PDA

View Full Version : Overwatch Precision Triggers?

G19Fan
04-14-2022, 08:59 PM
Would love to hear experiences on the poly dat or any of their triggers.

Debating if I wanna spend the funds to upgrade triggers

I shoot a stock glock trigger fine, but was curious about a flat faced trigger and a bit of reduced trigger reach

GJM
04-14-2022, 10:12 PM
Would love to hear experiences on the poly dat or any of their triggers.

Debating if I wanna spend the funds to upgrade triggers

I shoot a stock glock trigger fine, but was curious about a flat faced trigger and a bit of reduced trigger reach

I like them, especially poly dat with NP3, but I am not sure I shoot them better than a OEM dot with a 5.0 striker spring.

G19Fan
04-14-2022, 10:22 PM
I like them, especially poly dat with NP3, but I am not sure I shoot them better than a OEM dot with a 5.0 striker spring.

Perfect exactly what I needed to hear.

Durability is good?

bponce74
04-15-2022, 03:23 AM
I’ve got thousands of rounds with the np3 tac trigger in a g19 with no issue. I prefer it to my other oem Glock triggers.

Bushytale
04-15-2022, 06:17 AM
I have poly dat triggers in two G17-3. I can't imagine there could be any durability issue. I prefer the flat face.

RJ
04-15-2022, 06:25 AM
I have had Overwatch Precision polydat triggers on multiple Glocks, both double and single stack. They all performed without issue.

The only thing of note I recall was that one of them had some type of little hook or bend at the end of the trigger shoe (? this is from memory) which didn't feel all that great when shooting, but this was a minor annoyance. If I ordered one again, I would skip that option if possible.

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 07:21 AM
I’ve got thousands of rounds with the np3 tac trigger in a g19 with no issue. I prefer it to my other oem Glock triggers.

Thanks I had heard some stories of the pins walking or safety tab breaking. Of course could have been a tiny percentage of bad triggers that got out

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 07:22 AM
I have had Overwatch Precision polydat triggers on multiple Glocks, both double and single stack. They all performed without issue.

The only thing of note I recall was that one of them had some type of little hook or bend at the end of the trigger shoe (? this is from memory) which didn't feel all that great when shooting, but this was a minor annoyance. If I ordered one again, I would skip that option if possible.

Thanks I think I will get a poly dat which doesn't have the hook. That hook does seem like it would get annoying

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 07:24 AM
I have poly dat triggers in two G17-3. I can't imagine there could be any durability issue. I prefer the flat face.

Thx. Wanting to try a flat faced trigger is what sent me on this jouney.. I like the flat face on my shadow systems Cr920.

Just wanted to hear some input before converting all my.glocks to it (ordered one first to see). I prefer my carry and training guns be setup the same

JCN
04-15-2022, 08:47 AM
I really like the polydat on my G43x.
The stock trigger shoe on that gun was uncomfortable for me.

The flat faced polydat made it much more comfortable.

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 09:27 AM
I really like the polydat on my G43x.
The stock trigger shoe on that gun was uncomfortable for me.

The flat faced polydat made it much more comfortable.

Thanks. Seems like most people like them and they seem fine for carry

CDFIII
04-15-2022, 10:57 AM
What about the SCD use with Overwatch triggers? Do they work well together, does the SCD still function correctly and not stick out? Always have been curious about this.

dontshakepandas
04-15-2022, 11:10 AM
What about the SCD use with Overwatch triggers? Do they work well together, does the SCD still function correctly and not stick out? Always have been curious about this.

In my experience the Gen 5 PolyDAT works fine with the SCD.

mtnbkr
04-15-2022, 11:10 AM

When I had a Gen III G19 with Overwatch Polymer DAT and SCD, the SCD still worked. It didn't stick out as far, but plenty for the user to be warned that the trigger was moving. I now have that combo in my P80 (sold the G19) where it continues to work.

Chris

Hot Sauce
04-15-2022, 03:46 PM
N of 1, but when I tried a Gen1-4 Tac, I had to use the specialized reduced pre-travel SCD, the normal one wouldn't sit flush.

