camel
02-14-2022, 06:37 PM
Wtf. I can’t even.

TGS
02-14-2022, 06:40 PM
0p3n cArRy DETER$ Cr!mInlz hur dur dur

Cory
02-14-2022, 06:49 PM
Was that music the Lowes commercial, or Home Depot?

GyroF-16
02-14-2022, 07:29 PM
Was that music the Lowes commercial, or Home Depot?

As in “Let’s Do This” ?

LittleLebowski
02-14-2022, 07:30 PM
No one could have predicted this. Especially with such an in-shape, well trained individual.

LittleLebowski
02-14-2022, 07:32 PM
0p3n cArRy DETER$ Cr!mInlz hur dur dur

Another open carry fail.

Cory
02-14-2022, 08:39 PM
As in “Let’s Do This” ?

Yup. It's actually called the Home Depot theme I think.

https://youtu.be/ycPDM8OVqLI

Also, failure to conceal and be aware of your surroundings is bad and stuff. Especially if you're someone who may have interacted with bad guys in an official capacity, who may bump into them.

Totem Polar
02-14-2022, 09:10 PM
Brutal. That gun belonged to the one who wanted it the most.

GyroF-16
02-14-2022, 09:13 PM

But it certainly seemed to be offered up as if on a velvet pillow.
Just walk up and take it…

TAZ
02-14-2022, 09:41 PM

Ummmm. Yeah about that. Didn't take too much wanting to get a hold of it. Guess she is the typical urbanite who thought guns were a magic talisman of sorts. Sadly, her training cadre didn't teach her the error of her ways in a controlled environment. She is lucky she didn't get the snot beat out of her. Hope nobody of value gets killed with that thing.

HCM
02-14-2022, 10:57 PM
Ummmm. Yeah about that. Didn't take too much wanting to get a hold of it. Guess she is the typical urbanite who thought guns were a magic talisman of sorts. Sadly, her training cadre didn't teach her the error of her ways in a controlled environment. She is lucky she didn't get the snot beat out of her. Hope nobody of value gets killed with that thing.

She’s lucky she wasn’t killed with her own gun.

camel
02-14-2022, 11:23 PM
She’s lucky she wasn’t killed with her own gun.
That’s a training video if I ever saw one. How to get lucky and be alive wilebeing stupid

Cookie Monster
02-15-2022, 01:09 AM
Was there even a holster involved? Or it was just stuck in some yoga pants.

My six year olds are more prepared than that.

I thought there was going to be some kicking her in the head but the perp was being kind.

LittleLebowski
02-15-2022, 07:16 AM

45dotACP
02-15-2022, 07:56 AM
Brutal. That gun belonged to the one who wanted it the most.Hardly even that. A middle schooler could have stripped her of her gun.

What did she think that dude was just checking out her ass or something?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hambo
02-15-2022, 08:07 AM
Another open carry fail.

On her phone, unaware of everything.
Glock in ass pocket, just waiting to be stolen or cause a self-inflicted ass wound.
No ground game.

Hambo
02-15-2022, 08:12 AM

And how right you are. I saw one of our detectives at the bank one day (on or off duty I do not know), with his pistol and cuffs carried Mexican SOB. The whole time I was thinking what a dipshit he was and how I ought to grab his shit just to make a point. Good thing I didn't, because he became chief of the department within ten years.

willie
02-15-2022, 08:25 AM
And how right you are. I saw one of our detectives at the bank one day (on or off duty I do not know), with his pistol and cuffs carried Mexican SOB. The whole time I was thinking what a dipshit he was and how I ought to grab his shit just to make a point. Good thing I didn't, because he became chief of the department within ten years.

You are very wise. I always puckered up and kissed the wrong ass.:D

Tensaw
02-15-2022, 08:56 AM
Then she was all like, "Quick, call the Police!"

blues
02-15-2022, 09:35 AM

I had a similar experience early on in my career and I had just enough self-control (and survival instinct) to save myself from myself.

There was an FBI ASAC in NYC in the early to mid 80's who was on the news regularly and carried himself like a celebrity around town.

Well, there was a cop bar near the federal building which many of us from various agencies used as a watering hole. One day he was at the next table holding forth to his minions about this and that, all the while with his gun fully exposed behind him for anyone to casually walk by and grab for the asking.

I literally had to keep myself from taking it...(and of course lose my job, at best, in the aftermath)...but it was so offensive to me, that I almost did it anyway.

I guess you really can't fix stupid.

LittleLebowski
02-15-2022, 09:53 AM

The biggest shitbird I served with in the Corps retired as an E8 and I was astonished he’d made it past second award E2.

blues
02-15-2022, 10:04 AM
"Fuck up and move up" is a real thing. Right alongside "Suck up and move up".

