PDA

View Full Version : Glock size, Gadgets, etc.

WobblyPossum
04-25-2022, 09:56 AM
I order from the ones that were in stock last week. It would be interesting to know how many they are selling. For LTTs sake I hope they are selling a lot and doing well, and it is encouraging that so many Glock users see the usefulness of this item.

Now I just need a Glock with which to use the SCD.

Get yourself a G19 unless you’re a fairly large guy. Then just grab a G17.

HeavyDuty
04-25-2022, 09:59 AM

IMO 19 + 26 is the sweet spot.

WobblyPossum
04-25-2022, 10:04 AM
IMO 19 + 26 is the sweet spot.

That’s basically where I’ve been since about 2015 outside of certain work requirements and the occasional dalliance with some P-F flavor of the month. I’m also 5’11”, 155#, with a 38” chest and 31” waist. If I was 6’2”, 190#, with a 44” chest and 34” waist, I’d probably have gone 17 and 26.

TheNewbie
04-25-2022, 10:43 AM

I’m thinking 17 and 26. Did order two SCDs after all.

A big guy I am not. 5ft 4in and 175 pounds. My body shape is odd because I squat, deadlift and press a lot. Not to mention crazy home workouts. Plus I’m just oddly shaped naturally. lol

17 for duty and or home defense, and 26 for CCW. With CCW I want the smallest pistol I can carry comfortable but still shoot decently. I’ve carried a 26 in the past in a Glock sport holster, which is actually a pretty decent holster. Even if the cost is fobus like territory.

Do you AIWB? I’ll either do OWB or IWB.

WobblyPossum
04-25-2022, 12:04 PM
I’m thinking 17 and 26. Did order two SCDs after all.

A big guy I am not. 5ft 4in and 175 pounds. My body shape is odd because I squat, deadlift and press a lot. Not to mention crazy home workouts. Plus I’m just oddly shaped naturally. lol

17 for duty and or home defense, and 26 for CCW. With CCW I want the smallest pistol I can carry comfortable but still shoot decently. I’ve carried a 26 in the past in a Glock sport holster, which is actually a pretty decent holster. Even if the cost is fobus like territory.

Do you AIWB? I’ll either do OWB or IWB.

If you can easily conceal a G17, there’s probably no reason to own a G19. The size difference between them is pretty small and only really matters if the G17 is just a bit too large to conceal easily. I do carry AIWB. I’ve never had good luck with strong side hip carry unless the gun was way further back than I prefer. I could make it work at 4:30-5:30, but could never make it work to an acceptable level at 2:30-3:30.

TheNewbie
04-25-2022, 12:32 PM
If you can easily conceal a G17, there’s probably no reason to own a G19. The size difference between them is pretty small and only really matters if the G17 is just a bit too large to conceal easily. I do carry AIWB. I’ve never had good luck with strong side hip carry unless the gun was way further back than I prefer. I could make it work at 4:30-5:30, but could never make it work to an acceptable level at 2:30-3:30.

How did you try to carry strong side carry?

A G26 and a Glock sport holster with Tenicor belt was pretty concealable. If you wore a bit looser shirt.

WobblyPossum
04-25-2022, 01:22 PM
How did you try to carry strong side carry?

A G26 and a Glock sport holster with Tenicor belt was pretty concealable. If you wore a bit looser shirt.

I tried a cheap knockoff of the Milt Sparks Summer Special and a kydex holster from a now-defunct holster-maker called Secret City Weaponeers for IWB, and a Raven Perun for OWB. I still use the Raven with either the G19 or a G26 when I’m wearing a suit for court and would look silly carrying AIWB. Generally, it looks like I’ve got a large, obvious bump at my hip bone when carrying strong side unless I’m wearing a suit jacket or a thicker hoodie.

I’m pretty happy with AIWB at this point and don’t plan on switching back. I’ve been carrying AIWB off duty since the Raven Eidolon came out and primarily on duty since I got my current job. The only times I’m carrying in another manner when out and about are on enforcement actions when I’m wearing a full duty rig and on the way to and from court when I’m carrying strong side owb.