Reduced trigger reach was definitely achieved if that's what you're looking for.

I definitely preferred the little hook at the bottom as a reference point. AFAIK they don't sell that shape in polymer form.

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 03:55 PM
N of 1, but when I tried a Gen1-4 Tac, I had to use the specialized reduced pre-travel SCD, the normal one wouldn't sit flush.

Reduced trigger reach was definitely achieved if that's what you're looking for.

I definitely preferred the little hook at the bottom as a reference point. AFAIK they don't sell that shape in polymer form.

Yeah would like a little bit of reduced trigger reach

Almost never happens; but if my master grip is sloppy there is the freak accident of me hitting the side of the trigger and not depressing the trigger safety.

Has only happened once in 3 years shooting 3 times a week, but has happened (was trying to get under 1 second draw from aiwb)

LOKNLOD
04-15-2022, 04:10 PM
I've got an original DAT (not poly) in my favorite G19.4, and though it took a bit to warm up to it, I've come to really like it. It may help that it just happens to be a great combo of trigger, trigger bar, connector, etc. all tuned just right - that alone can make a big difference between two otherwise identical-on-paper sets of parts in a Glock sometimes. It works fine with my SCD but I will always respectfully note that wasn't recommended by Tom (and then I'll continue to do it anyway).

I have a G48 that just has a less-than-good trigger and replacing it with a PolyDAT helped, but it wasn't a magic bullet - still no where as good as my G19.4.

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 04:22 PM
I've got an original DAT (not poly) in my favorite G19.4, and though it took a bit to warm up to it, I've come to really like it. It may help that it just happens to be a great combo of trigger, trigger bar, connector, etc. all tuned just right - that alone can make a big difference between two otherwise identical-on-paper sets of parts in a Glock sometimes. It works fine with my SCD but I will always respectfully note that wasn't recommended by Tom (and then I'll continue to do it anyway).

I have a G48 that just has a less-than-good trigger and replacing it with a PolyDAT helped, but it wasn't a magic bullet - still no where as good as my G19.4.

Any pros for the dat vs poly dat?

Sig_Fiend
04-15-2022, 07:02 PM
I know flat triggers are all the rage these days, and I often like them as well. That said, if you have to go with an aftermarket Glock trigger, the Overwatch Falx trigger is worth considering. Curved like the stock one, and I find the rounded profile more comfortable than the DAT trigger.

Also, due to the shape and size, it is ever so slightly thinner than stock. We're not talking a huge difference. Maybe a few millimeter difference in length of pull, but you can definitely feel it. It's actually less LOP than the DAT. The other nice thing is, since it's all metal, you achieve a stock-like trigger feel with a pull that feels a bit more crisp since there's no plastic flex.

Is all of the above worth $135? That's up for you to decide. I'd upgrade other things like sights, connector, trigger return springs, etc. before I'd bother with replacing the trigger.

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 07:36 PM
I know flat triggers are all the rage these days, and I often like them as well. That said, if you have to go with an aftermarket Glock trigger, the Overwatch Falx trigger is worth considering. Curved like the stock one, and I find the rounded profile more comfortable than the DAT trigger.

Also, due to the shape and size, it is ever so slightly thinner than stock. We're not talking a huge difference. Maybe a few millimeter difference in length of pull, but you can definitely feel it. It's actually less LOP than the DAT. The other nice thing is, since it's all metal, you achieve a stock-like trigger feel with a pull that feels a bit more crisp since there's no plastic flex.

Is all of the above worth $135? That's up for you to decide. I'd upgrade other things like sights, connector, trigger return springs, etc. before I'd bother with replacing the trigger.

Thanks great feedback. I considered one of these too.

If I did this I may only do my carry gun vs the training guns as I imagine they feel close enough

xmanhockey7
04-15-2022, 07:49 PM
I’m not a fan of flat face triggers on Glocks. Their Falx trigger is probably my favorite aftermarket Glock trigger and I’ve tried many.

G19Fan
04-15-2022, 08:18 PM
I’m not a fan of flat face triggers on Glocks. Their Falx trigger is probably my favorite aftermarket Glock trigger and I’ve tried many.