Two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Totem Polar
02-15-2022, 10:31 AM

Given the plethora of quotes, I believe it prudent to clarify my previous statement. I’m not saying that the thug even wanted the gun all that much. He just put more thought in on taking it than she ever put into keeping it.
:)

LittleLebowski
02-15-2022, 10:42 AM

I kinda feel like she didn't want it and he earned it.

Clusterfrack
02-15-2022, 10:50 AM
That was a crappy takedown and weak side control, but given the helplessness of the “cop”, a solid win for the BG.

Also this:
https://www.bodegabrawl.com

1Rangemaster
02-15-2022, 11:15 AM
Sadly, at all levels of LE one might see something like this. I noted she was “lost in the phone”.
I recall another female NYPD officer decades ago who, although it wasn’t an open carry situation, got into a gunfight with three thugs in a hair salon. I think Mas wrote it up. She prevailed, although it can always go a bad way.
Hell, she’ll probably be transferred to Firearms training…
Oh, and remember the somersaulting young agent a few years back-that was a great one too! I can’t somersault, so one less risk for me…

awp_101
02-15-2022, 12:18 PM
The new roll call safety brief (or whatever it’s called)?

Randy Harris
02-15-2022, 06:01 PM
So much for open carry as a deterrent.....;)

Sensei
02-16-2022, 12:23 AM
Was there even a holster involved? Or it was just stuck in some yoga pants.

My six year olds are more prepared than that.

I thought there was going to be some kicking her in the head but the perp was being kind.

Not exactly. However, it appears that the string of her thong was wrapped around the trigger guard in a lanyard-like manner. That explains why she went to the ground so fast when the thief gave it a violent tug. That was one hell of a “veggie” (a wedgie applied to the female sex).

JohnO
02-16-2022, 12:31 AM
Not exactly. However, it appears that the string of her thong was wrapped around the trigger guard in a lanyard-like manner. That explains why she went to the ground so fast when the thief gave it a violent tug. That was one hell of a “veggie” (a wedgie applied to the female sex).

Veggie or Vaggie? :confused:

Oldherkpilot
02-16-2022, 07:31 AM
The new roll call safety brief (or whatever it’s called)?

Its called the Daily Prayer.😁

fixer
02-16-2022, 08:46 AM
Hilarious video.

TGS
02-16-2022, 08:48 AM
Not exactly. However, it appears that the string of her thong was wrapped around the trigger guard in a lanyard-like manner.

Raven Concealment should market that and charge a 500% markup.

blues
02-16-2022, 08:54 AM
Raven Concealment should market that and charge a 500% markup.

On the other side of the coin...the appendix carry device:

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/501/170/0fa51640738f0c7bd10e53de1a82e81c18-10-tampon.rsquare.w700.jpg

Wendell
02-16-2022, 08:55 AM
It's a neat video, for sure, but is it real?

All I see is that it's got a TikTok logo, and during the attack the 'security camera' follows the parties to the ground, and zooms in on them.

How do we know the video is real, and not just a prank video, made for TikTok?

WobblyPossum
02-16-2022, 09:08 AM

All I see is that it's got a TikTok logo, and during the attack the 'security camera' follows the parties to the ground, and zooms in on them.

It’s a video made by someone using their cell phone camera to record the CCTV video as it plays on a monitor. That’s why it looks like the camera is following the subjects. The person recording is moving their cell phone. Most CCTV systems I’m familiar with allow you to zoom in as you replay previously recorded video.

LittleLebowski
02-16-2022, 10:57 AM

I know it’s real. Wendell.

Hambo
02-17-2022, 06:04 AM
That was a crappy takedown and weak side control, but given the helplessness of the “cop”, a solid win for the BG.

Did anybody ever give you a Glock for a win? Yeah, I didn't think so. ;)

High Cross
02-17-2022, 11:17 AM
Sadly, at all levels of LE one might see something like this. I noted she was “lost in the phone”.
I recall another female NYPD officer decades ago who, although it wasn’t an open carry situation, got into a gunfight with three thugs in a hair salon. I think Mas wrote it up. She prevailed, although it can always go a bad way.
Hell, she’ll probably be transferred to Firearms training…
Oh, and remember the somersaulting young agent a few years back-that was a great one too! I can’t somersault, so one less risk for me…
If you are talking about Arlene Beckles who fired all 5 shots out of her chiefs in the early 90s at a robbery crew, she got rushed and the perp put his gun to her head and it jammed. There was a more recent bloombeg era situation in a hair salon where the cop got lucky with her chiefs and shot the gun out of the perps hand. The PBA embraced the narrative that she was a trick shooter which anyone here knows why that is a tremendously bad narrative to have. Especially when politicians are saying cops can shoot people in the leg etc.

Glenn E. Meyer
02-17-2022, 12:06 PM
I had a Code Eagle hit the front face of my 642 in a FOF. Nice splatter of red. Trick Shot! Also got hit in the hand by one in a night FOF around a house. Trick Shot!

Just a p-f thread drift. Maybe NYC should ban bodegas and get supermarkets.