PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg enters micro compact market MC2SC

octagon
10-21-2021, 01:02 PM
This looks good for Mossberg. 11 rnd flush fit and 14 rnd extended mag in Glock design/function polymer frame that also takes MC2C mags so 15 rounders already available. It is optics ready which the MC2C and MC1 have not been so maybe that means the others will follow. All the usual features of metal sights, front and rear cocking serrations, flat trigger, extractor that doubles as loaded chamber indicator. Metal drop free mags and no trigger pull to dis-assemble. A couple less parts than a Glock but same basic functioning and easier to clean striker and striker channel. US made. It seems similar to the 365XL but slightly smaller so in between the XL and regular 365. No word of what the optic is cut for or plates system if any.

I hope H&K does double stack/stack and half when they come out with theirs unlike the missed opportunity CZ and Beretta made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSpy0O8oWHQ

octagon
10-24-2021, 09:08 PM
Here is some more info on the MC2SC. Specs compare almost identically to the Shield plus. The length is .1 longer and the barrel is .3" longer but otherwise pretty much the same while the flush fit mag holds one more round as does the extended mag at 11 and 14. MSRP is $50 cheaper.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mc2sc-89025/

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-shield-plus?sku=13534

GearFondler
10-25-2021, 03:41 AM
That's so ugly its almost cute... Did Taurus design it?

HeavyDuty
10-25-2021, 06:22 AM
There’s a lot to like about the Mossberg design, like the low optic cut - but that crossbolt safety. Oy.

I suppose the crossbolt makes sense for Mossberg and their intended market.

TheNewbie
10-25-2021, 07:20 AM
There’s a lot to like about the Mossberg design, like the low optic cut - but that crossbolt safety. Oy.

I just don’t get why someone cannot (or will not) make an excellent manual safety on these guns. If you are going to have a manual safety anyway, do the best job you possibly can making it.

octagon
10-25-2021, 09:32 AM

I agree. Thank God they offer it without that feature. I find it odd from Mossberg since they have the better ergonomic safety on their shotguns. Speaking of low optics cut I think the rounded slide top makes for a good design for low cut and regular sights since it raises the sight plane naturally. Mossberg seems to have took the Glock and addressed most of the common "complaints". Metal sights,grip angle, pulling the trigger to disassemble, higher capacity slimlines, etc. I may have to pick one up to show support and check them out in more detail. It's always nice to see a historic US manufacturer making strides in the market.

joshs
10-25-2021, 09:54 AM
I just don’t get why someone cannot (or will not) make an excellent manual safety on these guns. If you are going to have a manual safety anyway, do the best job you possibly can making it.

Right. Smith put a pretty good safety on the M&P 22. The 320 safety is ok, but most modern manual safeties are terrible. Even a 1911 GI safety is superior to almost every modern design.

For some reason, gun companies just can't seem to get manual safeties or grip texture right (almost every pistol, including this Mossberg, omits grip texture high on the frame where it is most needed).

Lon
10-25-2021, 10:52 AM
They need to stop coming out with new things until they unfuck their current production stuff. The Academy I teach at just bought Mossberg 500s to use and they were the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. How you fuck up a 500 is beyond me. The safeties were so hard to deactivate we stopped using them. The student needed both thumbs to get them to move, if they moved at all.

octagon
10-25-2021, 01:16 PM
TFB review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNhzhTAK-k

willie
10-27-2021, 07:48 AM
They need to stop coming out with new things until they unfuck their current production stuff. The Academy I teach at just bought Mossberg 500s to use and they were the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. How you fuck up a 500 is beyond me. The safeties were so hard to deactivate we stopped using them. The student needed both thumbs to get them to move, if they moved at all.

Did anyone contact Mossberg about this problem?

TiTaN
11-06-2021, 09:42 PM
It's what the Glock 43 should've been. Same size

octagon
04-14-2022, 10:15 AM
1000 round torture test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RtaW1wyOck

LockedBreech
04-14-2022, 10:32 AM
Right. Smith put a pretty good safety on the M&P 22. The 320 safety is ok, but most modern manual safeties are terrible. Even a 1911 GI safety is superior to almost every modern design.

For some reason, gun companies just can't seem to get manual safeties or grip texture right (almost every pistol, including this Mossberg, omits grip texture high on the frame where it is most needed).

I like the HK P30 and M&P ones. Otherwise agreed. If you’re going to have a safety, It should be a large, easy to hit lever that operates smoothly but not loosely. There are far too many “Little bitty nub” safeties. Useless in a real threat situation where your fine motor coordination is all clunky.