Worth it over stock in your opinion? Obviously subjective.

xmanhockey7
04-17-2022, 09:05 AM
Worth it over stock in your opinion? Obviously subjective.

Definitely. I saw immediate improvement over stock. It reduces pretravel and just feels better to me.

G19Fan
04-17-2022, 10:29 AM
Definitely. I saw immediate improvement over stock. It reduces pretravel and just feels better to me.

Awesome. Thx

Mark D
04-17-2022, 01:39 PM
I recently experimented with the Overwatch Precision Tac trigger (https://overwatchprecision.com/tac-glock-trigger/) on my training Gen 3 G19. The index finger on my dominant hand is quite short, and I was curious if having the trigger shoe a little closer to the grip would improve my shooting.

Overall impressions: It seemed well made, installed just fine, and the SCD worked 100%. The trigger shoe is positioned slightly more to the rear, compared to OEM or Apex.

However, over several sessions, I didn't see any improvement in scores on my go-to drills (The Test, 5 Yard Roundup, 25 yard B-8). So I removed it and went back to OEM.

If you buy one, shop around a bit. I've seen them at various prices at the online stores.

G19Fan
04-17-2022, 02:36 PM
I recently experimented with the Overwatch Precision Tac trigger (https://overwatchprecision.com/tac-glock-trigger/) on my training Gen 3 G19. The index finger on my dominant hand is quite short, and I was curious if having the trigger shoe a little closer to the grip would improve my shooting.

Overall impressions: It seemed well made, installed just fine, and the SCD worked 100%. The trigger shoe is positioned slightly more to the rear, compared to OEM or Apex.

However, over several sessions, I didn't see any improvement in scores on my go-to drills (The Test, 5 Yard Roundup, 25 yard B-8). So I removed it and went back to OEM.

If you buy one, shop around a bit. I've seen them at various prices at the online stores.

Thanks. I plan to do the same thing and see if it actually makes a difference on a timer. If not I will stick with oem

I think I am overthrowing my one time issue

G19Fan
04-17-2022, 09:50 PM
Thanks. I plan to do the same thing and see if it actually makes a difference on a timer. If not I will stick with oem

I think I am overthrowing my one time issue

Oops overthinking

LOKNLOD
04-17-2022, 10:09 PM
Any pros for the dat vs poly dat?

Not particularly - The polyDAT is a cheap enough to make "give a try" worth a shot. The metal DAT isn't.

To other posters comments - I would like to try a FALX. I think the curved trigger might work better with more finger like I shoot OEM triggers.

LOKNLOD
04-17-2022, 10:11 PM
overthinking

This?

Almost never happens; but if my master grip is sloppy there is the freak accident of me hitting the side of the trigger and not depressing the trigger safety.

Has only happened once in 3 years shooting 3 times a week, but has happened (was trying to get under 1 second draw from aiwb)

yeah, that's overthinking. :cool:

G19Fan
Not particularly - The polyDAT is a cheap enough to make "give a try" worth a shot. The metal DAT isn't.

To other posters comments - I would like to try a FALX. I think the curved trigger might work better with more finger like I shoot OEM triggers.

Thanks well I went off the deep end.

Got a poly dat, a tyr, and a falx

Will report back!

G19Fan
This?

yeah, that's overthinking. :cool:

Haha yeah completely overthinking lol

G19Fan
04-17-2022, 10:27 PM

If I don't like the falx will hit you up to see if you are interested.

G19Fan
04-19-2022, 10:30 AM
Ended up cancelling the falx as it felt too close to the stock trigger after trying a buddy's

Enjoyed the poly dat. Doesn't feel like it makes me shoot any better (poly dat with standard connector) vs a oem trigger with minus connector

https://imgur.com/a/2RWG06e

That said I'm glad I tried it. Waiting on a Tyr trigger to try it out too.

Hot Sauce
04-19-2022, 11:48 AM
Ended up cancelling the falx as it felt too close to the stock trigger after trying a buddy's

Enjoyed the poly dat. Doesn't feel like it makes me shoot any better (poly dat with standard connector) vs a oem trigger with minus connector

https://imgur.com/a/2RWG06e

That said I'm glad I tried it. Waiting on a Tyr trigger to try it out too.

