PDA

View Full Version : SAC Tactical/ Matt Gish 1911 Armorer's Course, Kila MT 26 to 30-Sep't.-2022

Bruce Cartwright
04-04-2022, 05:50 PM
Folks:

I am delighted to announce that SAC Tactical is hosting nationally known pistolsmith Matt Gish to teach a weeklong 1911 armor's Course at the Freddie Mercs Gun Wercs private range in Kila Montana during the week of 26-September-2022. Matt has an extensive background in gunsmithing in general and 1911 work in particular. A partial listing of Matt's background includes the following:
1. 1988: Graduate of the Colorado School of Trades;
2. 1985 to 1991: The Gun Room, Colorado-sales & gunsmithing;
3. 1991 to 1993: Springfield Custom Shop;
4. 1993 to 1996: Lead pistolsmith for Les Baer, Inc.
5. 1996 to 2008: Proprietor of Pro-Gun, Inc.
6. 2008 to present: FBI/CRG Gunsmith;
7. 2008 to Present: Lead FBI gunsmith for Hostage Rescue Team and SWAT.
Matt has deep experience with the 1911 design having maintained Bureau issued 1911s for both the Hostage Rescue Team and field SWAT Offices.

In this class students will learn how to properly fit a 1911 from quality parts. Every aspect of building and maintaining a 1911 are covered under Matt's expert tutelage. Students will leave class having built a 1911 with their own hands. For out of state residents, the finished guns will be shipped to them at their residence via local FFL (subject to shipping & FFL costs etc). The skills necessary to properly fit a 1911 are something of a dying art. Matt will provide all the necessary tools. Likewise, Matt has a list of acceptable parts that he has agreed to source for students for this class. Here is a chance to learn how to properly set up a 1911 under the watchful eye of a true expert. Equally, this is a rare opportunity to get this kind of training in the Pacific Northwest. The venue for this class is Freddie Mercs Gun Wercs Range. This facility has a modern climate controlled classroom with adjoining range facility. The classroom/range is 15 minutes from downtown Kalispell in scenic northwest Montana. There are great local accommodations and restaurants and we are in close proximity to Glacier National Park.

Tuition is $1,500.00 for the week. Parts will cost $1,375.00. For registration and payment details, please see the following link: "https://saconsco.com/product/matt-gish-1911-armorer-course/". For additional logistical details or questions, please reach out to me at: "info@saconsco.com". If you are interested in registering, please keep in mind that class size is limited to ten (10) students.

We hope to see you in Montana this fall for an exciting opportunity to learn from one of America's premier pistolsmiths!

Bruce

Bruce Cartwright
07-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Folks:

A quick update. This class, barring any unforeseen problems, is a "go" for this fall. We have a couple of slots left. If you have an interest in taking this kind of class, please reach out for me as soon as possible. Due to the need to buy parts kits, there is a significant lead time for making payments. Registrations have filled up quickly so if you want to take the class, please contact me. I can be reached at "info@saconsco.com".

I am looking forward to hosting this class. It should be a great experience. I hope to see you in Montana this fall. Thanks for your attention to this.

Bruce

Bruce Cartwright
07-26-2022, 07:28 PM
Folks:

A quick update. We have a couple of slots left. If you have an interest in taking this kind of class, please reach out for me as soon as possible. Due to the need to buy parts kits, there is a significant lead time for making payments. Registrations have filled up quickly so if you want to take the class, please contact me. I can be reached at "info@saconsco.com".

Thanks for your attention to this.

Bruce