PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Burch, Immediate Action Combatives, Sterling VA 25-27 Feb

John Murphy
12-08-2021, 09:49 AM
All!

I am hosting Cecil's Immediate Action Combatives course at Disciple MMA in Sterling, VA 25-27 February. Cecil has scaled this course so that everyone will achieve maximum benefit for their investment.

"Contrary to popular belief, many empty hand fights and those involving weapons, end up entangled, either standing or on the ground. No amount of pontificating or self-proclaimed “expert” posturing will change this simple fact. If you ignore this reality, you may very well find yourself in a situation you cannot handle with disastrous consequences. This course is designed to give the layman a realistic and functional set of concepts, techniques, methodologies, training drills and experiences that will prepare them for a worst case grappling scenario. All techniques and concepts are high percentile applications which span a wide spectrum of confrontations. Training consists of presentation, drilling and Force-On-Force evolutions providing attendees with immediate feedback regarding the efficacy of the skills learned. The goal of this course is not to create a “ground fighter” or grappler. The objective is to provide attendees who have limited training time and resources with solid ground survival and escape fundamentals geared toward the increasingly violent weapon based environments they may live, work and/or travel within. And all techniques/concepts are from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, and Boxing and are combat proven over the past 80 years by thousands and thousands of practitioners, including the U.S. Army.

These methods are for everyone regardless of physical condition – young, old, male, female, athlete or not – You DO NOT have to be a professional fighter to perform at a functional level. This will be a class about physical training, but it is NOT boot camp. Participants may go at the pace that is comfortable for them, while trying to push the envelope of their own individual performance.

Requirements: loose, comfortable but durable clothes, mouthpiece, cup, notebook, and an open mind. Boxing or MMA gloves are strongly encouraged, but are not mandatory. Blue Guns and matched holsters, and training knives are a good idea, but there will be loaners available.

Surviving/defending/escaping from the bottom

Getting back to your feet / staying upright

Defending against strikes on the ground or clinch

Denying the attacker weapon access – understanding technique, positional hierarchy, and timing

Proper role of “dirty tactics”

Multiple opponents

Essential training principles, methods, and drills

Underlying concepts and mindset for the clinch in a self-defense context

Dealing with the sucker punch/ambush

Fundamentals of the clinch

Controlling the entanglement

Disengaging and making distance for escape, weapons access or orientation reset

Performance coaching and troubleshooting

Structuring and balancing your training for a real world lifestyle"

All delivered in a professional, ego free manner.

Enroll here! (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cecil-burch-immediate-action-combatives-tickets-172156995207)

Totem Polar
12-08-2021, 10:30 AM
This course is solid. Recommended.

UNM1136
12-08-2021, 11:53 AM
This course is solid. Recommended.

Agreed. I put my 20 year old daughter through it before I bought her a handgun. I am that big a believer. This and ECQC should be manditory for those that carry guns "just in case".

I will sit here in the corner eating popcorn and quietly cheering for Brandon as people try to decide which is the prerequisite for the other.

pat

Totem Polar
12-08-2021, 11:55 AM
…which is the prerequisite for the other.

Which ever one comes up for open enrollment first and close.
:cool:

Cecil Burch
12-13-2021, 01:51 PM
Annette Evans will be helping out as well, so there will be extra coaching for the entire course.

Gun Nerd
12-15-2021, 05:58 AM
I’m signed up.

Cecil, any recommendation for gloves?

Cecil Burch
12-15-2021, 11:44 AM
I’m signed up.

Cecil, any recommendation for gloves?

If you don't have any, don't buy them for the class. I will have loaners, or we can do an easy work-around. I am not a fan of people spending money on my stuff until they know they will get good use out of it.

Gun Nerd
12-15-2021, 08:16 PM
If you don't have any, don't buy them for the class. I will have loaners, or we can do an easy work-around. I am not a fan of people spending money on my stuff until they know they will get good use out of it.

Cecil -

Thanks, that answer works for me!

Looking forward to class.

GN