From the aftermarket triggers I've tried thus far, the Tyr is IMO the best of the bunch and the only one I've kept long term.

Obviously, all highly subjective.

G19Fan
04-19-2022, 11:49 AM
Got the Tyr Triggers in. Nice but don't prefer the pull personally. Basically sticking with OEM and maybe 1 or 2 poly dats (which shoot the same for me vs OEM)

G19Fan
04-19-2022, 11:50 AM
From the aftermarket triggers I've tried thus far, the Tyr is IMO the best of the bunch and the only one I've kept long term.

Obviously, all highly subjective.

Interesting, will need to try the Tyr live fire. At least dry fire I don't like the trigger pull. But I'm also willing to give this another try using live fire.

rawkguitarist
05-20-2022, 12:00 PM
I have Overwatch TAC triggers in all my Glocks.

G42, G19, G17, G17Gen5

I dig them a lot. The reduced pre-travel is great. And the flat face seems to induce a nice rearward press.

mrozowjj
05-23-2022, 07:45 PM
Interesting, will need to try the Tyr live fire. At least dry fire I don't like the trigger pull. But I'm also willing to give this another try using live fire.

I'm very curious what you think. I'm looking at some options to try out on my Glock I used in USPSA.

G19Fan
05-23-2022, 07:59 PM
I'm very curious what you think. I'm looking at some options to try out on my Glock I used in USPSA.

I liked the overwatch dat and falx most of all. Bu t went back to oem. Loved trigger feel but didn't shoot any better.

Give me a shout if you want an overwatch dat! Non plastic

mrozowjj
05-23-2022, 08:20 PM
I just installed a Timney trigger and so far in dry fire it feels better but I've hread horror stories on the net about how unreliable they are so I guess I'll find out. I'm looking at altrnatives just in case.

Biggy
05-23-2022, 10:15 PM
I have been using the Timney Glock triggers (Gen 3-4) with the Johnny Glock Timney combat conversion kit in both my Shadow Systems MR920 and MR920L with no issues and both have around 800 rds through them. On my SS CR920 I use just the Timney Gen 3-4 trigger shoe that is now available from them, along with a Johnny Glock connector. I am totally satisfied with the trigger set up I have in all three pistols. They all have a reasonable amount of take up, a hard wall and a no creep 4.5lb and 5lb sharp break. While the reset on the two pistols that have the Timney trigger housings is decent and plenty strong enough for me, trigger reset is not quite as strong as the Glock factory stock trigger.

https://timneytriggers.com/enhanced-feel-trigger-shoe-for-glock/

Cecil Burch
05-24-2022, 12:19 PM
I am a huge believer in their TAC trigger. And it works great with a SCD.

I don't know if there is a huge performance improvement with it, but there is a major comfort level improvement. It doe snot cut into my finger the way the stock trigger does. Shooting 1,000 plus rounds at Scott Jedlinski's Instructor Red Dot class would have been a lot more problematic without the TAC trigger.

Plus I know the owner and guys who work at Overwatch are serious shooters and completley stand behind their product not questiosn asked. And they are just genrally good dudes.

G19Fan
05-24-2022, 12:44 PM
I am a huge believer in their TAC trigger. And it works great with a SCD.

I don't know if there is a huge performance improvement with it, but there is a major comfort level improvement. It doe snot cut into my finger the way the stock trigger does. Shooting 1,000 plus rounds at Scott Jedlinski's Instructor Red Dot class would have been a lot more problematic without the TAC trigger.

Plus I know the owner and guys who work at Overwatch are serious shooters and completley stand behind their product not questiosn asked. And they are just genrally good dudes.

They are really good dudes. I agree with comfort improvement. Did not see a huge performance improvement. but definitely a comfort level improvement.

ArgentFix
05-24-2022, 09:12 PM
Are Overwatch Tac triggers for Gen 5 in stock anywhere? IIRC polished was available on their website recently (not now) but I was hoping for NP3.