PDA

View Full Version : Standard Manufacturing - Making Stupid Guns I still kind of want

RevolverRob
10-20-2021, 11:01 PM
You probably know them best for the retarded volley fire .22 Mag revolver called the "S333 Thunderstruck" - It's dumb, it's stupid, it's idiotic. I still kind of want one:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-jxztkc/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/592/3623/8__29083.1613060690.jpg

And you may know them from the equally retarded double barrel pump action DP-12 shotgun. That is definitely dumb, stupid, idiotic, and I want one because Doom and Turok figured too much into my adolescence:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-jxztkc/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/547/4953/DIGI_DP12-1470059__06419.1489429308.1280.1280__65497.1525793 341.1280.1280__14744.1616078849.jpg

Now they are introducing something just as stupid - and you guessed it - I kind of want one. Introducing the Switchgun: if a NAA Mini with a folding grip met a spring and had a baby:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-jxztkc/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/2075/5209/6__26883.1634220753.jpg

https://youtu.be/-YK1CADDNeM

I have zero use for any of these guns, I want them all for reasons I can't explain. But can only explain with a single word, 'Murica.

Joe in PNG
10-20-2021, 11:19 PM
You need to lust after a better quality of derp.
Standard is for those who think Kel-Tec is posh.

RevolverRob
10-20-2021, 11:52 PM
You need to lust after a better quality of derp.
Standard is for those who think Kel-Tec is posh.

Lust might be a bit of an overstatement.

I want these guns, kind of like I want a Ferrari. Or a British motorcycle. Fun to play with and look at, but you don't expect them to run long or stand up to substantial use.

Joe in PNG
10-20-2021, 11:57 PM
Lust might be a bit of an overstatement.

I want these guns, kind of like I want a Ferrari. Or a British motorcycle. Fun to play with and look at, but you don't expect them to run long or stand up to substantial use.

I would put it more as the Pontiac Fiero with the OBO sign, or a fling with that kind of hawt trailer park chick in line at Walmart myself.

LHS
10-21-2021, 03:04 AM
The last "Thunderstruck" I saw was keyholing and couldn't hit a full-size IDPA silhouette at 5 yards.

Absolute trash guns.

GearFondler
10-21-2021, 05:10 AM
I've actually heard good things about the DP12, including from a guy I know and trust... His has held together and he says it's incredibly fun to shoot. One big problem it has is the "12" actually refers to it weighing 12 pounds.
Also, when shooting you can't re-engage the safety until you fire both barrels... If one barrel is still loaded you're just SOL. That's totally unacceptable.

Stephanie B
10-21-2021, 05:49 AM
I have zero use for any of these guns, I want them all for reasons I can't explain. But can only explain with a single word, 'Murica.

Talk to LittleLebowski and maybe he can make you the moderator of a new sub-forum "Derp Guns".

Those guns look the the guns for Yugo collectors.

Welder
10-21-2021, 08:23 AM
Talk to LittleLebowski and maybe he can make you the moderator of a new sub-forum "Derp Guns".

This is the best idea I've heard today so far. Of course I haven't seen any "real" people yet either.

Guerrero
10-21-2021, 09:45 AM
You probably know them best for the retarded volley fire .22 Mag revolver called the "S333 Thunderstruck" - It's dumb, it's stupid, it's idiotic... 'Murica.

https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM

Also, "DP-12"? Really?!? Who does their marketing, 13-year olds?

JRB
10-21-2021, 09:46 AM
Having been similarly influenced by stuff like Doom and Ghost in a Shell growing up, I irrationally love space guns. That led to buying a few really expensive and really stupid guns.

Right now there's a lot of stupid, unreliable, detachable-magazine fed space shotguns on the market now, bullpups even. They look absolutely space-gun video game GLORIOUS and there's a few that I lust for on looks alone.
Thankfully I haven't been compelled to buy one because I refuse send money to Turkey in any kind of way.

Clusterfrack
10-21-2021, 10:34 AM
You probably know them best for the retarded volley fire .22 Mag revolver called the "S333 Thunderstruck" - It's dumb, it's stupid, it's idiotic. I still kind of want one:...

Coal Train
10-21-2021, 10:40 AM
I am intrigued by their derpy guns but I kinda prefer their less derpy guns.......

RevolverRob
10-21-2021, 11:38 AM
I would put it more as the Pontiac Fiero with the OBO sign, or a fling with that kind of hawt trailer park chick in line at Walmart myself.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

The last "Thunderstruck" I saw was keyholing and couldn't hit a full-size IDPA silhouette at 5 yards.

Absolute trash guns.

I've actually heard good things about the DP12, including from a guy I know and trust... His has held together and he says it's incredibly fun to shoot. One big problem it has is the "12" actually refers to it weighing 12 pounds.
Also, when shooting you can't re-engage the safety until you fire both barrels... If one barrel is still loaded you're just SOL. That's totally unacceptable.

Someone point me out to another forum, where I can simultaneously share my shameful derp desires and STILL get good feedback from folks on them? P-F really does shine like a diamond in a goat's ass compared to the rest of the gunternet.

See thanks to LHS and GearFondler I can cross the S333 and the DP12 off my list. Because a gun that can't hit a target at 5-yards is dangerous and a gun that must fire two rounds before being able to safe the weapon is also dangerous.

Well, what would else would you call someone who gets a PhD in this job market? These would just be another in a long line of mistakes...

GearFondler
10-21-2021, 01:31 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing...

Someone point me out to another forum, where I can simultaneously share my shameful derp desires and STILL get good feedback from folks on them? P-F really does shine like a diamond in a goat's ass compared to the rest of the gunternet.

... and a gun that must fire two rounds before being able to safe the weapon is also dangerous.

I feel ya', believe me. Weird guns have their own appeal sometimes.

In fairness(?) to the DP12 you can manually eject that unfired shell to engage the safety but then both barrels are now empty. It's a Fubar manual of arms that I would never trust myself to remember in a fight. You basically Have to fire double taps each time to keep shit straight.
Also, unsurprisingly, the barrels are not regulated... So 15yd with buckshot is probably not too bad but 35yds with slugs? Good luck. Do you zero for just one barrel or try to find a compromised middle ground? I saw one article where the owner mounted a pair of RDS in-line, one for each barrel. I'm not even joking.

Bio
10-21-2021, 01:53 PM
Well, what would else would you call someone who gets a PhD in this job market? These would just be another in a long line of mistakes...

Rex G
10-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Amazing that a company known for making rally nice shotguns, and absolutely beautiful single-action sixguns, in the Colt SAA pattern, will also make derp. Hmm. Perhaps the derpy line is a place for new employees to make their beginner mistakes?

A local gun store has had several of the Standard Manufacturing single actions sixguns available, for sale, new, in recent months. Such nice touches as the screws, in the side of the frame, having the threads “timed” so that the slots are aligned with the barrel, show the level of craftsmanship involved. I have very nearly pulled out my credit card, more than once.