TheNewbie
04-25-2022, 02:18 PM
I tried a cheap knockoff of the Milt Sparks Summer Special and a kydex holster from a now-defunct holster-maker called Secret City Weaponeers for IWB, and a Raven Perun for OWB. I still use the Raven with either the G19 or a G26 when I’m wearing a suit for court and would look silly carrying AIWB. Generally, it looks like I’ve got a large, obvious bump at my hip bone when carrying strong side unless I’m wearing a suit jacket or a thicker hoodie.

I’m pretty happy with AIWB at this point and don’t plan on switching back. I’ve been carrying AIWB off duty since the Raven Eidolon came out and primarily on duty since I got my current job. The only times I’m carrying in another manner when out and about are on enforcement actions when I’m wearing a full duty rig and on the way to and from court when I’m carrying strong side owb.

If I had faith in the reliability of the G43 or G43x, I might get one of them. Just not sure about them.

Body type and clothing play such a roll. In winter clothing it’s harder for me to OWB but that’s because of how my jackets and hoodies fit me. Probably should go larger.

I’m just not AIWB comfortable. Maybe with a safety equipped HK and it’s long trigger or a 92. AIWB is a great option, I just can’t get myself comfortable enough mentally to do it.

HeavyDuty
04-25-2022, 02:31 PM
I have a G26. I am confident with the size of my Glock.

(I actually have two, one with RDS and one without.)

TheNewbie
04-25-2022, 02:59 PM
I have a G26. I am confident with the size of my Glock.

(I actually have two, one with RDS and one without.)

Do you ever carry them? If so how?

HeavyDuty
04-25-2022, 03:29 PM
Do you ever carry them? If so how?

I do! I mostly carry in a JMCK OWB2 but used to carry the iron sighted one in a PJ Custom IWB before I started having medical issues. I also carry the iron sighted one in a shoulder rig when I’m driving the Miata, I’m max girth for the seat.

Jason M
04-25-2022, 04:01 PM
I regularly carry a G26 in either a JMCK 2.0 AIWB or a Perun OWB. I messed with the 43X and 48 but sold them. Both were reliable but they were not as easy to shoot as the G26. G26 is my 10 round gun. They are the small non-NPE gun that shoots like a bigger gun. They can be reloaded with G19 or G17/45 mags. This lets the user scale up or sown depending on role. The flat 10 round mags are superbly reliable when having to adhere to neutered mag laws.

Duelist
04-25-2022, 05:07 PM
G26 for carry, G19x for range, matches, hiking by the border when not carrying a long gun. Jframe in the pocket most of the time with either, and sometimes alone.

G42 for working out when I need absolutely flat and thin, like at the gym or tennis court.

4RNR
04-25-2022, 05:43 PM
If I had faith in the reliability of the G43 or G43x, I might get one of them. Just not sure about them.

Body type and clothing play such a roll. In winter clothing it’s harder for me to OWB but that’s because of how my jackets and hoodies fit me. Probably should go larger.

I’m just not AIWB comfortable. Maybe with a safety equipped HK and it’s long trigger or a 92. AIWB is a great option, I just can’t get myself comfortable enough mentally to do it.I can't believe I'm going to say this. I've never been a fan of Springfield but see if you can rent a Hellcat Pro. For CC overall size of a Sig 365XL but with 15+1. Actually it's somewhere in between the Sig and the 43X.

Unless of course mag compatibility is a must then the 17/19/26

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

G19Fan
04-25-2022, 11:21 PM
I conceal a G19/MR920 daily with a 509T.

Once in a while I conceal a CR920

If I could I would conceal a XR920/G45 daily

pastaslinger
04-26-2022, 06:43 PM
At this point, I think I would prefer two G19s over a G19 and G26 or G17/34

I find the G26 awkward to draw from concealment even though it may be in some ways easier to conceal, though it tends to want to roll over the belt more. The G17/34 don't conceal as well as the G19 but are doable, however I don't really shoot them better than the G19. The slim Magpul magwell for the G19 plus home stippling and removal of finger grooves oddly enough made me love the grip when I previously was meh about it.

HeavyDuty
04-26-2022, 07:21 PM

I find the G26 awkward to draw from concealment even though it may be in some ways easier to conceal, though it tends to want to roll over the belt more. The G17/34 don't conceal as well as the G19 but are doable, however I don't really shoot them better than the G19. The slim Magpul magwell for the G19 plus home stippling and removal of finger grooves oddly enough made me love the grip when I previously was meh about it.

