PDA

View Full Version : Guns get you in trouble?

DBLAction454
08-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Just a thread for fun.

Ever say something about your guns or buy one that got you in trouble with the wife or girlfriend?

Be respectful fellas this should be a funny thread.

My story: I came home from shopping with my girlfriend the other day and the entire time I was there all I heard was about her cousins upcoming wedding and shopping blah blah. But whatever sometimes you gotta be there for your girl.

Anyways I'm taking my gun off my hip and she says all cute "Do you love your guns more than me?" She already knows the answer to that so I say back (swear on my mother) "Of course honey its just that these ladies don't talk unless I want to hear them"

She's a good sport and we joke around all the time but it bought me an hour or so in the doghouse and I had to give her a massage later but she thinks my guns are sexy and wants to start shooting with me so we can spend more time together.

May have a keeper!

-DBLAction454

NETim
08-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Just a thread for fun.

Ever say something about your guns or buy one that got you in trouble with the wife or girlfriend?

Be respectful fellas this should be a funny thread.

My story: I came home from shopping with my girlfriend the other day and the entire time I was there all I heard was about her cousins upcoming wedding and shopping blah blah. But whatever sometimes you gotta be there for your girl.

Anyways I'm taking my gun off my hip and she says all cute "Do you love your guns more than me?" She already knows the answer to that so I say back (swear on my mother) "Of course honey its just that these ladies don't talk unless I want to hear them"

She's a good sport and we joke around all the time but it bought me an hour or so in the doghouse and I had to give her a massage later but she thinks my guns are sexy and wants to start shooting with me so we can spend more time together.

May have a keeper!

-DBLAction454

You'll learn.

Say nothing when asked such questions. A big kiss and a hug, then walk away.

Quickly.

My wife doesn't think my guns are sexy. They're just tools to her. She shoots the hell outta stuff with a .22. :)

Kyle Reese
08-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Not really, but then again I bought mine a Daniel Defense M4 for Chistmas, and we're going pistol shopping when I get back. :)

Feel your pain though.

Pro-tip: Hard to go wrong surprising her with a trip to the spa or a weekend at a bed and breakfast as a surprise.

DBLAction454
08-19-2012, 11:55 PM
This thread is not a help me please Im in trouble. Its a share your story thread

-DBLAction454

orionz06
08-20-2012, 12:12 AM
My most recent purchase got me into some shit. I bought a Silencerco Sparrow. She got pissed because it doesn't make sense if we don't have 2.

Jason F
08-20-2012, 06:18 AM
My most recent purchase got me into some shit. I bought a Silencerco Sparrow. She got pissed because it doesn't make sense if we don't have 2.

Now THAT's the kind of trouble we should all get in! :D

orionz06
08-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Now THAT's the kind of trouble we should all get in! :D

I think it will wear off but not until I capitalize on it.

gtmtnbiker98
08-20-2012, 07:06 AM
My wife is pretty tolerant of my buying, but she hates the range time. So I pretty much live in the dog house.

NETim
08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
My wife subscribes to Clint Smith's philosophy:

Some people just need to be shot.

So as long as we've got a roof over our heads, guns, training and ammo have a green light. I am very fortunate.

RoyGBiv
08-20-2012, 04:01 PM
One time I was talking with my kids in the kitchen. Had some greasy fingerprints on my reading glasses. Grabbed the hem of my sweater and started wiping. Kids eyes grew big, like half dollars. "Is that a GUN, daddy?"...

:o:o

NMBigfoot02
08-21-2012, 07:37 AM
The wife's not too keen on my purchases sometimes, but she only gets disappointed when I go to the range without her.

JMS
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I taught the henchwoman how to shoot pistols. She's got me beat hands-down when it comes to straight-up accuracy stuff; static, defined target, shooting for groups, she turns in far better groups than I do, legit. I'm perversely proud of the fact that she's gonna surpass me completely if she keeps at it. She's still wringing out how adding "timed" to something is stress, and how to NOT outrun her headlights.

This weekend, she shot to 15yd for groups for the first time and did very well, while my results were the usual embarrassment....:p

Dialed it back to 5yd for a Typewriter drill, however, and she lost her damned mind; took 50-odd seconds to get 5 hits, while I was low-20s and only dropped one.

Apparently, I'm a big meanie because I lifted my fists skyward and bellowed "Who runs Bartertown...!?!? MASTER BLASTER RUNS BARTERTOWN!!!"

RoyGBiv
08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Apparrently, I'm a big meanie because I lifted my fists skyward and bellowed "Who runs Bartertown...!?!? MASTER BLASTER RUNS BARTERTOWN!!!"

I'd sleep with both eyes open for a week at least, and don't eat anything she isn't also serving to the kids from the same pot. ;)

GooberTim
08-21-2012, 03:21 PM
My wife knows there are 2 kinds of hand guns; black ones and silver ones. I have 1 (one) of each.... Black ones are ~ $500 and silver ones are a hundred $ or so more than black ones.