PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Mossberg SGA vs Remington SGA for the 1301

GHZ71
03-29-2022, 06:48 PM
Has anyone had the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparison of these? It would appear that many seemed to have elected to go with the Mossberg, however is that because the Aridus adapter only works with the Mossberg or is it a design/angle difference between the two?

Pnut
03-29-2022, 07:39 PM
Based strictly on online pictures, it looks like the Remington stock has a little more reach between the trigger and the pistol grip. I ended up getting the Mossberg setup. I emailed GGG about the differences, but got no response. You could try calling them though. I’ve always gotten someone on the phone when I call.

The top is Mossberg, the bottom is Remington… I drew arrows pointing to the reach differences…

GHZ71
03-29-2022, 08:04 PM
I do see what you're referring to, but I would think the reach to the trigger could be adjusted simply by hand positioning? I wondered if there was a LOP advantage of one over the other. Also wondered if the more pistol like angle on the Moss was something that was found to have any benefit or deficit. Of course, I suppose that could be just an individual preference, but that was why I hope someone had some experience with both.

kwb377
03-29-2022, 08:50 PM
Based strictly on online pictures, it looks like the Remington stock has a little more reach between the trigger and the pistol grip. I ended up getting the Mossberg setup. I emailed GGG about the differences, but got no response. You could try calling them though. I’ve always gotten someone on the phone when I call.

The top is Mossberg, the bottom is Remington… I drew arrows pointing to the reach differences…

It looks like they made the Remington adaptor shorter to (somewhat) accommodate for the longer wrist of the Rem. SGA stock.

I bought the Mossberg GG&G adaptor and SGA stock merely because that's the ones my LGS had in-stock on the shelf...if they'd had the Remington parts instead, I'd have those mounted right now. :)

GHZ71
03-29-2022, 09:17 PM
I bought the Mossberg GG&G adaptor and SGA stock merely because that's the ones my LGS had in-stock on the shelf...if they'd had the Remington parts instead, I'd have those mounted right now. :)[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but may I ask why you would have chosen the Remington had they been available at the time?

kwb377
03-29-2022, 10:01 PM
Interesting, but may I ask why you would have chosen the Remington had they been available at the time?

I had been holding off ordering an adaptor (either Aridus or GG&G) and SGA stock because I didn't have an issue with the oem stock and didn't want to get off my wallet to replace it. My purchase was merely an impulse buy...I was surprised to see a local shop with a 1301 stock adaptor on the shelf. When I saw they also had the stock, I was sold.

If it had been the Remington parts instead of the Mossberg parts, I would have still bought them. I'm not saying I would have specifically bought the Remington versions over the Mossberg parts. If they'd had both in-stock, I'd probably just flipped a coin or closed my eyes, spun around twice, and pointed at one. I don't think there's any functional difference between the two.

Pnut
03-30-2022, 12:18 AM
Kind of off topic, but looking at the picture made me realize something… I was reading somewhere about why the GGG/Mossberg adapter was thicker than the Aridus adapter. It was mentioned that it needed to be thicker to allow for the GGG bolt buffer.

The GGG/Remington adapter is noticeably thinner. I guess it’s thinner because the longer reach of the Remington SGA stock gives room for the buffer?!?!

GHZ71
03-30-2022, 09:38 AM
Kind of off topic, but looking at the picture made me realize something… I was reading somewhere about why the GGG/Mossberg adapter was thicker than the Aridus adapter. It was mentioned that it needed to be thicker to allow for the GGG bolt buffer.

The GGG/Remington adapter is noticeably thinner. I guess it’s thinner because the longer reach of the Remington SGA stock gives room for the buffer?!?!

Perhaps we read the same thing about the adapter. The one I read was actually a response that GG&G was making on another forum about their adapters. The one thing they had said was the reason the Rem adapter was thinner was because of the angle of the stock coming off the receiver wasn't as great. I'm curious if they both have the same LOP (without any spacers)?

Pnut
03-30-2022, 04:33 PM
Based on the Magpul website, both stocks have the same LOP adjustment range, 12.3”-14.3”. So with the Remington spacer, you’d be saving what looks like about 1/4”

GHZ71
03-31-2022, 02:05 PM
Based on the Magpul website, both stocks have the same LOP adjustment range, 12.3”-14.3”. So with the Remington spacer, you’d be saving what looks like about 1/4”

I was watching a Lucky Gunner video on the 1301, an interesting bit of info was when it was mentioned that the conversion to the Mossberg stock reduced the LOP by 5/8 ". Can't help but wonder if one were to use the GG&G Mossberg adapter which appears to be noticeably thicker if there would be any reduction in LOP or be rt back to stock measurements? My math would suggest maybe 1/8" less than stock?
I was trying to see if Aridus had their adapter currently in stock unfortunately they don't offer a phone number nor seem to respond to emails. I was starting to lean towards the Aridus despite the absence of the recoil buffer offered by GG&G simply because it looks like it belongs, not so much with GG&G. Perhaps it's comes down to personal likes. Availability may the determining factor.
I would appreciate it if anyone out there knows how to confirm availability from Ardus.