My favorite configuration is a 19 slide on a 26 frame, but I’m not willing to put the sheer volume of carry ammunition through it to pronounce it good for EDC.

WobblyPossum
04-26-2022, 07:31 PM
My favorite configuration is a 19 slide on a 26 frame, but I’m not willing to put the sheer volume of carry ammunition through it to pronounce it good for EDC.

You could get a G19 frame chopped to G26 length. Several members have guns configured like that including DocGKR and GJM. If the G19 has been vetted as reliable already, a correctly performed frame chop wouldn’t cause any variables to the cycle of operations.

G19Fan
04-26-2022, 07:34 PM

That setup runs well. As someone else said you could get a grip chopped g19 to.

G19Fan
04-26-2022, 07:35 PM

Same. I have a cr920 for very limited use but really a g19 for me is the best one and done gun

HeavyDuty
04-26-2022, 07:41 PM
You could get a G19 frame chopped to G26 length. Several members have guns configured like that including DocGKR and GJM. If the G19 has been vetted as reliable already, a correctly performed frame chop wouldn’t cause any variables to the cycle of operations.

That setup runs well. As someone else said you could get a grip chopped g19 to.

Chopped 19s feel totally different to me - I’m not a fan.

pastaslinger
04-26-2022, 08:17 PM

I'd rather use a p365xl or p365 over anything smaller than a regular G19

Same. I have a cr920 for very limited use but really a g19 for me is the best one and done gun

G19 shoots so well for the size, it is somewhat incredible

G19Fan
04-26-2022, 08:24 PM
I'd rather use a p365xl or p365 over anything smaller than a regular G19

G19 shoots so well for the size, it is somewhat incredible

It really does. I mean I generally can slow fire an 10 round 84 to 87 on a B8 at 25 consistently with a G19.

Good days 90s.

It is funny I keep wanting to swap out the minus connectors for a dot or standard connector but I just shoot a tad better with the minus (the other two take more concentration)

My carry guns are the minus while my range guns are stock or dot connectors

camsdaddy
04-27-2022, 06:40 AM
It really does. I mean I generally can slow fire an 10 round 84 to 87 on a B8 at 25 consistently with a G19.

Good days 90s.

It is funny I keep wanting to swap out the minus connectors for a dot or standard connector but I just shoot a tad better with the minus (the other two take more concentration)

If you shoot better with the minus connector why do you not change all of your guns to that set up. Im looking for the reason to have a heavier trigger that you dont shoot as well in your range guns. The only thing that comes to mine is wanting a slightly heavier trigger for multiple reholstering.

G19Fan
04-27-2022, 07:35 AM
If you shoot better with the minus connector why do you not change all of your guns to that set up. Im looking for the reason to have a heavier trigger that you dont shoot as well in your range guns. The only thing that comes to mine is wanting a slightly heavier trigger for multiple reholstering.

Great question the idea was to make range shooting harder. Shoot with a stock trigger normally and the minus feels amazing for distance shooting

TheNewbie
04-27-2022, 08:09 AM
Great question the idea was to make range shooting harder. Shoot with a stock trigger normally and the minus feels amazing for distance shooting

I do this with weightlifting. If I’m going for hi rep higher weight squats, I’ll go do one or two reps of really heavy (for me) weight. This makes the hi rep weights seem lighter.

With guns, I can see the same thing. However, do you think there may be a safety issue in playing around with trigger weight/feel in training guns vs carry guns? Maybe not, I’m not saying there is, just wondering.

Saying the G26 wants to roll out over the belt, what does that mean? Do you find the G19 easier to carry in some ways?

G19Fan
04-27-2022, 08:13 AM
I do this with weightlifting. If I’m going for hi rep higher weight squats, I’ll go do one or two reps of really heavy (for me) weight. This makes the hi rep weights seem lighter.

With guns, I can see the same thing. However, do you think there may be a safety issue in playing around with trigger weight/feel in training guns vs carry guns? Maybe not, I’m not saying there is, just wondering.

Saying the G26 wants to roll out over the belt, what does that mean? Do you find the G19 easier to carry in some ways?

