PDA

View Full Version : Don't bring a gun...

jlw
08-24-2012, 05:23 PM
...to a car fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p12aWbLNDRU

JM Campbell
08-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Where's the Like button?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

SeriousStudent
08-25-2012, 01:20 AM
A CVPI weighs 4020 pounds, according to Ford. Give it a muzzle velocity of, say 40 miles an hour when he hit the jackass. So that rounds off to about 59 feet per second.

So I make that to be 237,180 foot-pounds of energy. Something tells me that round did not even need to expand..... There is a part of me that would like to see it launched into ballistic gelatin, however. Just to make sure. ;)

I hope all the officers are okay, and the bad guy is taking the big dirt nap.

Jason F
08-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Any other news stories about this incident? It's hard to figure out what was happening before and what happened after the "poor guy who was trying to straighten out his life" got hit by a few tons of the law. :D

Hope the LEO's all walked away. I doubt the perp did. hahahaha

LOKNLOD
08-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Something tells me that round did not even need to expand...

The round doesn't need to expand if it's big enough to make the whole target compress :D

LHS
08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Methinks this will soon be on Doc Roberts' list of quality duty rounds.

Chuck Haggard
08-25-2012, 09:36 AM
While I have always been a strong advocate of using the car when needed, we can't count on "stopping power" regardless of the size of the projectile.

SGT Chapin of Chattanooga PD found out that hitting a guy with a CVPI doesn't mean the asshole can't run and gunfight, and we (as a community of good guys) lost a good man that day.

Just sayin.