PDA

View Full Version : End of Watch (upcoming movie)

NETim
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi956212505/

I distinctly heard the term "mag" used vs. "clip." I have great hope.

F-Trooper05
08-28-2012, 02:39 AM
This one looks awesome. I'm excited for it.

TCinVA
08-28-2012, 06:59 AM
I'd love to see a good quality LAPD-themed shoot-em-up...but I've never seen anything with that Gyllinhal (couldn't care less about how to spell his name) dude in it that didn't suck donkey-water right from the tap.

NMBigfoot02
08-28-2012, 08:05 AM
I'd love to see a good quality LAPD-themed shoot-em-up...but I've never seen anything with that Gyllinhal (couldn't care less about how to spell his name) dude in it that didn't suck donkey-water right from the tap.

This.

Smash
08-28-2012, 09:57 AM
I watched the preview for this and I believe it mentioned the two star characters as LAPDs "Top Guns"

I haven't been a cop but with a dept as large as LA would there ever be two uniformed officers that are that much different than every other one? And if so wouldn't they move them to something higher than uniformed work?

This is a question and not me bashing the movie.

LtDave
08-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I watched the preview for this and I believe it mentioned the two star characters as LAPDs "Top Guns"

I haven't been a cop but with a dept as large as LA would there ever be two uniformed officers that are that much different than every other one? And if so wouldn't they move them to something higher than uniformed work?

This is a question and not me bashing the movie.

Having worked for a neighboring PD for 20 plus years I can make some observations re LAPD patrol. Any body with anything on the ball at LAPD works in a specialized unit, be it Metro, CRASH, Detectives, etc. The run of the mill patrol function is filled with either trainees or burnouts/slugs who can't transfer or promote out of patrol. LAPD's specialized units are some of the best at what they do. Their patrol function, not so much. My PD provided a level of service that an LA resident would not believe.

dookie1481
08-30-2012, 07:12 PM
I've never seen anything with that Gyllinhal (couldn't care less about how to spell his name) dude in it that didn't suck donkey-water right from the tap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_(2009_film)

JDM
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
That was the worst movie I have ever seen. Seriously.