Edit: forgot to include the P365-MS I got for my fiancée. It has a surprisingly well done safety for a micro compact. Much better than the useless “almost as small as the takedown notch” safety her Ruger EC9S has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coN
02-24-2023, 06:15 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead because this gun has tickled some of the wants I had in mind and maybe some (or one) of yall has some insight.

So I'm currently hocking my P365. Not a bad gun by any means, loved how it carried but I never really liked the way it felt when shooting it. Shooting an optic ready 2.0 Shield *really* reinforced that opinion. I tried going the optic ready slide route, but they all require the updated extractor and striker which are all but unobtanium atm. I could get it milled to update it but they're fairly shallow cuts.

Buying an OEM slide and a Wilson grip module comes dangerously close to the cost of a new gun, so i started looking into a slightly bigger optic ready option (ala Xmacro or 4" Shield) and found the Mossberg. Found some videos and shockingly, it looks like it uses Glock parts (from a 43? 48?) but I cannot get any confirmation of that.

Mossbergs online store doesn't list any replacement parts, but if this thing uses easily available/replaceable Glock parts, man I am in with the MC2C because its roughly the P365 Xmacro size; a slim Glock 19.

Can anyone chime in if this is the case?

octagon
02-25-2023, 09:04 AM
Bringing this thread back from the dead because this gun has tickled some of the wants I had in mind and maybe some (or one) of yall has some insight.

So I'm currently hocking my P365. Not a bad gun by any means, loved how it carried but I never really liked the way it felt when shooting it. Shooting an optic ready 2.0 Shield *really* reinforced that opinion. I tried going the optic ready slide route, but they all require the updated extractor and striker which are all but unobtanium atm. I could get it milled to update it but they're fairly shallow cuts.

Buying an OEM slide and a Wilson grip module comes dangerously close to the cost of a new gun, so i started looking into a slightly bigger optic ready option (ala Xmacro or 4" Shield) and found the Mossberg. Found some videos and shockingly, it looks like it uses Glock parts (from a 43? 48?) but I cannot get any confirmation of that.

Mossbergs online store doesn't list any replacement parts, but if this thing uses easily available/replaceable Glock parts, man I am in with the MC2C because its roughly the P365 Xmacro size; a slim Glock 19.

Can anyone chime in if this is the case?

I wondered the same thing and asked a rep at SHOT last year. He said parts were very similar but wouldn't comment further which with his expression I took to mean that connectors and some trigger parts may work. I have yet to find any confirmation though. Maybe a Mossberg forum would have clearer answers. They are pretty impressive guns from a design point and cost/value. American made, less parts than Glock but same basic operations and safety aspects, no need to pull trigger to field strip, easier to detail clean, lower optic mount not needing suppressor height sights, metal sights standard, and metal mags that drop free. The MC2C also uses full length recoil spring assembly unlike Glock 48.

Robert Mitchum
02-27-2023, 04:16 AM
Picked up a MOSSBERG MC2C last Friday on a trade at the range.
Its thin and holds 16 plus 1 with extended mags.

The trigger is a little heavy, but I like stock P30 DA/SA triggers.

looks to me the aftermarket support is just about nil.
For a summer carry around the yard that holds 17 rounds.

I ordered a talon grip and a few 16 round magazines.
200 rounds so far 30 where hollow points.

The mags load easy and seem to be well made.
I am no world class shooter by any stretch ran the wizard drill a few times the 7-yard head shot my times where 2.19 to 2.24 that's good for my skills.
For the price and what you get it seems to be so far a good deal.
If it goes another 500 rounds with no problems, I will use it in the summer.

With good ammo it seems to be a 2.5-to-3.5-inch pistol at 25 yards from online reviews ... off my range bag tried a few groups... not my best work, but they were under 4"

Found this... I have no interest doing on trigger job on it.

https://www.mcarbo.com/mossberg-mc1sc-/-mc2c-trigger-spring-kit.aspx

Will put another 150 rounds on Tuesday.

coN
02-27-2023, 08:48 AM
I am probably going to nab one. A fraction of the cost of the Xmacro, aside from the length of the grip (17 vs 15 rounds) its the same size. Mags don't cost a fortune (*IF* you can find them) and aren't susceptible to rusting like my P365 15 rounders. I don't need another subcompact or mouse gun since the Shield Plus and LCP Max fulfill those roles.

The idea of a $450 skinny Glock 19 that holds 16+1 with a deep optic cut from the factory is just too good for me not to look into.

That being said, the superficial side of me wants it because it's made in Texas 😅😅😅

Robert Mitchum
02-27-2023, 12:05 PM
He runs some Bill drills at the 9-minute mark.

https://youtu.be/pgq2D84n28w