this. If it won't work properly anymore...then I'll just deal with it.

hiro
05-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Don't intend to load a different browser just for this. If it won't work properly anymore...then I'll just deal with it.

I haven't used a Chromebook in a few years, is it that difficult to install Firefox?

How about on your (recently bought?) IPhone? Safari still installed?

blues
05-08-2022, 11:38 AM
I haven't used a Chromebook in a few years, is it that difficult to install Firefox?

How about on your (recently bought?) IPhone? Safari still installed?

Way more effort than required...and I have no interest in adding a different browser to Chromebook, and though I have Brave on iPhone, I'd much rather use a full sized laptop than a phone unless it was the only option.

As I say, if it can't be solved on LL's side of things, then so be it.

hiro
05-08-2022, 11:41 AM
Way more effort than required...and I have no interest in adding a different browser to Chromebook, and though I have Brave on iPhone, I'd much rather use a full sized laptop than a phone unless it was the only option.

As I say, if it can't be solved on LL's side of things, then so be it.

Fair enough, my thoughts were to install a browser to try and replicate the problem to show it was or wasn't local. After that you delete it.

Best tag LittleLebowski if you want his input.

RJ
05-08-2022, 12:43 PM

Same here.

Generally use FF, either laptop, or iPad, or iPhone. I’m not seeing ignored threads come back. Haven’t ignored one in a few weeks, tho.

Jason M
05-08-2022, 03:29 PM
I've not placed any threads on ignore but I have placed a member on the ignore list. It works as advertised. I am no longer "curious" about the function of that feature.

blues
05-08-2022, 03:43 PM
I've not placed any threads on ignore but I have placed a member on the ignore list. It works as advertised. I am no longer "curious" about the function of that feature.

I've been availing myself of that feature for some time now.

Jason M
05-08-2022, 03:59 PM
I'm late to the party.

blues
05-08-2022, 04:22 PM
I'm late to the party.

You got time, kid. ;)

awp_101
05-09-2022, 11:59 AM

4RNR
05-09-2022, 06:32 PM
I just skip over that stuff. Just easier to keep scrolling past since I'm scrolling anyway

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk