PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 G19 aftermarket slide?

dsa
04-05-2022, 04:21 PM
I have a Gen4 G19 and would like to experiment with a red dot sight. I am assuming the most cost effective way would be to get a new slide pre-milled for a dot. Who makes good aftermarket Gen4 slides and what footprint should I be looking for? I would prefer to go with something direct milled. Any suggestions and sharing of experience is appreciated.

GJM
04-05-2022, 04:34 PM
I have a Gen4 G19 and would like to experiment with a red dot sight. I am assuming the most cost effective way would be to get a new slide pre-milled for a dot. Who makes good aftermarket Gen4 slides and what footprint should I be looking for? I would prefer to go with something direct milled. Any suggestions and sharing of experience is appreciated.

I recently bought a GEN 4 19 slide from Brownell's's, ready for RMR footprint optics. So far very pleased.

dsa
04-05-2022, 04:40 PM
I recently bought a GEN 4 19 slide from Brownell's's, ready for RMR footprint optics. So far very pleased.

Thank you. Exactly what I am looking for.

MandoWookie
04-05-2022, 05:26 PM

I'm doing the same thing, and also looked at the Brownells Gen4 slides. But at least at the time I was looking, the Gen4 options were always out of stock.
But you can also get an adapter from Strike Industries to help run Gen3 slides and recoil springs on a Gen 4 frame, giving you more options, as Gen 3 aftermarket is much larger than Gen4.

I'm currently trying a Palmetto Dagger RMR cut slide. Work in progress, and most info out there on best practices for mounting optics is in relation to MOS plates or similar, so be aware of that, if you are going in as a complete novice, as I am.

Lon
04-05-2022, 08:20 PM
Brownells is my preferred aftermarket. I’ve had several. I’ve also used Aim Surplus brand and Lone Wolf brand. Neither compare to the Brownells. My go to off duty gun has a G19.3 RMR cut brownells slide.

G19Fan
04-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Brownells is my preferred aftermarket. I’ve had several. I’ve also used Aim Surplus brand and Lone Wolf brand. Neither compare to the Brownells. My go to off duty gun has a G19.3 RMR cut brownells slide.

Agreed. I love the Brownells slides. Great quality and they always run

S Jenks
04-05-2022, 10:43 PM
A Brownells slide with a Holosun 507C allows Trijicon HDs as usable backups.

DaBigBR
04-06-2022, 02:30 PM
I've also been pleased with the Brownells slides. They are well made, conservative in appearance, and have a great finish. I believe that Azimuth is their OEM.

I wish they were selling Gen 5 versions.

dsa
04-06-2022, 04:57 PM
I was unaware that the Glock Blue Label program included all first responders and active duty military. Turns out it is cheaper to buy a blue label G5 G19MOS than it is to buy an after market slide and outfit the slide with barrel and internals. To the red dot section to decide which Holosun to put on it.

G19Fan
04-06-2022, 05:58 PM
I was unaware that the Glock Blue Label program included all first responders and active duty military. Turns out it is cheaper to buy a blue label G5 G19MOS than it is to buy an after market slide and outfit the slide with barrel and internals. To the red dot section to decide which Holosun to put on it.

The new holosun mos specific optic is supposed to be pretty great. Wish it was an enclosed emitter

Lon
04-06-2022, 07:25 PM

Ya, the blue label program is the way to go if you qualify and want an MOS system.

WobblyPossum
04-06-2022, 07:43 PM
For anyone who didn’t know about this change from 2020/2021 and might now qualify, military veterans with an honorable discharge are now eligible for two blue label guns a year. The caveat is that veterans have to buy from a blue label distributor or dealer and can’t order a gun from Glock directly.

GJM
04-16-2022, 08:09 PM
Slightly off topic, but I just received an OEM G4 19 slide back from Maple Leaf. This is their Duty Cut. They do awesome work.

Utm
04-16-2022, 10:31 PM
Slightly off topic, but I just received an OEM G4 19 slide back from Maple Leaf. This is their Duty Cut. They do awesome work.

What was the lead time?