PDA

View Full Version : USPSA: Check my CO Rig before a class?

RJ
02-27-2022, 10:26 AM
I haven't been following all the ins and outs of rule changes in USPSA lately, so please forgive me, but: Could a RSO/MD here take a look at my kit pictured below and let me know if you have/would have any concerns from a legality standpoint for Carry Optics?

I've done exactly two matches since last September, last one several months ago, and haven't been to a match lately because: reasons. I have a two-day class with Tim Herron next month in March in Homestead FL, and I want to make sure I'm running my gear in accordance with USPSA regs so that when I go, I don't have to worry about whether my setup is kosher or not. "As far as I can tell", I am ok, but wanted a second opinion.

My rig is a Glock 34 on a BSPS D/OH w/ BT Holster. Empty Gun no mag weighs 790 gm / 27.9 oz. The DAA Racer Mag pouches are near centerline, tilted.

TIA.

fatdog
02-27-2022, 01:30 PM
only thing you might check is distance from the inner belt (see appendix E2, page 116) which must be no more than 2 1/8" (page 108)

looks ok to me and if you showed at one of our local club matches I doubt anybody would have questions

https://uspsa.org/viewer/USPSA-Competition-Rules-Sep-2021.pdf

RJ
02-27-2022, 01:44 PM
only thing you might check is distance from the inner belt (see appendix E2, page 116) which must be no more than 2 1/8" (page 108)

looks ok to me and if you showed at one of our local club matches I doubt anybody would have questions

https://uspsa.org/viewer/USPSA-Competition-Rules-Sep-2021.pdf

Appreciate it. I just measured my rig and curiously, mine is exactly the same measurement as the USPSA example, 1 5/8".

CleverNickname
02-27-2022, 02:26 PM
Not really a rules thing, but do you carry that timer lanyard around when you're shooting a match and not RO'ing? I'd be concerned that it might catch on something.

RJ
02-27-2022, 02:35 PM
Not really a rules thing, but do you carry that timer lanyard around when you're shooting a match and not RO'ing? I'd be concerned that it might catch on something.

No, that is my timer for dry practice, which I was on my way to for this photo. Sorry for confusion.