PDA

View Full Version : Apex Trigger Shoe compatibly with SCD

Tensaw
02-19-2022, 08:45 AM
Gents,
I believe this has been hashed and re-hashed here, but I nonetheless haven’t been able to lock down an answer this specific question.

Will the Apex Trigger Shoe (only - no aftermarket trigger bar or connector) play correctly with the SCD (mine are Tau, may be some LTTs in my future though)? I can’t seem to sift thru whether the pre-travel reduction and reset reduction are a function of the trigger shoe or trigger bar/connector changes. Will the installation of the only Apex Trigger Shoe still allow the SCD to sit flat/flush when the trigger is at rest?

I would like to give a flat-faced trigger a go, but I want to retain as much of the factory safety standards as possible. In other words, I want the most conservative flat-faced trigger set up I can get. The Apex Trigger shoe seems to be that.

HeavyDuty
02-19-2022, 10:11 AM
Gents,
I believe this has been hashed and re-hashed here, but I nonetheless haven’t been able to lock down an answer this specific question.

Will the Apex Trigger Shoe (only - no aftermarket trigger bar or connector) play correctly with the SCD (mine are Tau, may be some LTTs in my future though)? I can’t seem to sift thru whether the pre-travel reduction and reset reduction are a function of the trigger shoe or trigger bar/connector changes. Will the installation of the only Apex Trigger Shoe still allow the SCD to sit flat/flush when the trigger is at rest?

I would like to give a flat-faced trigger a go, but I want to retain as much of the factory safety standards as possible. In other words, I want the most conservative flat-faced trigger set up I can get. The Apex Trigger shoe seems to be that.

I had the same requirements, and ended up with the polymer TD flat trigger shoes. I can find no measurable difference in function from stock.

Do you have a spare that you can leave stock and make measurements against?

Mark D
02-19-2022, 12:22 PM
I can't speak to the Apex trigger shoe, but I recently dropped an Overwatch Precision TAC (https://overwatchprecision.com/tac-trigger/)trigger into a G19. The Tau SCD sits flat and functions fine.

The TAC is a flat-faced trigger shoe on a Glock OEM trigger bar with NPE coating. But in timed drills it doesn't make any difference to my shooting. YMMV, of course.

LukeNCMX
02-19-2022, 01:48 PM
I can't speak to the Apex trigger shoe, but I recently dropped an Overwatch Precision TAC (https://overwatchprecision.com/tac-trigger/)trigger into a G19. The Tau SCD sits flat and functions fine.

The TAC is a flat-faced trigger shoe on a Glock OEM trigger bar with NPE coating. But in timed drills it doesn't make any difference to my shooting. YMMV, of course.

What Generation of Glock 19?

TCinVA
02-19-2022, 02:34 PM
Gents,

I have Apex triggers in my Gen5 G17 pistols with the Tau SCD. It works just fine.

I prefer buying the trigger with the trigger bar installed on it. Apex uses the factory trigger bar on the Gen5 models.

Apex is the only aftermarket fire control parts I use on Glocks because they're the only ones I trust (based on what I've seen over the years) to have properly engineered their parts to maintain safety.

It's kind of a clue that Boresight and LTT use Apex parts exclusively in their Glock packages.

Mark D
02-19-2022, 03:09 PM
What Generation of Glock 19?

Gen 3. Factory minus connector and NY1 spring, if it matters.

EVP
02-19-2022, 03:19 PM
You need to test it in your specific gun.

I tried a Apex trigger in a gen 5 g45 and my SCD did not sit flush. It sat a little proud. I remember reading that Tom said he designed the SCD to have some clearance between the striker and SCD. I highly value the SCD and so the Apex trigger moved on.

BWT
02-19-2022, 04:15 PM
I have Apex triggers in my Gen5 G17 pistols with the Tau SCD. It works just fine.

I prefer buying the trigger with the trigger bar installed on it. Apex uses the factory trigger bar on the Gen5 models.

Apex is the only aftermarket fire control parts I use on Glocks because they're the only ones I trust (based on what I've seen over the years) to have properly engineered their parts to maintain safety.

It's kind of a clue that Boresight and LTT use Apex parts exclusively in their Glock packages.

Seconded. My only complaint is finding a place with them in stock right now.

ETA: I should proof-read my messages closer when using a Mobile Device.

Up1911Fan
02-19-2022, 04:28 PM
I know the SSVI (now Glockmeister) TYR trigger works fine with the SCD in both Gen 4 and 5.

Tensaw
02-19-2022, 07:10 PM
Thanks gents. I think I got it.

MandoWookie
02-19-2022, 07:20 PM
Gen 3. Factory minus connector and NY1 spring, if it matters.

I've been curious how the Apex would mesh with that combo, though in a Gen4 in my case. Other than the flat face trigger, would it give any benefit or would that be a bad combo?

Mark D
02-21-2022, 10:33 PM
I've been curious how the Apex would mesh with that combo, though in a Gen4 in my case. Other than the flat face trigger, would it give any benefit or would that be a bad combo?

I like the minus connector and NY1 spring because I spent a couple years shooting LEM pistols and grew accustomed to a rolling break. I can't speak to Gen 4 glocks, as I only have Gen 3 guns. And I haven't tried an Apex trigger shoe, but I imagine it would be fine with that combo.