PDA

View Full Version : Beretta grip screw bushing

EVP
12-13-2021, 07:30 PM
Quick question for Beretta people.

I was changing grips on a 92 and a bushing came out when removing the grip screw. I see they are staked from the factory.

Can I just throw some red Loc-tite on it and be good? Or is it preferred they are staked?

lwt16
12-13-2021, 08:35 PM

Per an old armorer’s manual. Hope this helps. If it were mine, I’d Loctite it if the threads seem okay.

5pins
12-14-2021, 10:05 AM
Assuming it's not stripped red loctite should work fine.

EVP
12-17-2021, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys. Threads are good they just backed out with the screw. I will put some red loctite on it and call it good.

FreedomFries
12-18-2021, 05:23 PM
What is the torque spec for the grip bushing? I've had some trouble recently with these. About to replace a grip bushing on an LTT Centurion and restake because one came loose and I boogered it up from retightening with a field expedient tool instead of a bushing driver. The frame threads are fine and I have the bushing driver and Beretta grip bushing staking tool at home.

This is the second Gallatin gun I've had the grip bushing(s) back out on. The first being a 92DXR where they weren't even staked.

5pins
12-19-2021, 09:58 AM
What is the torque spec for the grip bushing? I've had some trouble recently with these. About to replace a grip bushing on an LTT Centurion and restake because one came loose and I boogered it up from retightening with a field expedient tool instead of a bushing driver. The frame threads are fine and I have the bushing driver and Beretta grip bushing staking tool at home.

This is the second Gallatin gun I've had the grip bushing(s) back out on. The first being a 92DXR where they weren't even staked.

The M9 TM says sung.

awp_101
12-19-2021, 01:32 PM
The M9 TM says sung.
Gallatin is close enough to Nashville, I’ll bet they can find someone to sing to the bushings as they install them.

FreedomFries
12-19-2021, 08:36 PM
The M9 TM says sung.

Thanks. I figured 15 inch lbs would fit the snug definition but the bushing driver slips easily and tears up the shallow slot when approaching that level of torque. So, I think next time I will just do 10-12 inch lbs, which should be plenty with Loctite and/or staking the back side.