PDA

View Full Version : Justin Dyal Technical FOF pistol, Blue Force Gear Savannah, GA 26-27 March

JDNC
02-17-2022, 10:33 AM
Technical Force on Force is a class featuring tightly controlled, skills-based drills and exercises which center on the execution of the shooting tasks as opposed to decision-making, escalation/use of force, or tactics. For many shooters it is the ‘Missing Link’ between live fire training and tactical scenarios.

Picture the exercises in an advanced pistol class except that rather than shooting a paper target the shooter is firing marking rounds on a skilled classmate who is executing an opposing, often different, exercise .

Force on force allows shooters to safely experience moving targets, shooting in a crowded environment of friendlies and unknowns, and a wide variety of target angles. The class will also allow shooters to place marksmanship in different contexts such as being in control of a situation or reacting to an attack.

Blue Force Gear is hosting the classes (this one and another 16-17 July) in their excellent indoor climate controlled Joint training Facility at their Savannah, Georgia headquarters. Cost is $550. UTM and FX marking rounds will be available for purchase through BFG. Loaner pistols will be provided for shooters. Dm for registration or additional details.

JDNC
02-17-2022, 10:45 AM
Being under 'threat of pain' tends to bring a heightened focus and awareness to students which makes for an intense learning environment. I'm always impressed by the rate and depth of learning in most shooters compared to similar time and ammo spent in traditional live fire.

This is an intermediate level class designed to exercise and validate the skills and techniques a shooter has built more than instruct a shooter who has not yet built a solid foundation.

rcbusmc graciously provided an overview AAR of this class last year:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?46807-Justin-Dyal-Technical-Force-on-Force-JTF-at-Blue-Force-Gear-Savannah-GA-6-7-Feb-21

jc000
02-17-2022, 12:35 PM
I really hope to attend this.

I hosted a private a two-day Justin Dyal class (have been totally slacking on writing an AAR) and let me tell you that this was Yoda-level instruction. Absolutely phenomenal. I also did a one-day class at BFG JTF and it was an exceptional experience as well. Highly recommended.

rcbusmc24
02-17-2022, 03:07 PM
Looking forward to it.