PDA

View Full Version : Wilson EDC X9

JCN
02-21-2022, 07:20 PM
I had one milled by Nighthawk for an optic before WC was doing theres.

It looked like this:

I decided I wanted a “tactical gaming pistol” and sent the gun back to get an ambi safety fitted and a magwell installed.

When installing the magwell they do a cerakote as well.

Got it back today:

I figured with all the Staccato love, breaking out a WC would be fine.

ccmdfd
02-21-2022, 07:56 PM
Very nice!

Both in terms of the looks of the pistol, as well as your shooting ability.

Enjoy!

Guerrero
02-21-2022, 08:05 PM
Man... if I were ever to give in to "the wants" for a 1911-style gat, the WC EDC X9 would be it.

JCN
02-21-2022, 09:21 PM
I was going to do this.

JCS gave me the veto and I did this instead.

D-der
02-22-2022, 10:51 AM
Do you notice any difference with the micro comp ?

JCN
02-22-2022, 04:04 PM
Do you notice any difference with the micro comp ?

In the past I have noticed it act as a slight muzzle brake to slow slide speed, but it’s not a directional comp so it doesn’t help in the way something with up-ports would.

I think if it like a muzzle brake end cap rather than a comp if that makes sense.

D-der
02-22-2022, 06:58 PM
In the past I have noticed it act as a slight muzzle brake to slow slide speed, but it’s not a directional comp so it doesn’t help in the way something with up-ports would.

I think if it like a muzzle brake end cap rather than a comp if that makes sense.

Thanks, I'm curious about any realistic benefit on an edc, considering, I'm running a TP threaded barrel anyway.

Bergeron
02-22-2022, 08:59 PM
How did you arrange the threaded barrel, and how would you compare this “gamified” EDC X9 versus some of your other guns?

JCN
02-23-2022, 05:05 PM
Thanks, I'm curious about any realistic benefit on an edc, considering, I'm running a TP threaded barrel anyway.

How did you arrange the threaded barrel, and how would you compare this “gamified” EDC X9 versus some of your other guns?

So I went to the range and shot one round at 15 yards.

Then shot doubles at 7 yards to get a sense of the resonant frequency with the comp shooting Lawman to vision.

https://youtu.be/v4GfZQ3IVlM

I had one jerked pull but the others were shot well to vision JCS

The sight might be off just a hair to the right.

Pretty tight grouping at 0.17 doubles or so.

Feels just a little slower than without the comp but that’s not a bad thing if that’s where your accurate vision is.

There is such a thing as having a gun outrun your vision and trigger coordination.

JCN
02-23-2022, 05:54 PM

Threaded barrel is an upgrade option so they’re willing to hand fit one for the cost of Glock haha.

The trigger is still stock so the 4-5 pound weight and reset. The shooting mechanics are the same except the slide is a whiff slower with the micro comp which makes the dot easier to track and coordinate trigger timing.

A stock EDC X9 to me from my notes shoots like a stock Shadow 2 which is pretty good considering the extra size and weight of the Shadow.

This EDC X9… shoots like a regular X9 haha.

It’s very good but it’s not a race gun.

EDIT: The magwell might help just a touch with recoil control but probably more for reproducible indexing of hands.