PDA

View Full Version : Brass Goat

Flamingo
10-20-2021, 08:23 PM
Has anyone tried the Brass Goat (https://brassgoat.com/products/brass-goat?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=5420654657685&pr_ref_pid=6220340953259&pr_seq=uniform)? I think it has been in several of Demonstrated Concepts videos, but I haven't heard anything positive or negative about it. I think it has several uses other than not having brass goblins snatching up your brass at the range. I may pick one up to test.

Flamingo
10-20-2021, 08:29 PM
Well I bought one. I will try it out and report back.

Welder
10-21-2021, 08:19 AM
That wasn't what I envisioned when I clicked. Looks interesting and I'll read your report.

awp_101
10-21-2021, 09:00 AM
In for updates!

Jim Watson
10-21-2021, 04:42 PM
They are trying so hard to be cute, it is not apparent what part of the gun the chute attaches to. The AR I would use it for is not the usual GI configuration or a common dresser.

TWR
10-22-2021, 10:30 AM
They are trying so hard to be cute, it is not apparent what part of the gun the chute attaches to. The AR I would use it for is not the usual GI configuration or a common dresser.

This was reviewed on another forum and it snaps to a mil spec magwell. Everyone that bought one seemed to like it but I don't use one and haven't even seen this one. It works for those that have a one piece scope mount covering the top rail. I think I saw one report of a guy that had an empty case bounce back into the port. Just like every other version, problems can occur which is why I don't use them.

Though I have wasted time hunting brass for my calling partner that loves odd ball calibers. I'd buy him one if we still hunted together.

Jim Watson
10-22-2021, 10:44 AM
It wouldn't work for me because my Good AR that throws match prepped brass in the weeds is always shot as a "self ejecting single shot" with a single loading sled over the magazine follower. So I have to get in the port every shot.

Clusterfrack
10-22-2021, 11:39 AM
That wasn't what I envisioned when I clicked. Looks interesting and I'll read your report.

I'm interested as well. I need a better way to retain 6.5 Grendel and 300 BLK cases during practice. The strap-on brass bag doesn't work that well.

But... like Welder, I expected something similar to the infamous brass rat.
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?25262-Range-rules-shooting-vs-brass-collecting
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?23692-Curious-things-seen-at-local-gun-shop-or-shooting-range&p=545442&viewfull=1#post545442

Rosco Benson
10-23-2021, 09:16 AM
I've got one. It works fine. I did have to grind a couple spots to provide clearance for the thumbscrews on my old Armalite mount. That took about thirty seconds with a Dremel and does not unsuit the unit for use on other AR/Scope mount combos.

Good kit. Well worth the price.

Flamingo
10-24-2021, 01:19 PM
I tired it out (just for proof of concept, not pressure tested) and it works fine so far. I really think the value in this is more for low volume shooting and not having to chase brass down.