PDA

View Full Version : P2000 Trigger

Sauer Koch
03-13-2022, 06:59 PM
When my finger comes off of the frame/trigger guard, instead of the pad of my finger contacting the face of the trigger, the very end of the trigger tries to ‘impale’ my finger, on the right corner.

On my P30 & SK, it simply makes contact with the face as it should. Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone ever filed the end corner of the trigger, to fix this?
I know Rick Holm was working on a replacement trigger for the P2K, but my assumption is that the China virus put that on an indefinite hold.

OlongJohnson
03-13-2022, 10:51 PM
I have the same issue on USPs. I have trimmed the end of the trigger on my 9c. It still isn't awesome. One thing that pushes me in the direction of Sigs.

Wish someone would make an aftermarket trigger from billet steel with a less-curved shoe.

M2CattleCo
03-14-2022, 09:14 AM
Do HKs last forever because they’re so tough, or because they’re so miserable nobody actually shoots them?

JDB
03-14-2022, 11:49 AM
Anybody try the Gray Guns flat faced trigger for P30s? Curious if that would work on a P2000.

Sig_Fiend
03-14-2022, 03:12 PM
Allegedly someone on HKPro filed down the GGI P30 flat trigger tip and somehow made it fit a P2K. I think I saw mention of a P30 trigger return spring being used, but not sure if any other mods were necessary. If that actually works, I'd be all over a P30 medium weight TRS (234773) in the P2K as I quite like the feel of it with the standard hammer spring (214300) versus the lighter V1 setup.

Coyote41
03-14-2022, 06:48 PM
You can fit a P30 trigger to a P2000 with very little effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sauer Koch
03-15-2022, 09:42 AM
Interesting about the GGI P30 trigger...the question is, would Grayguns be willing to do this for me? I just emailed them; all they can do is say no. I also sent an email to Rick Holm, about his reported replacement trigger for the P2K.

Coyote41
03-15-2022, 10:26 AM
Interesting about the GGI P30 trigger...the question is, would Grayguns be willing to do this for me? I just emailed them; all they can do is say no. I also sent an email to Rick Holm, about his reported replacement trigger for the P2K.

It’s about 30 seconds with a file to cut the notch for the spring.

Sauer Koch
03-15-2022, 10:34 AM
It’s about 30 seconds with a file to cut the notch for the spring.

Thanks,

So, other than that, the other dimensions of the trigger are identical between the two guns, or it's just close enough that it will work, but it's not a perfect fit?

Coyote41
03-15-2022, 11:04 AM
When I was big into the P series, they were identical with the exception of where the spring notch is located. This is because the spring for the P30 captures the slide stop during takedown.

This applies to the factory triggers. I have no idea about gray guns, but it should work for that too.

Shipwreck
03-16-2022, 09:31 AM
I think it can just depend on the side of your finger. I don't have an issue with this

Sauer Koch
03-16-2022, 09:48 AM
I think it can just depend on the side of your finger. I don't have an issue with this

Not sure; it's something different in regards to the frame. This isn't an issue at all with my P30 and P30SK, I guess the frame is just designed a little different...I love the pistol, and would like to get this resolved, so I'll wait to see what Grayguns has to say.

Irelander
03-16-2022, 10:02 AM
When my finger comes off of the frame/trigger guard, instead of the pad of my finger contacting the face of the trigger, the very end of the trigger tries to ‘impale’ my finger, on the right corner.

On my P30 & SK, it simply makes contact with the face as it should. Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone ever filed the end corner of the trigger, to fix this?
I know Rick Holm was working on a replacement trigger for the P2K, but my assumption is that the China virus put that on an indefinite hold.

I have the same issue with my P2000SK. Following with interest.

Shipwreck
03-16-2022, 10:03 AM
Not sure; it's something different in regards to the frame. This isn't an issue at all with my P30 and P30SK, I guess the frame is just designed a little different...I love the pistol, and would like to get this resolved, so I'll wait to see what Grayguns has to say.

I've had my P2000 for about 7 years now. It is my favorite DA/SA carry gun. I did have a P2000sk as well, but sold it about 2 years ago because I never used it. I always carried the larger P2000. On your waste, they printed about the same anyway.

Sig_Fiend
03-16-2022, 11:10 AM
Well, I certainly don't need another project since have about 15-20 unfinished at the moment. ;) Bought another GGI flat trigger and have a P30 medium weight TRS. In a week or two I'll see if I can figure out how to make it work on the P2K.

Sauer Koch
03-16-2022, 02:21 PM
Well, I certainly don't need another project since have about 15-20 unfinished at the moment. ;) Bought another GGI flat trigger and have a P30 medium weight TRS. In a week or two I'll see if I can figure out how to make it work on the P2K.

I'm not sure if this will influence your decision, but I just got this email back from GG, and wanted to share it with you guys. I'm glad to hear that they DO have plans for triggers for the USP & P2000, but it doesn't sound like it's something that has even begun, so who knows on how long it will be before they are available.

Hi Danny,
As of right now, it can't. If someone did that, while it might work, we can't recommend that. We are going to be developing other triggers fo the rest of the HK line in the future, but for now we don't have anything and don't recommend modifying one of our triggers.

Thanks,
Chris

Sig_Fiend
03-16-2022, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the share. Definitely not going to influence any of my decisions though. ;) I'll file on this damn thing and see what happens, if only to check another thing off the list and know for sure whether it's a no-go or not.

It's two days from one year since I asked GG about expanding their flat triggers to other HK models. "They have plans" they said at the time. They build good products, but I would never hold my breath waiting for them. I honestly don't know what takes that long. Seems to me like it should be relatively small design changes to be able to expand to the P2K, HK45 series, and the whole USP line, but whatever.

javemtr
03-17-2022, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the share. Definitely not going to influence any of my decisions though. ;) I'll file on this damn thing and see what happens, if only to check another thing off the list and know for sure whether it's a no-go or not.

It's two days from one year since I asked GG about expanding their flat triggers to other HK models. "They have plans" they said at the time. They build good products, but I would never hold my breath waiting for them. I honestly don't know what takes that long. Seems to me like it should be relatively small design changes to be able to expand to the P2K, HK45 series, and the whole USP line, but whatever.
I'm with you, but I'm not sure how much we should really blame GrayGuns. It probably just comes down to numbers and he sells a hundred P320 triggers for every HK trigger.

Sig_Fiend
03-17-2022, 08:57 AM
I'm with you, but I'm not sure how much we should really blame GrayGuns. It probably just comes down to numbers and he sells a hundred P320 triggers for every HK trigger.

I get it, and hope I didn't come off too antagonistic. I'm still going to buy from them because they build good products. I'm just impatient and want what I want right now. ;)