dontshakepandas
03-31-2022, 03:01 PM
I was watching a Lucky Gunner video on the 1301, an interesting bit of info was when it was mentioned that the conversion to the Mossberg stock reduced the LOP by 5/8 ". Can't help but wonder if one were to use the GG&G Mossberg adapter which appears to be noticeably thicker if there would be any reduction in LOP or be rt back to stock measurements? My math would suggest maybe 1/8" less than stock?
I was trying to see if Aridus had their adapter currently in stock unfortunately they don't offer a phone number nor seem to respond to emails. I was starting to lean towards the Aridus despite the absence of the recoil buffer offered by GG&G simply because it looks like it belongs, not so much with GG&G. Perhaps it's comes down to personal likes. Availability may the determining factor.
I would appreciate it if anyone out there knows how to confirm availability from Ardus.

Aridus has their adapter in stock on their webpage as of right now. I've placed two orders from them in the last month and they have very quick shipping, so I'd go ahead and order it while its still there.

GHZ71
03-31-2022, 04:33 PM
Aridus has their adapter in stock on their webpage as of right now. I've placed two orders from them in the last month and they have very quick shipping, so I'd go ahead and order it while its still there.

Okay you talked me into it, however if it goes wrong I'm holding you personally responsible...lol

GHZ71
04-03-2022, 02:09 PM

Well I can rest better now. I did as you suggested on March 31st, was a bit concerned as there wasn't any communication until today 4/3/2022. As it was put "your order is complete" so I'm guessing it will go into the mail tomorrow. I was really concerned that I was going to get some notification that said sorry out of stock. Just wanted to say thanks for the little push!

Magsz
04-19-2023, 11:47 AM
Bumping this.

I'm looking to do this stock conversion to my 1301.

Has anyone put any more thought into the differences?

Off of the top of my head I kinda dig the more pistol grip like nature of the Mossberg offering versus the Remington stock.

TCinVA
04-19-2023, 02:04 PM
Has anyone had the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparison of these? It would appear that many seemed to have elected to go with the Mossberg, however is that because the Aridus adapter only works with the Mossberg or is it a design/angle difference between the two?

I've had clients show up with both.

The Remington stock has no business on a 1301. The adapter for it increases the reach to the trigger significantly and makes the angle of the wrist considerably more awkward.

If you have to buy a GG&G adapter...and you don't have to, as Aridus usually has them in stock now...go with the Mossberg version.

Magsz
04-21-2023, 12:03 PM
I've had clients show up with both.

The Remington stock has no business on a 1301. The adapter for it increases the reach to the trigger significantly and makes the angle of the wrist considerably more awkward.

If you have to buy a GG&G adapter...and you don't have to, as Aridus usually has them in stock now...go with the Mossberg version.

I went with the Mossberg Stock and GG&G adapter due to their inclusion of the little hydraulic buffer. It makes me nervous that the Aridus offering doesn't have that buffer which Beretta placed there for a reason.

I read your post about the Aridus variant being ideal and took that to heart but couldn't get over the omission of the plunger. Hopefully the GG&G works for me.

TCinVA
04-21-2023, 12:25 PM
I went with the Mossberg Stock and GG&G adapter due to their inclusion of the little hydraulic buffer. It makes me nervous that the Aridus offering doesn't have that buffer which Beretta placed there for a reason.

I read your post about the Aridus variant being ideal and took that to heart but couldn't get over the omission of the plunger. Hopefully the GG&G works for me.

I actually talked with personnel at Beretta about that prior to buying my first Aridus adapter...and I was assured it wouldn't cause any problems.

There are quite a few 1301's out there running Aridus adapters with high volumes of shooting through them with no ill effects or issues. My personal guns have seen thousands of shells with no problems.

I know that there was an attempt to turn the little buffer into a marketing meme, but the people saying that weren't saying that when they were selling Aridus parts. Just real talk.

The lack of a buffer isn't breaking guns or causing issues. If you don't have one, you're fine. If you want one just because and you're willing to make the LOP longer, you do you.

Pnut
04-21-2023, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know how much more length the GGG w/ buffer adds?

TCinVA
04-21-2023, 05:58 PM
I've not busted out a tape measure on it, but it's noticeable if you've used both.

Pnut
04-21-2023, 07:42 PM
I purchased the GGG/Mossberg over a year ago strictly due to availability at that time. As far as the bufferless Aridus goes, last I checked, Beretta sells it on their website, so I’m sure it’s good to go.

I just measured my GGG it’s .70”. Can someone with an Aridus measure it?

GearFondler
04-21-2023, 10:33 PM
I just measured my GGG it’s .70”. Can someone with an Aridus measure it?

I can't be 100% measuring it already installed but I'm getting approximately 13/32" (0.406") or 1cm.
0.3" is way more than enough to feel very different to one's hand.

Pnut
04-22-2023, 12:27 AM
Just for reference sake, here’s how got my measurement…103842