PDA

View Full Version : I just picked up a 19.5 MOS...going to be my first attempt at a RD on a pistol

ECVMatt
02-11-2022, 10:29 PM
I got the chance to pick up a clean Glock Gen 5 19 MOS. I know this is a pretty pedestrian purchase, but I live in CA so it is hard to get Gen 5's. The trigger on this one is solid and I will probably leave it stock for the time being. I stripped it down for a deep cleaning, installed the medium backstrap and it seems good to go.

I have also been thinking that 2022 is the year I give a RDS a shot. I am going to wait until the Holosun SCS becomes available as it is a direct mount to the MOS cut on the slide. In the meanwhile I installed some Ameriglo Trooper sights to replace the plastic throw aways.

It looks like I will have some desert time in a couple of weeks so I can shoot the 19 and check the sights. Now that ammo is becoming available I look forward to putting a few hundred rounds down the pipe. Anyways I am pretty fired up about this one and love the Gen 5's.

Here are some pics of the new shooter just because:

TOTS
02-12-2022, 09:25 AM
I got the chance to pick up a clean Glock Gen 5 19 MOS. I know this is a pretty pedestrian purchase, but I live in CA so it is hard to get Gen 5's. The trigger on this one is solid and I will probably leave it stock for the time being. I stripped it down for a deep cleaning, installed the medium backstrap and it seems good to go.

I have also been thinking that 2022 is the year I give a RDS a shot. I am going to wait until the Holosun SCS becomes available as it is a direct mount to the MOS cut on the slide. In the meanwhile I installed some Ameriglo Trooper sights to replace the plastic throw aways.

It looks like I will have some desert time in a couple of weeks so I can shoot the 19 and check the sights. Now that ammo is becoming available I look forward to putting a few hundred rounds down the pipe. Anyways I am pretty fired up about this one and love the Gen 5's.

Here are some pics of the new shooter just because:

Great minds think alike. I recently picked up an optic ready blaster to jump into the dot game. It was supposed to be a 19 MOS but everything else I was shooting a 1911. I like your style.

Eagle1*
02-12-2022, 09:29 AM
What exact sights are on that Gen 5? I cannot see them that well, looks like Ameriglo, but cant tell if they are a set of troopers or Bold's...

claymore504
02-12-2022, 10:59 AM
Good starting place I would think. I decided to give them a try as well and had one of my CZ P09s milled and I am really liking it.

ECVMatt
02-12-2022, 11:46 AM
The sights are Ameriglo Troopers. They fit in the gap between the plate and the rear of the slide with no overhang. I like them so far, but need to shoot the gun to confirm the zero.

TOTS
02-12-2022, 12:06 PM
The sights are Ameriglo Troopers. They fit in the gap between the plate and the rear of the slide with no overhang. I like them so far, but need to shoot the gun to confirm the zero.
Was assuming you’d notice the Scree 32 in the background of my pics as well, same color!

ECVMatt
02-12-2022, 12:40 PM
Great minds think alike. I recently picked up an optic ready blaster to jump into the dot game. It was supposed to be a 19 MOS but everything else I was shooting a 1911. I like your style.

Yes they do!!! I really like that little pack. It is just about perfect for my day trips into the mountains and deserts.

I would love to give the S&W M&P a try but they are even harder to get in CA than the Glocks. That is on my list for things to try when I finally escape this communist wasteland!

I am getting ready for next weekend and some range time! I will post an update when I return.

KevH
02-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Good choice.

I picked up the same gun last year and love it.

Savage Hands
02-12-2022, 06:43 PM
Good choice.

I picked up the same gun last year and love it.

Same here, and paid the California Tax on it :cool:

KevH
02-12-2022, 07:24 PM

Mine came out to right around $700 "Blue Line" pricing after all the fees and sales taxes were paid.

I'm scared to think of what you guys are paying for them.

ECVMatt
02-12-2022, 09:46 PM

Mine came out to right around $700 "Blue Line" pricing after all the fees and sales taxes were paid.

It was expensive for a Glock but worth it for me. I have been getting a ton of overtime and lots of stupid Biden Bucks at my work so it was worth the splurge.

I am getting ready to move out of state in a couple of years and plan on selling them (my Gen 5's) before I leave to make sure that California has a few Gen 5's out there for the normal folks. In the meantime I am going to shoot the heck out of it and give a RD on the pistol a try.

Savage Hands
02-12-2022, 10:21 PM

BNIB from a deputy for $1,500.00

KevH
02-12-2022, 11:31 PM
BNIB from a deputy for $1,500.00

Jackass.

I sold my non-MOS Gen5 G19 a couple years ago to a guy for $650, which is what I had into it at the time including tax and a decent set of sights.

These morons are going to get our ability to buy off-roster guns taken away.

Caballoflaco
02-13-2022, 12:12 AM
I couldn’t resist, though I am still carrying without a dot for now because I don’t want to deal with maintenance.

ECVMatt
02-13-2022, 12:21 AM
I couldn’t resist, though I am still carrying without a dot for now because I don’t want to deal with maintenance.

Another MR Scree 32?

It looks like compact autos and compact packs go together quite well.

Caballoflaco
02-13-2022, 12:37 AM
Another MR Scree 32?

It looks like compact autos and compact packs go together quite well.

It is, I found it on sale at REI in summer 2020. I commute to work by moto and it’s been my everyday pack with the waist-belt removed for a year and a half. The shoulder straps and flexible back stiffner make it way more comfortable than more casual gear. And while it might look out of place in some environments, I’ve gotten nothing but compliments when paired with riding gear and using it in an urban area.

I love that I when I add the waistbelt it makes a great pack for an overnighter in warm weather or on day trips out to the woods.

Savage Hands
02-13-2022, 01:06 AM
Jackass.

I sold my non-MOS Gen5 G19 a couple years ago to a guy for $650, which is what I had into it at the time including tax and a decent set of sights.

These morons are going to get our ability to buy off-roster guns taken away.

Agreed, I hate supporting the ridiculous prices but there are not many legal means to get newer handguns.
My prediction is that the off roster exemption goes away eventually.

ECVMatt
02-13-2022, 10:39 AM
Mine did not come from an LEO but rather an intrafamily transfer.

I have about 5 more years before I can leave. It's a shame because this place was once great. William Shatner reminds us, "Has been implies failure; not so! Has been's history, has been was, has been might again." but I think it is too far gone to "Might Again". I'm out. I will sell all my off-list guns before I go to help those who remain behind, not for profit but more as an act of defiance.

Anyways I will post an update after next weekend. I am going up to the desert to do some coyote hunting and will get a chance to do some informal shooting.

mongooseman
02-15-2022, 10:18 AM
I would recommend replacing the oem optics plate with an aftermarket plate. The only complaints I can find online about Glock's red dot mounting system is about the mounting plates. C&H Precision has been my go to for a GEN 5 G19, a G45, and a MOS 43x. I have two coworkers who use them also and they have performed flawlessly so far.