PDA

View Full Version : Fatbike specific advice and general BS’ing request

Totem Polar
01-01-2022, 05:00 PM
I know that there is the forever-long mountain bike thread, but I’m actually looking for a deep niche dive on Fatbikes in the snow, on trails. So far, I know that #1, I can’t let this idea go, #2, it’s snowy as hell here, #3, I’ll need a bike with fat tires (eg. 27.5 x3.8 or 4”), #4, I’ll need to up both my base layer and snowbiking pants game—since I hate the cold—and, #5, there are folks here who have already cracked the code on all of this.

Let ‘er rip, hive mind, let ‘er rip… and I appreciate the advice in advance, more than you know.

:)

Doc_Glock
01-02-2022, 12:19 AM
https://www.mtbr.com/forums/fat-bikes.164/

That place will probably have the info you are looking for.

I have been heavily in to mountain biking for decades, but fat bikes specifically for snow or sand are their own thing and that particular niche I know little about. Happy to be available for any questions though. You have my number.

Duces Tecum
01-02-2022, 11:56 AM
I’ll need to up both my base layer and snowbiking pants game—since I hate the cold—

May be too warm, especially because you'll be exercising heavily, but have you considered two-piece snowmobile suits? The two-piece may allow for temperature adjustments.

Duces