Not an issue as I do still shoot the carry guns too. They just get much less rounds. Also at speed all the connectors feel the same imo. That said I have 4 more oem minus connectors coming from a buddy so the training guns may get swapped to minus too.

The 26 tipping over usually is for aiwb carry. Keel principal.

Usually can be resolved by carrying a g26 in a g19 holster (though it will still be a bit more tipsy vs a g19)

pastaslinger
04-27-2022, 08:22 AM

Good days 90s.

I use ghost rocket connectors and with OEM springs they measure at 5 lb pulls for me. I really prefer the feel of the break and the reduced over travel, and they've been reliable for me.

G19Fan
04-27-2022, 08:24 AM
I use ghost rocket connectors and with OEM springs they measure at 5 lb pulls for me. I really prefer the feel of the break and the reduced over travel, and they've been reliable for me.

Nice I tend to stick with oem connectors after having broken some aftermarket ones

Larry Sellers
04-27-2022, 08:49 AM
I did what everyone does, I went from a gen 3 17 14 years ago to HKs, berettas, Sig, 1911s, you name it. I live in CT, were limited to 10 rounds so I have toyed with all the size glocks.

I ended up with a g43x and 48 milled for a 507K. I carry that thing all the time. I have a 45 milled with a 509T and it seems to check the boxes for me for everything else. I wish I had all that $$ back I spent chasing Glock Killers. I find that they work for me, and I was chasing tiny gains and costing me tons of $$

I have a large (per mechanix sizing) hand and the 19,45 and 48 all fit the hand great with a slight undercut.

pastaslinger
04-27-2022, 09:43 AM
Nice I tend to stick with oem connectors after having broken some aftermarket ones

I've got several thousand rounds on one so I feel pretty good about it but I didn't have great experiences with some other connectors

camsdaddy
04-27-2022, 10:19 AM
Not an issue as I do still shoot the carry guns too. They just get much less rounds. Also at speed all the connectors feel the same imo. That said I have 4 more oem minus connectors coming from a buddy so the training guns may get swapped to minus too.

The 26 tipping over usually is for aiwb carry. Keel principal.

Usually can be resolved by carrying a g26 in a g19 holster (though it will still be a bit more tipsy vs a g19)

Ive found this but find that if Im going to carry in a 19 holster and get poked by a 19 holster I might as well carry a 19.
I like minus connectors and think the ones Im using are ghost. I dont shoot to a level that the connector is a lot of help to me.

G19Fan
04-27-2022, 10:23 AM
Ive found this but find that if Im going to carry in a 19 holster and get poked by a 19 holster I might as well carry a 19.
I like minus connectors and think the ones Im using are ghost. I dont shoot to a level that the connector is a lot of help to me.

It is not a huge difference. I can shoot a stock connector at 25 yards same as minus just takes more concentration.

But generally at 25 yards I am happy scoring 87 and above on a 8 with 10 rounds untimed. I cannot pass the defoor hat qual as I always fail the time lol.

Trying to dedicate a lot of time this year to 25 yard and longer pistol marksmanship

I will say that the stock connector/dot connector is really nice for close range shooting with the break and super positive reset.

G19Fan
04-27-2022, 10:32 AM

Agreed. A 19 aiwb doesn't poke me but a g17 does unf (I also cannot conceal a g17 grip)

I personally find a g19/mr920 and either a cr920 or g43 fits all my use cases.

I do really like a g26, but I may as well carry a g19.

The cr920 with longer grip is nice for me at 13+1 and g48 size. The shorter grip cr920 gets carried in npe as I feel a lot better about 10+1 in a g43 sized gun vs g43 capacity.

Would happily sell my g43 if not for sentimental value

TheNewbie
04-27-2022, 11:25 AM
I can see the difference between a 29 and 26 being less AIWB, but the difference IWB and especially OWB seems greater.

A G26 OWB wasn’t terribly hard for me to conceal in a Glock Sport holster.

blues
04-27-2022, 11:32 AM
I can see the difference between a 29 and 26 being less AIWB, but the difference IWB and especially OWB seems greater.

A G26 OWB wasn’t terribly hard for me to conceal in a Glock Sport holster.

I don't think they'll fit many aftermarket sights, however. (At least my old one couldn't handle Trijicon HDs.)