PDA

View Full Version : Kriss vector question

Dragnframe
12-25-2021, 06:43 PM
Hi, guys.

New here but happy to finally find a active gun forum.

Anyways,I got a Kriss Vector gen 2.1 9mm

My question is,if I want to put an arm brace on it, will a basic ar15 buffer tube and brace work?

Thanks

JRB
12-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Hi, guys.

New here but happy to finally find a active gun forum.

Anyways,I got a Kriss Vector gen 2.1 9mm

My question is,if I want to put an arm brace on it, will a basic ar15 buffer tube and brace work?

Thanks

Welcome to the party!

I've got a gen 2 in 45 ACP, and the short answer is yes, it'll work with an AR buffer tube. I'm not the biggest fan of the material thickness there as the tiny set screws to hold it in place are pathetically insufficient for even the Kriss branded folding hinge for the gen 2. If installing a tube directly into the weapon without a folding hinge, I'd use a castle nut to keep it secure instead of relying on the set screws. The Kriss branded hinge is also very long for what it is, and it takes a very short brace to even work, as many braces for AR's will end up past your elbow with the Kriss branded hinge.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd find the an M1913 vertical rail conversion for the AR buffer tube thread (there's a few out there to convert normal AR lowers to MPX/tubeless style builds) and choose a folding M1913 brace from there. Honestly I'm hoping Kriss themselves go to a 1913 rail section for braces/stocks instead of the AR pattern tube, that was a really bone-headed move on their part IMHO.