PDA

View Full Version : Expect Nothing:Dad orders 4-year-old to shoot at police at McDonald’s drive-thru

HCM
02-21-2022, 10:17 PM
Welcome to 2022….

https://nypost.com/2022/02/21/dad-orders-4-year-old-to-shoot-at-police-at-mcdonalds-drive-thru-cops/?fbclid=IwAR2RhAZmgauow7OS9SKDV4NUwXKKLMzvVG2qF0dS sW9uQBpO2FnkN4ArwSw

A 4-year-old child fired a gun at police officers on instructions from his father during a dispute over a food order at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Utah on Monday, officials said.

The shooting took place at a McDonald’s in Midvale, just outside of Salt Lake City, when a man flashed a gun at the fast-food workers during an argument about his order, according to Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake.

The adult male, with two children in the backseat, pulled over and waited for workers to fix his order.

But instead, the employees called the police, KUTV reported.

Officers arrived and were able to remove the man, who was being uncooperative, from the vehicle.

While he was being apprehended, police said the dad instructed the child – who was still in the vehicle – to shoot the officers. Cops said they saw a small arm and hand holding a gun appear from inside the vehicle door.

A police officer hit the gun as it fired, forcing the bullet upwards where it hit a restaurant awning.

No one was seriously injured in the incident, although the officer who hit the gun received a small injury on his arm, Fox 13 reported.

JohnO
02-21-2022, 10:58 PM
I have always believed that there is a list of certain things an individual can do that disqualifies them from ever being allowed back into society again. I have now added another item to my list. Father of the year this guy ain't.

Lester Polfus
02-22-2022, 12:18 AM
I’m really glad nobody had to shoot a 4 year old so they could go home safe to their own kids.

MDFA
02-22-2022, 03:46 AM
Every time I think I've heard or seen it all, someone comes up with something more fucked up than the last.

Bucky
02-22-2022, 06:37 AM
I’m really glad nobody had to shoot a 4 year old so they could go home safe to their own kids.

Indeed. Two thumbs up for the officer’s handling of this.

Chuck Whitlock
02-22-2022, 07:51 AM
Something tells me that even prior to this incident, that poor child was on a fast track to be a repeat customer of LE. Hopefully, this incident may serve to interdict that path.

But probably not.

Archer1440
02-22-2022, 07:56 AM
A somewhat more detailed story here.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50353283/4-year-old-shoots-at-police-as-officers-attempt-to-arrest-father-

Not the most excellent neighborhood, but not the worst either.

Leroy Suggs
02-22-2022, 12:59 PM
The fruit of "The Great Society".

iWander
02-24-2022, 02:01 PM
Indeed. Two thumbs up for the officer’s handling of this.Absolutely!

The officer then recognized that the person holding the gun was a child and yelled, "Kid, kid kid!" to his partner so the other officer would not return fire.

45dotACP
02-24-2022, 02:17 PM
I am not a huge fan of the death penalty, but I think Jesus himself would have tied a boulder to this dudes neck and thrown him into the sea.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

GearFondler
02-24-2022, 02:18 PM
Think about that incident for a second...

The father obviously had that type scenario pre-planned and had already instructed the child on how to respond in that situation and given him the gun.
I can't imagine that a simple "Shoot the cop" command in the spur of the moment would be enough to get a 4 year old to retrieve the gun, use it properly, and attempt the shot.

jnc36rcpd
02-24-2022, 03:44 PM
Not quite as extreme as this, but a friend was duty commander at a barricade scene. As I recall, it wasn't that serious offense and it wasn't even clear anyone would be arrested. The suspect exited the house holding his toddler in front of him like a ballistic shield.

Totem Polar
02-24-2022, 03:48 PM
As I’ve said before: nothing surprises me anymore, but I am still amazed on occasion.