PDA

View Full Version : P30 spring

CCT125US
09-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Changed out the TRS again after 15K. Wanted to cuss some more, so I detail stripped the P30V3. Very simple and straight forward IMO. I had the exploded diagram in front of me just in case I forgot what end was up. However, I did notice in the diagram Item #47 listed as Compression spring for recoil spring guide rod (234774). No, this is not the main recoil spring:) Both my wife's P30 and mine were purchased used and with 100% certainty did not contain this spring. Is this something they were both missing from the previous owner or did HK remove it at some point?

secondstoryguy
09-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Neither of the two 9mm P30s I have use this spring. Both have been utterly reliable. The HKparts website doesn't sell this part and it says "N/A" on their parts diagram. It looks to be in a super easy to loose location on the gun, my guess is they eliminated it from the design, or maybe it was something only for the .40S&W version. I'm definitely going to figure out what's the answer is.

secondstoryguy
09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Got a good answer on HK forums:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/164762-hk-p30-missing-spring.html

Also spoke to several knowledgeable HK handgun guys and they have never seen the spring.